Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

CCM 40K Ribcor Stick

Pre-Orders now being taken, so have at it boys.

*Legal disclaimer* There are still going to be some things that we currently can't discuss until we get the green light.

Icewarehouse just sent out a video review of it. I'd link to it but I'm not sure if that would be okay. It's right on their homepage though for anyone who wants to have a look.

The patterns are the same that are on the original Ribcor.

alright, does anyone know why some websites have it in just ccm blade patterns, but others just in reebok. Pretty sure only one I've seen with both is icewarehouse

On major improvements-technora seems like a step up from Bauer's elast tech and I'd love to know the C.O.R. on the blade and why it doesn't have the freak channels :p but the ribs tech is also upgraded

And on the blades, like I said icewarehouse has ccm blades and purehockey even has some ccm blade options but besides that you're right its all Reebok.

As you can tell I really really want this stick

see last year's ribcor (40k), 25k (30k), and 24k (28k) with some tweaks to the tech and they now say CCM powered by reebok.

It's all part of brand consolidation, etc..

It looks like they both have the same blade, as far as construction, can anyone confirm that?

Icewarehouse has some great product videos for those. Just google it man.

I read all the specs on there, and watched all the videos, sometimes its hard to tell what is branding BS and what is real tho...

the only difference I can find is the Technora Aramid Fiber Reinforcement....

Picked one of these up yesterday, and used it in a stick and puck, and later in a pick up game (lot of hockey yesterday). First impressions: Its slightly more blade heavy than the original ribcor. I suspect this is due to stiffening up the blade and potentially the technora. That throws the sweet balance of the original ribcor off a bit. Also, it plays a bit stiffer than the reebok ribcor. I was comparing it to a fairly new reebok with the exact same specs. I do like the stiffer blade, and its noticeable on snapshots and one timers, but wish it carried over the balance and flex from the original ribcor.

Summed up:

Pluses: slightly better feel, better on snapshots/one timers

Minuses: More blade heavy, plays stiffer

I actually think it's lighter and better balanced than the original Ribcor, when comparing them both brand new in my store several times.

Hmmm that's weird. I have two of the original ribcor's at my house and I've compared the CCM to a few times, with the same thoughts. My perceptions may be affected by the fact that I cut about 3" off the end...

So, I did a blind test and had a friend hand me both the original ribcor and the CCM and I tried to guess which was which. Bottom line, I got it right 3 out of 5 times, so the perceived differences in balance are minuscule. Both sticks have the same exact specs and are taped the same way. I think my brain is trying to play tricks on me...

I played with it again last night...unfortunately it was a very defensive game, and my team wasn't in the passing mood (IOW, not in the winning mood). After three skates with it, I'd say its at least as good as the original ribcor, if not better. I am going to do a more thourough side by side comparison at my next stick time to compare them across the spectrum of wrist, snap, slap shots, one timers, passing etc...

I may bring in my Tacks stick and see what the difference is between the two offerings.

Did I mention I'm a stick whore?

So, I did a blind test and had a friend hand me both the original ribcor and the CCM and I tried to guess which was which. Bottom line, I got it right 3 out of 5 times, so the perceived differences in balance are minuscule. Both sticks have the same exact specs and are taped the same way. I think my brain is trying to play tricks on me...

I played with it again last night...unfortunately it was a very defensive game, and my team wasn't in the passing mood (IOW, not in the winning mood). After three skates with it, I'd say its at least as good as the original ribcor, if not better. I am going to do a more thourough side by side comparison at my next stick time to compare them across the spectrum of wrist, snap, slap shots, one timers, passing etc...

I may bring in my Tacks stick and see what the difference is between the two offerings.

Did I mention I'm a stick whore?

I think everyone on this forum is a stick whore. I know I can't get enough of them, but wifey has about had it with my stick whoreish ways....

I hadn't played hockey in 12 years until I got back into the game in August. I am partial to the Sherwood sticks as I always used their blades in my last playing carnation. But I fear if I had just a little more money I would be a stick whore. I want to try out every stick out there. And by try out, I mean buy.