Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quickstrike32

Skates down 3-3.5 sizes from shoe?

Price is nice, but it's no substitute for fit.So if the 9.5 Supremes hurt everywhere, how was the 10?

I didn't try any size 10's because he said the length is too long which made no sense. Play it again thinks I need a 10

Every skate was small in the toe except the Nexus. The depth was my biggest issue with Nexus which was causing my foot to move. Maybe I should try a different insole?

That sounds like you should try an EE vapor in the same size to me.

I'm a 10.5 nike fit snug, and 7.5EE in MX3s

I'm almost the same as Cove here.... Snug fit 10.5 Nike shoes, most other brands 11, Which turns into 8.5EE in Bauers & Easton, 8D in CCM/(old)RBK and finally 9W in Graf's.

I would also tend to agree with Chadd about EE Vapors.

Surprisingly accurate if you go 2-3 sizes down .And I have the same problem as Wrangler, where the toebox is just too small in a D-width Supreme/Vapor. I usually wear a 9½ shoe and just yesterday I was able fit my right foot into a 6.5EE Vapor! Left foot had to fit in a 7EE, as the 6.5EE was too just small lengthwise. I did try on a Nexus 7.5D and while it fit decent lengthwise/widthwise, the heel was too wide for me. Should have tried a Nexus 7D, but oh well, I prefer the V-shaped heel of the Vapor anyway.

No, there's no accuracy involved. You gotta be careful when saying that because as you know, shoe sizes can vary as well as their relationship with skate. A full size between 2-3 sizes down is a lot.

I haven't been able to try on anything else. I checked out PIA sports and they will order EE if I can't fit into the skates in stock. No one seems willing to order a few different models and widths.

Alot of problem I am seeing with people with skates is that they have wide feet, but don't wear wide shoes.

I finally tuned in my foot, and I skate in a 9.5EE Nexus 8000. Depth is good, width is good, heel lock is pretty solid albeit not 100% ideal, but its the first skate I've had in a while that isn't too large length wise.

Saying all of that, I can wear 11 wide shoes. Typically I go to 11.5 in a wide in shoes. Or I can go to a 12, 12.5 normal width. Shoe size is just a guide, not a 100% thing. Most people tend not to be in the correct skate and or shoe size, so this is where issues arise.

For instance, I see all of the time parents coming in saying there kid is a 4 shoe, so I grab a 3 skate (If they really are a 4 shoe than they are most likely a 2.5 in a skate, having a half size of growth isn't terrible, especially parents on a budget), and the skate is HUGE! I grab a 2D and still have a very loose finger in the heel - drop them to 1.5 and its the amount of growth we feel comfortable with while not making the skate too big. So this kid who is a 4 shoe is in a 1.5 skate. He can still wear his size 3 shoes, his parents probably bumped him from a 2 shoe to a 4 shoe.

tl;dr shoe size is an okay guide to start off at, but you need to try skates on to get that size down.

I noticed no one really welcomed you back to the game so WELCOME BACK!

As for the skates...there is nothing worse than getting a pair of ill fitting skates. So make sure you do your due diligence and get a pair that does NOT have any hot spots on your feet. My personal experience: 10.5 in pretty much all Nikes, I ended up getting an 8.5 EE in my Reebok 20k, as I like my skates more snug (read: toes JUST brushing the toe box.) However, these are definitely not the perfect skates for me and I will be looking into a new pair once I can justify the major expense again (I used my high school Grafs for over 10 years before getting my 20ks)

I noticed no one really welcomed you back to the game so WELCOME BACK!

As for the skates...there is nothing worse than getting a pair of ill fitting skates. So make sure you do your due diligence and get a pair that does NOT have any hot spots on your feet. My personal experience: 10.5 in pretty much all Nikes, I ended up getting an 8.5 EE in my Reebok 20k, as I like my skates more snug (read: toes JUST brushing the toe box.) However, these are definitely not the perfect skates for me and I will be looking into a new pair once I can justify the major expense again (I used my high school Grafs for over 10 years before getting my 20ks)

Thank you! I think part of my issue was pushing my toes too far forward until they curled up. I'll remember to have the toes brush the toe cap...

I tried on a bunch of skates again and still nothing fit quite right. The Nexus 5000 9 and RBZ80 in 8.5 were the closest. I think the Nexus is the only one where I wouldn't need a EE. The depth is the only issue I had with the Nexus as it felt pretty big but I think that can be fixed by baking and being able to tie them tighter?

I wear a size 14 shoe, and my NXG's are 11.5 D. I don't think 3-3.5 sizes are a big deal, if it fits; it fits. If not, then you can make adjustments.

Yup. He's trying to get me into D width because that's primarily in his inventory. He said I shouldn't worry about width because he can gain some by baking and punching them.

The part I put in bold should raise a red flag. He should be trying to get you the best fit possible, regardless of whether or he stocks it or not.

The part I put in bold should raise a red flag. He should be trying to get you the best fit possible, regardless of whether or he stocks it or not.

I agree but where else do I go? One of the kids at his shop was going to order me a EE but wanted me to make sure I was going to buy it. They don't want to be stuck with any extra inventory...

Surprisingly accurate if you go 2-3 sizes down .And I have the same problem as Wrangler, where the toebox is just too small in a D-width Supreme/Vapor. I usually wear a 9½ shoe and just yesterday I was able fit my right foot into a 6.5EE Vapor! Left foot had to fit in a 7EE, as the 6.5EE was too just small lengthwise. I did try on a Nexus 7.5D and while it fit decent lengthwise/widthwise, the heel was too wide for me. Should have tried a Nexus 7D, but oh well, I prefer the V-shaped heel of the Vapor anyway.

Not me, I wear One95 11 regular width. Vapor doesn't fit me.

I think the size 9 Nexus will be perfect once I add some SF yellow insoles.

If the width is not painful then with a good heating and yes I agree some superfeet measured properly for arch length then you should be good to go. I may add if there is heel slippage still try Stable26 socks for that...They are available at Monkey and other fine establishments.

If the width is not painful then with a good heating and yes I agree some superfeet measured properly for arch length then you should be good to go. I may add if there is heel slippage still try Stable26 socks for that...They are available at Monkey and other fine establishments.

They aren't tight in the toes just have some extra depth. I can move my toes up and down a bit but my heel isn't moving and my foot is on the insole. They are as close to my old 652, 752, and 952 Tacks that I can find. I think the RBZ would be ok in a EE but their durability concerns scare me...

I just went through the process of buying new skates. I wear 10.5D in my Red Wing work boots as fitted by Red Wing. I get fitted every time I buy new boots. Always a 10.5D. When I played years ago I was in CCM 752 Kevlar that I was fitted for, but forgot what size. In the years I didn't play I had picked up a cheap pair of Bauer Vapor X20's in a 9.5D. No fitting, just off the shelf in an impulse buy as I wanted to skate and not use rentals. Since I started to play again this past August I kept having to bang my heel against the board to knock my heel back, my arches were in pain and by the end of a shinny or game my feet were in pain. Time for new skates...

Went to a local store and tried on a couple pair, different makes and models, and wound up in the new Tacks (5052's, mainly because of price point). But in an 8EE. They fit amazing. And I immediately felt a difference in my skating in game. Much more explosive and in control.

So being properly fit and not worrying about size is the way to go.