Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDHockey

Oakley Visor

My Oakley visor has almost a film on it. It seemed to get worse using the Oakley spray. I can work away some of it, is there a better way to clean it without damaging the visor (abrasive side of sponge?) I did just travel back from playing in a tournament and the bag sat in a rental car for a day or so.

Thanks!

Nope.

Oakley visors are great, but very finicky. You have to make sure there isn't any sweat or moisture on the visor; keeping it in a bag for a day that way would certainly ruin it.

Mine had that and i though it was a film that was flaking off. I cant remember the thread but someone said it could be crusted sweat and recommended soaking it in white vinegar. It seemed to work, but mine was so bad prior to trying it that it wasn't really even usable so I had nothing to lose. It cleared it up quite a bit, I think i'm going to get some more and try it again to see if i can fully clear it.

i was using the spray on mine for some time. Seemed like it still fogged with it and i couldnt understand why the coating was getting all messed up. I bought a new one recently and decided to not use the spray at first. I've used it probably 10 times already and it fogs less without the spray if you can believe it. All i've been doing is cleaning it with a soft damp towel. So far so good.

Looks like I might need to replace, am I going to see much of a difference between Oakley and Bauer? Plus/minus of each? Thanks

I don't have any experience with the Oakley shield. But I have the Bauer HDO Pro half shield and love it. I've had it for 3 months now playing an average of 3 times a week and it never fogs. I've never used anything on it and wrap in and the helmet in a towel to put it in my bag. I've wanted to try an Oakley one (I love their sunglasses) but have read a lot about maintaining them and my Bauer has been virtually maintenance free.

Honestly I have had an Oakley visor for many years and it is still great shape minus a few scratches here and there from play. I don't use any spray to clean it, I just use a little tap water and just wipe it dry, stays clear and never had problems of it fogging up or anything.

When I was playing juniors we used disinfectant wipes from the trainers bag to clean visors and they were miracle workers, didn't seem to damage the visors much, I use it on my Oakley visor now too since I don't need to use a clip in anymore and have had no issues

Honestly I have had an Oakley visor for many years and it is still great shape minus a few scratches here and there from play. I don't use any spray to clean it, I just use a little tap water and just wipe it dry, stays clear and never had problems of it fogging up or anything.

I do the same with my Oakley visor and has don it for years. Works great.

My Oakley visor is also showing some damage and I wonder if something can be done about it. It looks like a thin layer on the outside of the visor is coming of. Like a snake changing skin... I can scratch it off with my nails but the spots where I tried that are not clear. Does anynody know if AFR spray could be of any help? Or is that only for the inside and anti-fog? Maybe it's ruined?

From my experiences, once you see the film peeling the visor is toast.

I don't use anything on my visors. To clean, I just breathe and fog my visor and wipe immediately.

If that makes sense. Anyone who wears glasses will know what I mean.