Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1kp

Suggestions for Narrow Heel, Wide Forefoot Skate

i've got a narrow heal and a high arch with a medium to wise forefoot and this is what i've found works for me...

roller - alkali's is the way to go. heat mouldability of the forefoot and the heal lock converted me. i've only had mine for a month and don't know why i was wearing missions for so long.

ice - Bauer supreme or maybe the new ccm tacks (used to work for me growing up.

i've got a narrow heal and a high arch with a medium to wise forefoot and this is what i've found works for me...

roller - alkali's is the way to go. heat mouldability of the forefoot and the heal lock converted me. i've only had mine for a month and don't know why i was wearing missions for so long.

ice - Bauer supreme or maybe the new ccm tacks (used to work for me growing up.

Bauer Supreme does not have a wide forefoot or a narrow heel.

This is a somewhat accurate guide, although you should absolutely try on as many pairs as you can.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/hockey-giant-buying-guide-how-to-buy-hockey-skates.html

Amiroo - just making a suggestion based on my exp. i love the customized fit you get with heat mouldable boots. when i had my supreme one90s baked years back the guy at the shop was rubbing my foot more than getting a thai pedicure. i can only assume the fit that was obtained was from this as my ankle bones and avg-to-wide forefoot fit perfect. been using these skates for 6 years and would continue using them if they weren't falling apart. with that being said i am looking at them and the vapors for a new skate next time i'm in toronto.

i agree trying them on is the best bet, along with asking the guy at the local shop.

I felt like the Vapors were more narrow all around than the Supreme or Tacks but maybe I had the wrong size. I tried so many skates I can't remember but the Vapors have the lowest volume in the Bauer line. My heel slips in every pair of wide shoes or boots I own but my forefoot is on the wide side.

Yup, Vapor is narrow compared to the others but the EE is wider at the forefoot but remains narrow at the heel, which sounds like what you need.

Yup, Vapor is narrow compared to the others but the EE is wider at the forefoot but remains narrow at the heel, which sounds like what you need.

The EE vapor has a wider (B) heel

Worst case, there are neoprene ankle sleeves that will take up any extra space that may exist around your heel.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've tried on many skates over the past couple of months and have had no luck. So far I've tried on:

Easton RS size 6D: Slight heel lift in the right skate.

Graf G75 Lites 5.5EE: Skate didn't have enough volume and weren't deep enough (worst pain ever skating in them)

Graf G75 6D: Skate felt good all around, but this was when my buddy briefly allowed me to try them on after one of my games (never skated in them)

Reebok 20K I believe in a 5.5 EE: Way too much room in the heels

CCM U+12 skates 6D: Too long

Most recently I tried on the Vapor X70's in a 5.5D and I loved the heel lock I was getting in the skates, but the skate was way too narrow for me. I then tried them on in a 5.5 EE and the skates felt okay, but I was getting a little heel lift on my left foot and the boot didn't seem deep enough for me as my foot was pressing right on the pencil when I did the pencil test. I tried on and skated in CCM 6052's in a 5.5 EE which were way too wide in the heels and a 5.5 D which also were too wide in the heels. I also tried on Reebok Ribcore 28K's in a 5.5 D which were good in terms of width and depth but I was getting heel lift (not as much as I did in the 6052's) in both skates, but am worried that the heel lift will get worse as the skate breaks down.

In terms of the Bauer Supreme's, I've read and heard many different opinions on how they fit. People say they fit narrow in the heel and wide in the forefoot, whereas hockey skate fit charts and skate reviews online say they fit medium throughout the whole boot, so I'm not sure what to go off of.

I've tried on many skates over the past couple of months and have had no luck. So far I've tried on:

Graf G75 Lites 5.5EE: Skate didn't have enough volume and weren't deep enough (worst pain ever skating in them)

Graf G75 6D: Skate felt good all around, but this was when my buddy briefly allowed me to try them on after one of my games (never skated in them)

Most recently I tried on the Vapor X70's in a 5.5D and I loved the heel lock I was getting in the skates, but the skate was way too narrow for me. I then tried them on in a 5.5 EE and the skates felt okay, but I was getting a little heel lift on my left foot and the boot didn't seem deep enough for me as my foot was pressing right on the pencil when I did the pencil test. I tried on and skated in CCM 6052's in a 5.5 EE which were way too wide in the heels and a 5.5 D which also were too wide in the heels. I also tried on Reebok Ribcore 28K's in a 5.5 D which were good in terms of width and depth but I was getting heel lift (not as much as I did in the 6052's) in both skates, but am worried that the heel lift will get worse as the skate breaks down.

In terms of the Bauer Supreme's, I've read and heard many different opinions on how they fit. People say they fit narrow in the heel and wide in the forefoot, whereas hockey skate fit charts and skate reviews online say they fit medium throughout the whole boot, so I'm not sure what to go off of.

http://stable26.com/

The new Bauer Supremes imho are narrow in the heel (they have great heel lock for my foot), but they are a low volume, mid to narrow forefoot. I would not consider them wide in the forefoot, especially compared to other brands or even the Nexus boot.

Bauer Supreme does not have a wide forefoot or a narrow heel.

This is a somewhat accurate guide, although you should absolutely try on as many pairs as you can.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/hockey-giant-buying-guide-how-to-buy-hockey-skates.html

I think the terms "snug" and "slightly narrow" have to be some of the most confusing and worst terms they could have used for this chart.

Try on a pair of Mako's EE width. I have a narrow heel and wide forefoot. These molded very nicely. No heel slip.

Try on a pair of Mako's EE width. I have a narrow heel and wide forefoot. These molded very nicely. No heel slip.

The Makos are way over my budget and my LHS doesn't seem to want to order EE for me to try. I've tried on skates for months but only 2 in EE. A RBK 20K 8.5 EE at my LHS and I ordered Supreme 160's in 9.5 EE from IW.

The Makos are way over my budget and my LHS doesn't seem to want to order EE for me to try. I've tried on skates for months but only 2 in EE. A RBK 20K 8.5 EE at my LHS and I ordered Supreme 160's in 9.5 EE from IW.

Try the Mako M8. Couple hundred less than mako II.

I'm not spending $600 on skates I will use maybe 1-2 times a week for beer league and pickup and the M8s can't be found locally. I haven't played in 15 years... $300-$350 is reasonable. I have some Supreme 160s in 9.5 EE to send back to IW. I guess I can keep ordering there until I get it right.

I have a similar foot to what you're describing. The Graf 735 or G35 are wide in the forefoot and narrow/average in heel. The CCM RBZ line fit well for me. Previously I was in a Vapor EE, but my heel slipped a bit with those. So Vapor EE with a Stable 26 sock would be another option.