Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammers44

Just switched curves

I'm switching over from a Getzlaf curve to a Tavares mainly because I got a good deal on 2 RBZ 80's in a 75 flex and its getting harder to find any Getzlafs in a 75 flex in my area. Has anyone made a similar switch? I'm not looking for crazy answers just some insight on what playing with these will be like. If it helps I primarily play defense and like to keep my clappers low.

I made that exact switch a couple years ago. It took me about 20 or so minutes to get used to, but I've never really had an issue switching between the most drastic curves. You won't be forced to take shots off the heel anymore, so you can shoot from just about anywhere on the blade. Just play around with it for a bit, shouldn't take too long to get used to.

Thanks for the input. It definitely took less time than I thought I would to adjust to that curve. It's way nicer having an entire blade to shoot off of instead of rolling everything back to the heel.