Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hooah4

polyester socks

I'd like to order some of the new "edge" type socks for my son for Christmas. He's about 5'9" and very thin. He uses adult size traditional socks now. any idea on how to measure these?

I'm 6'2" and ~170 pounds (thin) and I wear the Intermediates in the Reebok socks. They are nice and snug. I had a pair of Seniors and they were way too big.

I'm 5'10" and 185lb and I wear the adult reebok socks. They are a little big but I prefer my gear to be looser; it feel less restrictive to me. I don't use my socks to keep my shin pads in place, that is what tape is for.

T

Since this is a sock thread, I'd like to ask a question, sorry to maybe hijack thread a bit...

Are their socks out there that are more "grippy", in the heel area specifically? I just got new Mako skates, and the hell lock isn't perfect. Stable26 socks didn't really fix the issue, but I am working on heat molding the rear a bit more. I think having grippier socks might help a bit also. The padding into the Mako 2 is more soft and smooth than my Vapors are. I notice when I'm up on my toes, my heel lifts up a bit and just causes general instability overall.

FWIW I'm 5'9/average build and I find that I prefer the adult edge socks to intermediates. Sure they are a bit baggy/long but I find intermediate edge socks way too snug.

I'm 5'8 and incredibly skinny (140lbs), and I actually use the Junior ones, as they're exactly the right length and I really like that super-snug fit. I mean, they /just/ fit, and I've used intermediates in the past. So no dramas.

im 5'8" and 190ish, so I might not be the best example, but I am right on the edge of reebok intermediate socks, I can use them but they are pretty tight, not as much give. same with bauer socks in senior s/m. What I would do is order both a senior and intermediate (or S/M if with bauer) socks and have him try on the intermediates not on the ice to see if they are too tight for his liking. If he is comfortable with those, return the larger size. I do find my socks to loosen up a little over time as the fibers relax.

5'7", 140 lbs and I wear Intermediate Edge socks and they're still a bit long.

I felt like my Boston prostock edge socks were slightly heftier than retail but they were so long on me even in large size that I ended up selling them to a teammate.

5'7", 140 lbs and I wear Intermediate Edge socks and they're still a bit long.

I felt like my Boston prostock edge socks were slightly heftier than retail but they were so long on me even in large size that I ended up selling them to a teammate.

Do edge socks come in intermediate? Are you talking about the SX100 socks?

I want to know if they pro team practice socks are the same as the game socks. I've noticed that NHL practice jerseys have the green inside colour which means they're indo-edge. So I'm curious as to wether the practice socks are of lesser quality.

$T2eC16NHJHYFFk,(h9v-BRp2ZLVd-w~~60_35.J vs. rbkvsreebok_2.jpg?w=450