Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyChicaga

Intermediate stick questions

I have a few questions about using an intermediate stick as an adult. I play men's league games (33 yo) and I've been playing hockey for 22 years. I haven't used an intermediate stick since high school I think... Honestly I can't remember if I was using adult wood sticks when I played back then. I do know I had an old Easton aluminum stick that was an intermediate.

I'm a 5'10 150# defenseman, playing a more offensive style. I like to carry the puck into the zone and make very accurate passes. Right now using a Bauer TotalOne two-piece that I like, with a P88 blade.

I'm looking to improve my shots without sacrificing passing ability. I've been thinking about switching to an intermediate stick to get a lot more flex for my shot. Also, I'm looking at the APX2 stick vs the MX3. My favorite stick I've ever had was an Easton SE16 with an Ignila pattern. Anything Easton has now that equally compares? I don't take many slap shots, more wristers and backhands. Do you think the Intermediate stick will help or hurt my game?

At 150ibs I'd recommend a 75 flex stick if you have to cut ur stick than try a 65 flex intermediate I'm 5'11" 140ibs and use a 65 flex true a6.0 the stick is awesome and its a lil taller than most brands intermediate which are usually too short for me.

Most intermediate sticks use a Sr. blade. Hard to say if it will help or hurt. Most important aspect in a stick is blade lie, everything else is personal preference.

I switched to intermediates when I had trouble finding Sr sticks in 75 flex, just too stiff after I cut them to length. I've since switched back to Sr.

im 5'5" (no skates on) and buy intermediate 60 flexes. I tend to cut a lot off my sticks (due to my unfortunate height!). If you (OP) cut your sticks down..you will be happy with a 65 flex.

I'm 5'6" 155lbs. Cutting down a SR stick to fit my height just wasn't working, making them to stiff. I switched to intermediate 60 flex with 1" cut off and it was perfect. i have a Bauer Nexus 1000 INT 67 flex im looking to sell if you're still looking. Only used it in two games

I'm 5'6" out of shoes, 150 lbs. I've been using intermediate sticks for the last 5 years and LOVE them. With senior sticks, even buying the lowest flex available (usually 75 flex) by the time I cut them to the length that felt good to me, the flex was just too high for me. With intermediates, I get around 60 flex sticks (sometimes 55 or 65 depending on brand) and find that even after I cut them, they have the whip I like for my shots.

I haven't had any issues with durability and the blades are senior size so passes and stick handling aren't an issue.

The only issue I have with using intermediates is that the selection of curves is much smaller than with senior sticks. With most brands you're lucky to have more than 2 choices. A sakic or kane clone are usually available, and sometimes a toe curve of some kind. I've found I like the heel wedge P6 pattern and they just do not exist for intermediates outside of special orders.

Still, wouldn't think of ever going back to Sr sticks.