Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDoezIt

Under Armour in the world of Hockey

Money talks.

I don't know whether to read into this or not lol

But if i were to read into it, Im assuming you're indicating that UA has the money to talk... more so than other potential bidders.

???

But if i were to read into it, Im assuming you're indicating that UA has the money to talk... more so than other potential bidders.

???

Estimated cost is $50M for the brand to license NHL, plus 10% of revenue. UA has it. They were negotiating with Kevin Durant to pay him about half of that this summer, and that's just one guy. This is 30 markets in two countries, plus strong markets in Sweden, Russia, etc. Paying for the jerseys gets you the inside track on all sales of hats, t-shirts, hoodies, all that other fun stuff.

UA is outfitting a handful of NCAA hockey teams already, so they have the process in place.

As to your suggestion of UA having more money to throw around than Bauer, CCM/Adidas/WhatsLeftOfReebok or Nike, I very much doubt UA has more money, but they have enough to compete. It's about what it's worth to each of those entities, they can all afford it.

I have worn under armour for years, the brand slowly came to the UK just after Dodgeball the movie landed. Here UA is actually really cheap compared to most branded base players, I pay at least 50% less than say a Nike base or similar. A long sleeve heat gear top can be had for around 14GBP if you get them in the sale. I use there stuff for a broad range of activities and have zero complaints. They also sponsor my Local premier league football team Spurs and I here they are branching out to a few more teams in the coming season's.. World domination me thinks...

I think you guys are crazy that think they're all equal. The cheaper Walmart/Target shirts have a different texture and are really bad with static electricity. The Nike stuff, I think works better but it holds in smell after a while(also a different texture). UA has been the longest lasting undershirt I've used. I haven't tried 37.5 or many of those other brands of comparable(to UA) price, I've given up on finding something I like better.

I think you guys are crazy that think they're all equal. The cheaper Walmart/Target shirts have a different texture and are really bad with static electricity. The Nike stuff, I think works better but it holds in smell after a while(also a different texture). UA has been the longest lasting undershirt I've used. I haven't tried 37.5 or many of those other brands of comparable(to UA) price, I've given up on finding something I like better.

im in full agreement there. I tried a cheaper brand for underlayering, they don't work anywhere near as good. The cheaper brands not only have a different texture but also to me underwhelm in performance. I use my bauer underlayer now, if I wear one. If its not clean, I will grab one of my Patagonia base layers that I use for running, but I don't touch my cheaper layers unless I am doing a light workout or some yard work.

Estimated cost is $50M for the brand to license NHL, plus 10% of revenue. UA has it. They were negotiating with Kevin Durant to pay him about half of that this summer, and that's just one guy. This is 30 markets in two countries, plus strong markets in Sweden, Russia, etc. Paying for the jerseys gets you the inside track on all sales of hats, t-shirts, hoodies, all that other fun stuff.

UA is outfitting a handful of NCAA hockey teams already, so they have the process in place.

They have the money to get into the talks if they want, which includes more money than Bauer.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I figured thats what you were getting at. Its no surprise, UA has powerhouse money to land the deal with they want.

I hope they land it.

Speaking of longevity I have my first heat gear top that I purchased in 2005 and it is still going strong, I wore it this morning actually. I did pay full wack for that about 40 quid? Bargin if you ask me..

???

I think UA wants a pro sport under their belt

I have WSI stuff that I have owned for at least 15 years. The wikmax pro is great stuff and the microtech stuff is as good as most products on the market.

I have WSI stuff that I have owned for at least 15 years. The wikmax pro is great stuff and the microtech stuff is as good as most products on the market.

WSI stuff is great too. I have a few pieces, just the neck on them annoys me. They are not as effective as my bauer layer is, but I got them pretty cheap and they make good workout shirts

only have 2 underarmour shirts and they are cold gear that i bought bc i was going to be playing outside in below freezing weather. I purchased them because the modells near me had a discount on them and a friend worked there as well so it was cheap. I dont find them to keep you as warm as they say they will and i still noticed i was cold even when playing. the good thing is them and my tour hockey shirt dont hold a smell after using them. The reebok shirt i use for roller does.

Stop using fabric softener. That's what creates the smell in polyester fabric.

Also, the UA cold gear is a mix of poly and elastane, so, chances are the elastane is getting rid of the smell the way cotton does.

Never used fabric softener on any of sports gear or clothes, and havnt used fabric softener in general for a little bit now. Though that is a good point for those that dont know already. I dont know what else is the reebok shirt, but it may be what keeps the smell in.

I think in the end most of this "performance apparel" stuff is better than your ordinary cotton tee shirt but dont expect miracles. I would like to try the warrior or bauer 37.5 stuff but im not too sure how much better they will be.

Never used fabric softener on any of sports gear or clothes, and havnt used fabric softener in general for a little bit now. Though that is a good point for those that dont know already. I dont know what else is the reebok shirt, but it may be what keeps the smell in.

I think in the end most of this "performance apparel" stuff is better than your ordinary cotton tee shirt but dont expect miracles. I would like to try the warrior or bauer 37.5 stuff but im not too sure how much better they will be.

I find the 37.5 to be as much better than a normal performance base layer as a base layer is to a cotton shirt.

WSI stuff is great too. I have a few pieces, just the neck on them annoys me. They are not as effective as my bauer layer is, but I got them pretty cheap and they make good workout shirts

There are four or five different materials with the WSI, which one do you have?

I find the 37.5 to be as much better than a normal performance base layer as a base layer is to a cotton shirt.

Ill look into it when my current stuff starts to go, hopefully the pries will be lower too.

There are four or five different materials with the WSI, which one do you have?

the labels are faded but I have two microtech and two wikmax layers. I like the microtech a bit better, others too warm

i really dislike UA. As a taller guy (6'5") they have no options for the shirt/sleeves to be long enough. Also, when they first came out their seems were horrible on the inside of the garments. The one shirt I had I would wear inside out.

Excellent marketing as a bunch of people said, not a good product.

Hellaavangaurd nailed it. The core pro shorts are far and away better than anything out there that I'm aware of. I believe they are not discontinued any more as I have been seeing them in retail stores lately again...

These hockey practice jerseys are on sale at my local Winners (off-price department store).

Anyone seen them before? Looks like they come in black or light gray.

9ae65330-37e8-4268-b841-7e8281328c60.jpg