Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbreezy27

"Mid kick-point" sticks

Considering purchasing a mid kick-point stick and wanted feedback on some of the high-end options: (i.e. Bauer Supreme, CCM Tacks, Warrior Dynasty, and Easton Synergy HTX). I have used the TotalOne and the NXG, being a huge fan on the NXG. I am really interested in the Warrior Dynasty Ax1 ST. Anyone have any experience with the Dynasty aX ST or the CCM tacks sticks??

Working in a hockey shop, I've played extensively with all of these lol

My favorite is definitely the Tacks. It's really well balanced, got good puck feel, shoots consistently. There's not one thing about it that sticks out, it's just a really dependable stick.

Then it'd be the AX1ST. I've always been a fan of warrior, but the ST in the intermediate 70 flex works really well for me because I'm a short guy and have to cut it down too. Shots are really nice, and the blade is crisp.

Synergy HTX is definitely an upgrade over the V series. Also, much more durable. The shaft on it is a little weird for my tastes, though it could just be my mind. Blade is...unremarkable.

Supreme MX3 I actually did not like as much as the NXG. Blade's too damn soft. Feels like I'm stickhandling with a pillow. Some people enjoy that, but I like a stiffer blade.

You might also want to consider the Sherwood T120. I haven't gotten the chance to try it out as extensively but it's responsive, got lots of pop, and well balanced. Other honorable mentions: Bauer Nexus 8000 - much prefer this stick over MX3, though it's not the most stand-out midkick there is out there. Also, CCM RBZ Superfast - not a true midkick exactly; plays sort of like a wood stick. All I know is that the puck's got some serious zing on it. Also, much livelier puck handling than I expected.

I went from Nexus 1000 to Nexus 8000 to Ax1LT. I really like the AX1LT the most. It's not as light as the Nexus line, but it's really well balanced. The blade has good puck feel and the stick is very responsive. Shots are hard off of it, even though I think it's too soft (went from Nexus 77 to Warrior 75, but forgot about the free cut zone. The Nexus is cut to the 84 flex line so I probably need a 85 AX1LT)