Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Yes, Warrior makes a nice 4-roll glove, but...

1) This thread is for discussing 2015 Bauer product.

2) He asked about replacing his current Bauer 4-roll pro within the Nexus 4-roll line.

JBub

Can you give recomendation for molding SpeedPlate, for pronation foot to achive correct foot shape in skate?

AIREAYE

Because NAT. That my brother account use.

Edited by iSmile

JDub - will standing when heating the skate and speed plate risk widening the skate slightly? Also, will speed plate be available to test during Bauer Experience in AZ next week?

oldtrainerguy28: Bauer's warranty for holders on new skates and aftermarket is 1-year from the date of purchase. If the player has concerns after 6-months they should be returning to retailer they purchased the skate for warranty replacement or be in contact with Bauer warranty directly so we can resolve the issue for them. We would also likely ask the retailer or player to ship the holder back to our RD&D for inspection. This would help us in any required improvements and design considerations in the future.

*edited*

Actually all retailers my clients dealt with were told (as of I believe but will check that as of last march) it is now only 90 days even if the skate was of a later model. And only a few had the holders replaced at no cost. In fact one lady did contact Mississauga and was sent a letter saying her skates that were 6mths old roughly maybe 8 ( and this is a 40'ish year old lady playing once a week) that her holder would not be replaced as per the 90 day warranty that is now applicable. I can send you a copy of that if you wish.

As for the other person with the comment about me telling people they should go with LS2 (yes that is correct) but I never have said i used vice grips, I do not have a pair in my shop.

Listen I am being respectful and giving Bauer the opportunity to correct issues and have not come on here and told anyone that they are garbage and they should go to something completely different.

I have said I prefer the LS2 as I FEEL IMO that is a better product and Step Steel is a better quality blade and much easier to sharpen. I have had much better success with the JR, OHL, NCAA, AHL, and NHL players I work with using the LS2 and Step combination. Period.

For the record, the 2100 helmet is gone. New helmets at that price point(Learn to Play kids) won't be available until June 2015.

What is the purpose of putting LS1 steel on a $400 skate and then it's not aftermarket? Not that shops need more steel to stock but why LS1? Especially at that price point.

• Like 1

For the record, the 2100 helmet is gone. New helmets at that price point(Learn to Play kids) won't be available until June 2015.

How does the IMS5.0 fit in them? Same price point as the 4500? I figured it replaced the 2100 due to its location on the chart.

Actually all retailers my clients dealt with were told (as of I believe but will check that as of last march) it is now only 90 days even if the skate was of a later model. And only a few had the holders replaced at no cost. In fact one lady did contact Mississauga and was sent a letter saying her skates that were 6mths old roughly maybe 8 ( and this is a 40'ish year old lady playing once a week) that her holder would not be replaced as per the 90 day warranty that is now applicable. I can send you a copy of that if you wish.

As for the other person with the comment about me telling people they should go with LS2 (yes that is correct) but I never have said i used vice grips, I do not have a pair in my shop.

Listen I am being respectful and giving Bauer the opportunity to correct issues and have not come on here and told anyone that they are garbage and they should go to something completely different.

I have said I prefer the LS2 as I FEEL IMO that is a better product and Step Steel is a better quality blade and much easier to sharpen. I have had much better success with the JR, OHL, NCAA, AHL, and NHL players I work with using the LS2 and Step combination. Period.

oldtrainerguy28: Interesting on the warranty. As it states on our website, it is 1-year from date of purchase for warranty (skate boots are 90-days, holders 365, runner 90-days). If you’re interested, PM me and we can exchange contact info and set up a call together. I wouldn't mind talking through details instead of on here as I would like to clear this up. Good conversation can go a long ways and I am more than happy to help out!

Just an FYI, IMO everyone is entitled to their own opinion!! I respect that in people. As a matter of fact, it helps us at BAUER to look at things differently - which is healthy and keeps grounded. On the flip side, I am sure you respect that there are other opinions in the industry. For example, we currently have:

• +70% of NHL players using LS Edge holder (which means they use BAUER steel as well)
    • +15% of NHL players use LS2 or TUUK custom+
  • Every team has at least 10 players using the LS Edge Holder with the exception of one (this one team has zero players)
  • 5 Teams are 100% Edge Holders (would have 6 but 1-player on 1-team uses Cobra)

It's important to state this not to demean your opinion but to rather point out that it's only 1 person's opinion and other opinions exist (which again, you probably support I am guessing).

As mentioned, hopefully you want to connect on the warranty on Edge/Steel in general. Let me know either way.

JDub - will standing when heating the skate and speed plate risk widening the skate slightly? Also, will speed plate be available to test during Bauer Experience in AZ next week?

Not significantly. BAUER has heating protocol of standing during the heating process. Personally, I prefer sitting but to each his own. Skate fitting is a craft. Do what works best for the player and each good fitter I know and work with, usually has a unique trait.

JBub

Can you give recomendation for molding SpeedPlate, for pronation foot to achive correct foot shape in skate?

AIREAYE

Because NAT. That my brother account use.

Who is JBub? :ph34r:

As I stated earlier, the Speed Plate is about negative space reduction, heel lock and arch support resulting in greater balance (balance is something you learn from day 1 of skating). This is why it’s a Speed Plate and not a footbed. We consider this a performance accessory which can be used on any skate you desire. We use biomechanical research and algorithms as part our innovation and validation process. The Speed Plate is different than most other skate footbeds out in the marketplace. Honestly, you have to try it before you can pass judgment.

With that said, as you can probably guess, the subjects we used in our testing (although not clinically diagnosed), had varying degrees of pronation. The molding protocol is no different as the Speed Plate adapts to your specific needs.

Now if you have a severe case that causes stress on joints/ligaments, you might want to consider reaching out to a professional pediotrist for recomendations.

Alright, so since nobody has asked thus far, I'll take a stab at it.

What does Bauer make of the use of 'QRT Technology' on the 1X stick given Warrior's QR line?

Who is JBub? :ph34r:

As I stated earlier, the Speed Plate is about negative space reduction, heel lock and arch support resulting in greater balance (balance is something you learn from day 1 of skating). This is why it’s a Speed Plate and not a footbed. We consider this a performance accessory which can be used on any skate you desire. We use biomechanical research and algorithms as part our innovation and validation process. The Speed Plate is different than most other skate footbeds out in the marketplace. Honestly, you have to try it before you can pass judgment.

With that said, as you can probably guess, the subjects we used in our testing (although not clinically diagnosed), had varying degrees of pronation. The molding protocol is no different as the Speed Plate adapts to your specific needs.

Now if you have a severe case that causes stress on joints/ligaments, you might want to consider reaching out to a professional pediotrist for recomendations.

I did PM and have not received a reply.

Thanks! My understanding was there was an upgrade in LS3 steel quality that corresponded with the release of Edge holders/steel. Is it safe to assume that if there was an improvement in the LS3, the LS2 also improved?

The newer batches of LS2 steel have a slightly more polished finish to them.

This is why it’s a Speed Plate and not a footbed.

C'mon, this is is MSH. To be frank, this is just insulting our intelligence. It's like saying Kleenex isn't a tissue. I have no experience w/ this product and it may very well be a game-changer, but this kind of marketing is way over the top. You said it can be used in other skates in place of a regular footbed, so just call it what it is, a new kind of footbed. You can even say "the world's greatest footbed." Companies can lead us to the kool-aid, no need to shove it down our throats.

Edited by Neo5370

To be frank Neo, if you were spending hundreds of thousands of dollars for advertisement on this product, where there are other established competitors already in the market place (Dr Scholls, Shock Doctor, CCM, Graf, Superfeet, to name a few) you'd be dumb to say its just another footbed. From a customization standpoint, this is head over heels anything I've seen, and everyone I've heard who has skated in it has loved it.

C'mon, this is is MSH. To be frank, this is just insulting our intelligence. It's like saying Kleenex isn't a tissue. I have no experience w/ this product and it may very well be a game-changer, but this kind of marketing is way over the top. You said it can be used in other skates in place of a regular footbed, so just call it what it is, a new kind of footbed. You can even say "the world's greatest footbed." Companies can lead us to the kool-aid, no need to shove it down our throats.

Marketing is marketing... I don't really care much about that. As they say (or used to)... "E Caveat Emptor."

Bauer can call it what they want. If it is a good product it will sell. If it is not good it will not.

The Speed Plate is nice. I tried it out on ice for about 40 minutes. It is a great option to choose from for a higher end footbed like Superfeet or CCM's. To get some moldable customization at about $50 isn't bad at all. I was surprised it was thinner than I thought it would be. Maybe just a tad thicker than the formfit footbed but not much. It was thinner than the superfeet or ccm are.

Edited by flyers10

I skated in the insoles, albeit in a skate that didnt fit me very well at the Bauer Experience.

Not sure if I would buy the speedplate over my CCM insoles, in fact I kind of doubt I will. I get pain in my arch without strong arch support in a skate, hence why I need aftermarket insoles. These are made to 'fit to you feet' according to the guy there, and I dont want something to fit exactly to my flat foot.

I skated in the insoles, albeit in a skate that didnt fit me very well at the Bauer Experience.

Not sure if I would buy the speedplate over my CCM insoles, in fact I kind of doubt I will. I get pain in my arch without strong arch support in a skate, hence why I need aftermarket insoles. These are made to 'fit to you feet' according to the guy there, and I dont want something to fit exactly to my flat foot.

Plz explain why you don't want something, like a footbed, to fit exactly to the bottom of your flat feet? O.o

Plz explain why you don't want something, like a footbed, to fit exactly to the bottom of your flat feet? O.o

What part of my post did you not understand?

I don't want to have a debate about arch support in s thread about the Bauer 2015 catalog.

Do the improvements to the 1X skate make it a significantly better version of its predecessor? Or are they more incremental (ie NXG to MX3)? I'm asking because I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of MX3's (Vapor line is too narrow for me, even in EE width). But if the next version in the Supreme line will give the same evolutionary improvements as the 1X, I might consider waiting for that. Would that launch on the 18 month (Spring '16) with the sticks, or 24 month (Fall '16) life cycle?

When will the SpeedPlates and LS4 steel be available standalone?

Thanks!

Edited by psulion22