Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Do the improvements to the 1X skate make it a significantly better version of its predecessor? Or are they more incremental (ie NXG to MX3)? I'm asking because I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair of MX3's (Vapor line is too narrow for me, even in EE width). But if the next version in the Supreme line will give the same evolutionary improvements as the 1X, I might consider waiting for that. Would that launch on the 18 month (Spring '16) with the sticks, or 24 month (Fall '16) life cycle?

When will the SpeedPlates and LS4 steel be available standalone?

Thanks!

The replacement for the MX3 wont come out until Spring 2016 - we're a solid 16 months away. If that works for you then I'd wait - if you need them sooner than get them.

The speedplates and LS4 will be available standalone in June.

How does the 1X fit compare to the NXG? Also didn't see anything on the MX3LE in the catalog, but is it offered in EE width? Have seen some online retailers with it and others without it.

You would be comparing Vapor with Supreme, no different than APX2 with MX3, or NXG. Yes LE is offered in EE. You don't see it because it's a limited run product.

1) Is the Vapor 1X stick a true one piece (as some of the videos are claiming), or a fused 2 piece (as indicated in the write-up on the IW website for the Vapor 1X stick)?

2) When do Vapor 1X gloves launch?

Edited by Cosmic

how will the 1x skates fit in comparison to the APX2?

I know the original apx was a bit wider than the apx.

Could be a bit more room with the 1x considering the smaller tongue???

Alright, so since nobody has asked thus far, I'll take a stab at it.

What does Bauer make of the use of 'QRT Technology' on the 1X stick given Warrior's QR line?

OK guys, I'll ask Bauer this next week when I do their demo event!

What about stiffness of the 1x skate vs. the APX2? Really think the APX2 was a great balance between stability / support and still maintaining a certain feel of the boot. I am a bit scared the 1x might be too stiff - when boots tend to get stiffer and stiffer. Glad if someone can provide feedback.

Anyone already tried the MX3 protective (shoulder & shin guards)? Would be interested to know if Bauer improved the problem of quite considerable weight added dring use (swett) - they have a highly capable technology with 37.5 so eager to hear about that.

OK guys, I'll ask Bauer this next week when I do their demo event!

I am sure Bauer will have a very polished and PR/ obnoxious type answer. That being said, I cannot wait to try the 1X and think I may return to a 2 piece so that I can use the 1X and feel free to put the blade through the ringer without having to worry about losing $260 if I were to buy the 1X and break it.

Edited by Cosmic

They're embarrassing themselves by taking these shots. Warrior did not invent the low kick stick. It looks like a sign of desperation / petty to casual observers

• Like 1

Well, I think it's kinda funny.

Quite frankly, I think it's more embarrasing for Bauer calling it a QuickReleaseTaper a few month after Warrior released their QuickRelease stick, they're hopping on the quick release marketing train warrior started.

But whatever, it's probably gonna be an awesome stick

• Like 1

Warrior thought they were taking a shot but all they've done is say that the sticks are essentially the same. They would be better off trying to point out differences than chiding Bauer for jumping on the newest buzzwords.

• Like 4

I dunno, I think it's funny. But I'm not looking at it the same way I don't think. I see it as "these NHL guys who have their bauer contracts actually secretly prefer warrior"

Wonder if Bauer did this by design? While I appreciate the digs Warrior has thrown at the 1X, the bottom line is that it's just bringing more attention to the Bauer twig.

Any company that tries to put down or bash another or mention them in their advertising only looks like desperate chumps. Pepsi vs coke comes to mind. Pepsi always bashes coke in its ads, where coke always goes the route of our products make people happy, and have a good time and tastes great.

This is no different. Just makes warrior look like they have nothing to say except, hey! Bauer sucks! So since they suck, we are awsome.

Nice job warrior, I'll be picking up my 1x feb 13 whether or not it has the same type of release or name. Why? Because when you look at Instagram, videos, ect of the stick it's about what makes it a great stick, not how other sticks suck compared to it.

• Like 2

Any company that tries to put down or bash another or mention them in their advertising only looks like desperate chumps. Pepsi vs coke comes to mind. Pepsi always bashes coke in its ads, where coke always goes the route of our products make people happy, and have a good time and tastes great.

This is no different. Just makes warrior look like they have nothing to say except, hey! Bauer sucks! So since they suck, we are awsome.

Nice job warrior, I'll be picking up my 1x feb 13 whether or not it has the same type of release or name. Why? Because when you look at Instagram, videos, ect of the stick it's about what makes it a great stick, not how other sticks suck compared to it.

Funny. Marchand, who has used Warrior sticks this month, scored two with the 1X last night. That is all Bauer referenced and all they need to.

http://instagram.com/p/yizbZqJA3K/