Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

They're heat mold-able so I'd say they stack up more to Sole or Sidas footbeds. Bauer's marketing team is really good, with a name like "Speed Plate" every little kid will all of sudden care about foot beds and orthotics. I fully expect Bauer to come up with a cool new name for laces spun with kevlar or something. Lock Down Filament. Maybe Speed Strands.

https://secure.yoursole.com/us/mens/footbeds

Wow! Are those Speed Strands available for preorder yet?

• Like 1

Did I see correctly that they will offer a lie 6 and 5 p28 curve? I'm assuming the lie 6 will be the same lie as the e28/w28 easton/warrior patterns. Assuming the lie 5 will be lower than e28. Interesting.

I think I'm going to call hockey monkey and see if I can talk to somebody who's used E28/W28 and if they've compared it to the p28.

It's odd to me that it's listed as the exact same blade pattern as the p92. The p92 must have less rocker? I carry the puck with my hands a little bit lower, so I really prefer the lie that comes on the W28.

I current have APX2 skates and i find them slightly shallow. I am using yellow super feet in them and I am curious if a switch to the new bauer foot beds or the superfeet carbon would make a difference?

I think I'm going to call hockey monkey and see if I can talk to somebody who's used E28/W28 and if they've compared it to the p28.

It's odd to me that it's listed as the exact same blade pattern as the p92. The p92 must have less rocker? I carry the puck with my hands a little bit lower, so I really prefer the lie that comes on the W28.

The ones i saw in store today were lie 5 but my bauer has them as lie 6

Edited by BMcDonald19

1x was Meh for me. Prefer the mx3 for Pop.

It's very low kick at 102 flex I could hardly feel it load. Probably as im used to the mx3

I did like it on snaps but wristers I could probably go down a flex.

I'll give it a few games

I current have APX2 skates and i find them slightly shallow. I am using yellow super feet in them and I am curious if a switch to the new bauer foot beds or the superfeet carbon would make a difference?

Correct me if im wrong,but I dont think the different footbeds will make a difference. Bauer is putting a thinner tongue on the skate, so there might be a bit volume/depth in the skate.

I believe they go from 52 oz to a mix between 52 and 40 oz.

Edited by sifty

1x was Meh for me. Prefer the mx3 for Pop.

It's very low kick at 102 flex I could hardly feel it load. Probably as im used to the mx3

I did like it on snaps but wristers I could probably go down a flex.

I'll give it a few games

What's your height and weight? I am using 100 flex Warrior QR Pro, and feel it is too whippy for me. It was perfect when I first got it, but it has "broken in" a bit and now plays too soft. I am 6'2, 217 lbs. I am interested to grab a Vapor 1X potentially.

Correct me if im wrong,but I dont think the different footbeds will make a difference. Bauer is putting a thinner tongue on the skate, so there might be a bit volume/depth in the skate.

I believe they go from 52 oz to a mix between 52 and 40 oz.

maybe, I just know the heel lift in the superfeet yellow is designed for skates. I just assumed the carbon or the new speed plates maybe thinner

maybe, I just know the heel lift in the superfeet yellow is designed for skates. I just assumed the carbon or the new speed plates maybe thinner

Carbon are thinner from heel to toe. Speed Plate is thinner than yellow and probably in between yellow and carbon.

What's your height and weight? I am using 100 flex Warrior QR Pro, and feel it is too whippy for me. It was perfect when I first got it, but it has "broken in" a bit and now plays too soft. I am 6'2, 217 lbs. I am interested to grab a Vapor 1X potentially.

I'm 5,9 200 pounds.

I usually like a stiff mid kick always have. The apx2 I use a 102 aswell. But I wasn't loading the 1x well at 102 flex. I would love to try it again in 87 or 95 but of course that's expensive so I'll save it for another time.

Back to my mx3 for now.

The website is incorrect. The P28 is marked as a Lie 6 by Bauer. It only comes in one lie, per the cataloge

OK, there's some confusion here.

Look at page 30 and 49 of the catalogue. Page 30 shows the curves available in the 1X. P28 appears to be only available in one option.

Page 49, which is the curve chart, shows Lie 6 OR 5 available.

Well, I'm thoroughly confused then.

How can Bauer have conflicting information in their own catalogue. Mainly, I'm just trying to figure out if I can cross shop P28 with E28/W28 and PP92 (Sherwood).

I'm guessing the 1x will only be available with the Lie 6 variation of P28, while in general, P28 may come in lie 5 OR 6, in general.

Well, I'm thoroughly confused then.

How can Bauer have conflicting information in their own catalogue. Mainly, I'm just trying to figure out if I can cross shop P28 with E28/W28 and PP92 (Sherwood).

I'm guessing the 1x will only be available with the Lie 6 variation of P28, while in general, P28 may come in lie 5 OR 6, in general.[/quote

Everything I've read says it's the same as the E28 lie wise.

Edited by kovalchuk71

That's cause its a DUAL LIE!!!1!11!!1!!!! :facepalm:

Hahaha seriously though this is a lot of confusion from multiple sources. Maybe some official clarification would help

• Like 1

Just an update. Used my X800 again and really like it. The release is awesome. It plays whippier than a 77, so I am getting a

bit of torquing. I have also gained 30 lbs (the gym has its benefits) so I'm sure that has something to do with it.. I weigh 188 lbs. I still don't care for the blade at all, but I'm adjusting.

Edited by kovalchuk71

the P28 is a 5 lie just like the E28. i got the 1X on friday, P28 curve 77 flex its 5 lie and there was no 6 lie option so only 5 lie right now on retail. as far as how close the curve is to e28 or w28 its pretty much exactly the same i have a e28 V9E and a w28 QR1 and theres no real difference the w28 is slight diff in the dual lie but you can't tell when you shoot. so far i only played one game with the 1X scored a goal on a slap shot. clappers are actually very good for a very low kick. Ive been shooting and stick handling with the 1X on the backyard rink for last 3 days and i really like this stick i think its my new #1 and my beloved True A6.0 will move to #2 right now.

How would you rate the 1x compared to the QR1?

I have a QR1 and a DT4 and I've actually switched back to my DT4. I've found the QR1 to have really awesome balance and puck feel, but it's too pingy and stiff in the blade for my liking now. Probably because I need to work on my hands to soften them up, but I've found I pass and receive passes much better on my DT4. Could also be because my QR1 is in the Henrique curve, which is basically a Crosby/Hall clone, and I kind of prefer a lie 5 mid-toe a bit better.

How would you rate the 1x compared to the QR1?

I have a QR1 and a DT4 and I've actually switched back to my DT4. I've found the QR1 to have really awesome balance and puck feel, but it's too pingy and stiff in the blade for my liking now. Probably because I need to work on my hands to soften them up, but I've found I pass and receive passes much better on my DT4. Could also be because my QR1 is in the Henrique curve, which is basically a Crosby/Hall clone, and I kind of prefer a lie 5 mid-toe a bit better.

My shots are faster and more accurate with the 1X puck feel and passing is better with the 1X too the only thing the QR1 is a lil lighter pretty much not enough to factor but the durability of the QR1 wasn't great i had alotta paint chips after only 1 game with it. QR1 is great stick IMO 1X is just better.

• Like 1