Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

So I would update this with my extended X800 experience. I picked up an 87 flex and everything is MUCH, much better. I think part of the problem I was having with the blade was that the stick was whipping when I was stickhandling and catching passes (you can see the whip in the video I posted).

Everything is much crisper with the 87 flex. It's still not amazing, but it's acceptable. The stick shoots rockets and has a great release. I will continue to use them. You cannot beat this stick for $129. It's just not possible. However, I would advise you move up a flex when purchasing. I usually use 77's.

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

The website is incorrect. The P28 is marked as a Lie 6 by Bauer. It only comes in one lie, per the cataloge

The catalog is wrong indicating lie 5 & lie 6, but it is ONLY available in lie 5.

Also, the only difference in the P28 vs. the E28 is that "P28" has Bauer's "PureShot" blade profile on the top throat.

• Like 1

So I would update this with my extended X800 experience. I picked up an 87 flex and everything is MUCH, much better. I think part of the problem I was having with the blade was that the stick was whipping when I was stickhandling and catching passes (you can see the whip in the video I posted).

Everything is much crisper with the 87 flex. It's still not amazing, but it's acceptable. The stick shoots rockets and has a great release. I will continue to use them. You cannot beat this stick for $129. It's just not possible. However, I would advise you move up a flex when purchasing. I usually use 77's.

Are you using a p92 in that vid?

For those of you guys that have skated in the 1X, do you find them big? My last two pairs of skates have been 7.5D Supremes and I can touch the inside of the toe cap. Skated in the 1X (7.5D) and I can't even feather it.

Which insole do you use? Don't forget the normal insoles in APX2 and MX3 have wings on the that take up extra space in the toe cap. This could be taking up more volume at the front compared to the new speed plate. However, someone who has seen or tried both could probably comment with more concrete info.

For those of you guys that have skated in the 1X, do you find them big? My last two pairs of skates have been 7.5D Supremes and I can touch the inside of the toe cap. Skated in the 1X (7.5D) and I can't even feather it.

Which insole do you use? Don't forget the normal insoles in APX2 and MX3 have wings on the that take up extra space in the toe cap. This could be taking up more volume at the front compared to the new speed plate. However, someone who has seen or tried both could probably comment with more concrete info.

Never had the wings in my footbeds. Used the stock one with my original TO and I later went to a custom Graf/Sidas footbed which I carried over to my NXG.

When I stand on the Speedplate footbed, my toes go all the way to the end. My toes don't touch the end. I put the same Speedplate into my Supremes and my toes can still feather the front.

Order now complete!

Two weeks until I get my hands on a pair of Vapour 1X skates in a 7D. Can't wait to share my detailed experience with you guys.

I'm coming from a 7D TotalOne NXG and I can't wait to have the extra volume, raised heel, taller steel, speed plate and weight reduction. I'm also looking forward to loosing the Bunga LaceBite pads and protection as my NXG's after 14 months have begun to cause serious LB issues.

Excited!

For those of you who have used the 1X, what other sticks are comparable in terms of puck feel. I think I have a somewhat unique preference in terms of what I like...to give you an idea my two favorite sticks for puck handling are the Ribcor 40K and V9E...

How does the 1X feel in comparison to those? Any other sticks it's similar to, feel wise?

There is a new MX3 girdle as well, and the lines are still being blurred - the MX3 looks more like an actual pant, especially once it's paired with the shell, which goes as far as to have a molded belt. Continuing with the PoronXRD which was in the spine pad of the NXG, the MX3 now has more protection - with the addition of Vent Armor. The kidney padding has a bit more flare than on the NXG - it goes full up to the edge; whereas on the NXG it would stop at the kidney and then have a smaller piece of foam to round off the top.

The MX3 girdle (and the 1X shaft/ blade combo) is what I am most interested in. Anyone have a chance to try this on, and can comment?

Edited by Cosmic

I had the opportunity to try on a pair of MX3 gloves today, (anxiously waiting to upgrade from my much loved NXG's).

They felt very similar which was to be expected and the colour scheme and design look unreal however the thumb seems to be longer than the NXG which really threw me off purchasing.

I'm not sure if it's just me who's noticed this? Going back to a fresh pair of NXG's for now.

Hey JDub,

I want to pick a pair of the speed plates for my MX3's. Do you know if Bauer is going to sell them as accessory? Are the LS4 runners going to be available for purchase as well on the 24th of April when the 1X's come out.

Thanks

Jared

SpeedPlate is being pushed back for accessory release until April, 2016. They will still come with 1X skates.

Sounds like might be production capacity issues if unable to sell separately until 2016. Bummed, I liked it when I tried at the Bauer Experience.