Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hey JDub,

I want to pick a pair of the speed plates for my MX3's. Do you know if Bauer is going to sell them as accessory? Are the LS4 runners going to be available for purchase as well on the 24th of April when the 1X's come out.

Thanks

Jared

Don't think anyone answered the LS4 runners being available for purchase on 4/24. Still looking for an answer for this, as I don't see anyone putting up pre-orders either. I'm in dire need of steel, but am waiting for LS4. If they're not selling it by itself, I would want to bite the bullet, and just order some LS3's right now.

from what i heard they were always gonna be released on there own in 2016. releasing them anytime close to when the 1Xs come out would be a huge mistake for them people would wait the extra few months and just buy the plates and the LS4 and throw them in there APX2s instead of buying the new skate even though the new boot has a lot of upgrades too. Im sure they may pop up on ebay every once in awhile in the meantime.

Quick question this is similar to the superfeet thread but the speed plate has a little bit of play it can move about an 1/8 of an inch front and back and even when I'm laced up I can move the insole slightly with my toes if I try to, I haven't noticed them moving while playing so it's proba a non issue but im just curious as to why they are like that?

Do the new MX3 gloves fit more like the NXG, or more like the old TotalOne? I loved the Supreme line up until they released the NXG and then the fit changed completely.

Any idea why Bauer's warranty on skate steel has been reduced from 1 year to just 90 days?

Profit motive, profit margins, & figuring no one would notice?

Guys, don't kill me for asking because I searched all over the place to try to find this answer.. But why is the new LS4 steel a 10ft radius? I know LS3 was 10', but why put a 10ft on the Vapor? Is there a very noticeable difference skating on 10' as opposed to 9'? I've only ever used 9' myself.

There is no correct answer to the "noticeable difference" question. For some guys they won't feel a thing and other guys can feel when there is only the slightest variation in their radius.

Alright. Since I switch between roller and ice all the time, I probably wouldn't notice a huge difference if I got a 10'.

I'll be keeping my eye out for the speed plates to be sold stand alone soon though, seems very promising as a footbed.

I'm small, so I wear junior gloves. I ordered a pair of MX3 gloves to try out because my TotalOne gloves are wearing out. The cuff seems similar in mobility. The one big difference is the MX3 is huge. I had to go down 1 inch in size so that the MX3 cuff didn't interfere with my elbow pads. And whatever outer protection they have on the MX3 makes the glove look gigantic compared to the old TotalOne. Finally, I feel like the palm is slightly bigger on the MX3 (even after going down 1 inch in size) compared to the TotalOne. My fingers are spread a little wider in the MX3. Overall, the MX3 seems like a nice glove, but to really compare to the TotalOne, I would need to play in it for a while and break it in.

I also tried the CCM 28K gloves (no 30K in junior size) and they seemed very nice, too. I would say they fit better for me than the MX3, but this is with no break-in.

I'm not a glove expert or stickhandling wizard, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. But hope this helps.

Do the new MX3 gloves fit more like the NXG, or more like the old TotalOne? I loved the Supreme line up until they released the NXG and then the fit changed completely.

Question about the 2015 protective... did Bauer ditch the F-One shell technology? What is the deal with the shin shell of the MX3? Don't see anything in any of the writeups concerning this, most of the supreme stuff seems to have just added Flex Orb and 37.5. Previous years usually have beefed up protection with some % of reduction in weight or % of added impact protection (ie - F-One Shell = "25% greater energy absorption and a 15% weight reduction over traditional HDPE shells"). Did they downgrade the shells? Upgrade? Was F-One technology faulty? Or is it still there and just not mentioned in the catalog?

Looking into grabbing some high-end shins, considering old stock NXG (with the F-One shell), MX3s, and perhaps APX2s. Just looking for the most protective as I'm getting old and sick of getting dinged up.

Edited by gerbe3:16

APX2s are no where close to most protective IMO. Most comprehensive (shell wrapping around the shin/ calf/ lower leg, as opposed to just covering the shin bone itself) coverage will be Bauer Nexus, Reebok 20K or CCM Tacks. It is hard to say which will give you the best head on protection, without standing in front of a slap shot machine.

I noticed the strangest thing at my LHS yesterday with the Tuuk Edge holders. I was looking at the 1X and saw the Tuuk logo along with the arrow thing, and then I saw every other skate, x900 all the way down had the Tuuk logo but it was a smaller font size. No I wasn't just seeing things I compared and stared for about a straight 5 minutes haha. Could there be a method to this madness I'm witnessing???