Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sturdy22

SUPREME 190 SKATE

Im looking at picking up a pair of these, I've have already sized them and i know they fit. For those that have worn or currently wear them what are your thoughts? i don't see a ton of difference between the MX3 and the 190 other than the tongue inserts.

Ive been wearing NIKE Quest 1s and 2s for the last 12 years and my last pair is finally finished.

MX3 also has:

Injected lacing system

Hydro Max 2 liner

High use wear pads on the inner top of the liner

Ergo toe footbed

Fusion steel

If they fit get them. I have now gone with both the 1 step below the highest end skate One100 and now the One.9 and have been extremely happy. Im not a fan of the flex tongue and have found this skate to be just as good in most every way for the cost difference.

With this skate the only thing I think I would miss would be the new lacing system. The others personally make no big difference to me.

I'm a heavier guy so I would go to LS3 stainless steel rather than the Fusion and ALWAYS use Superfeet insoles..

If they fit get them. I have now gone with both the 1 step below the highest end skate One100 and now the One.9 and have been extremely happy. Im not a fan of the flex tongue and have found this skate to be just as good in most every way for the cost difference.

With this skate the only thing I think I would miss would be the new lacing system. The others personally make no big difference to me.

I'm a heavier guy so I would go to LS3 stainless steel rather than the Fusion and ALWAYS use Superfeet insoles..

thanks for the input. I'm a heavier skater also at 200+ and i have zero interest in the flex tongue. my biggest concern was the overall stiffness of the skate.

I have 190s, and while I wish I had the lacing system of the MX3, these are great skates. The LS3 steel is great (if you haven't used it before, it took me a couple skates to get used to). I don't miss anything else the MX3 offers.

When I went to my LHS to get new skates, I tried on just about everything. The 190 fit the best, better than the MX3, the 180, Nexus 8000, CCM Tacks, and others. Like you, I was going from old skates (about 8 or 9 year old Reeboks from when they first launched). They are significant upgrades from the old skates.

I've had mine since around August. I play two to three times a week as well as coach my son's Mite team on the weekends. I'm not incredibly hard on skates, but they are holding up well, just some of the usual scrapes and scuffs. Great skates, I'm happy with my purchase.

Sturdy22,

These skates will be stiff enough for you. One good bake and you'll be happy as can be, Just an FYI. If you go with the Superfeet insoles be sure to have them with you when you bake your skates so you can put them in when you put your foot in to mold it.

thanks for the help guys. i was 90% sure i was going to get the 190s but after wearing 5 pairs of the same skate over the last12 years, i was was getting cold feet.

The LS3 steel is great (if you haven't used it before, it took me a couple skates to get used to).

what about the LS3 steel took getting used to? I'm about to buy some for my One.9s.

what about the LS3 steel took getting used to? I'm about to buy some for my One.9s.

For me, they are a little taller and it just took a couple of times out to get used to turning with the taller blade. I think there are threads here that mention it being a little better steel, similar to Step Steel.

it also has a 10' radius compared to 9' on the LS2. I love my 190s. I tried on the MX3s and these just fit me better and for $150 less you're getting more or less the same boot with a few different features.

For me, they are a little taller and it just took a couple of times out to get used to turning with the taller blade. I think there are threads here that mention it being a little better steel, similar to Step Steel.

Yeah I have been searching all morning comparing Step and LS3, unfortunately LS3 is too small of a search term to use on the site so I'm doing the google search workaround and just going back over the forum page by page.

Most of what I'm seeing is saying that Step is the superior steel, some mentioning that they think LS3 is an improvement over LS2 and going more towards the quality of step, but I haven't finished doing the research yet. I swear I saw a huge thread in the past comparing the two, but I haven't found it yet. From what I've read so far (a bunch of smaller threads) the general consensus is that Step better than LS3, with a few claiming that LS3 is just as good as Step.

it also has a 10' radius compared to 9' on the LS2. I love my 190s. I tried on the MX3s and these just fit me better and for $150 less you're getting more or less the same boot with a few different features.

That was another thing, I forgot to mention the radius.

Yeah I have been searching all morning comparing Step and LS3, unfortunately LS3 is too small of a search term to use on the site so I'm doing the google search workaround and just going back over the forum page by page.

Most of what I'm seeing is saying that Step is the superior steel, some mentioning that they think LS3 is an improvement over LS2 and going more towards the quality of step, but I haven't finished doing the research yet. I swear I saw a huge thread in the past comparing the two, but I haven't found it yet. From what I've read so far (a bunch of smaller threads) the general consensus is that Step better than LS3, with a few claiming that LS3 is just as good as Step.

In my case with the 190s, it has the LS Edge holder, so I don't believe Step makes any steel for that holder. Otherwise, you are correct, the majority of threads I found say Step is better steel than the LS3.

Having used all three at one point, step seems to hold an edge longer and it chips less than LS3. LS3 is better quality steel than Ls2 and sharpens better but I could go longer between sharpens on step steel.

I prefer step steel but if you find a good deal on LS3 it's still much better than the ls2.

I thought you couldn't get step steel with the new ls edge holders yet? That might limit you to the LS3

That was another thing, I forgot to mention the radius.

In my case with the 190s, it has the LS Edge holder, so I don't believe Step makes any steel for that holder. Otherwise, you are correct, the majority of threads I found say Step is better steel than the LS3.

Yep that's what I'm seeing. I haven't found that "master thread" i thought I saw before, but continued reading has continued to confirm Step as being mostly better than, in some opinions equal to, LS3 steel. Now trying to decide Step vs Step Velocity vs Step BlackSteel vs BlackEdge perhaps (whatever I get needs to be available at TH as I have a gift card that I'm using towards this). Whatever I get I'll have to have profiled most likely as I currently skate on pretty much a 7 or maybe 8' radius, 9' felt longer than my liking but that was going on 7-8 years ago now and I'm on completely different skates, now, etc. Is step 9' like LS2 or is it 10' like LS3?

I feel like I'm hijacking this guys thread now. Sorry OP.

edit: found the big thread I was sure existed. reading the entire thing now so i can stop clogging up OP's post.

great skate. I went to 190s from the x100 and its a world of difference for me. I wore vapors forever but the x100 just were blah. the supes are very nice.

I profiled the blades though as whatever it comes with ( im not export on radius ) was impossible to get used to and I was tripping and catching blade all over the place.

I've just received 190's to take over from One 100's and first impressions are very good. My primary reason for not going Total One was I didn't think the adjustable Tongue was necessary and five years later still don't. The metatarsal guard on the tongue on the One 100's has broken down over time so the enhanced tongue on 190's is the most welcome upgrade. Having replaced ls 2.1 for 2 last summer I've had no difficulty getting used to the ls3 but as a user of green superfeet I did feel a bit back on my heel in the new skates so I will be using superfeet again as the feel is near identical. I pondered the lacing system on the MX3 and again felt it wasn't essential though interestingly the Bauer laces look lovely but cannot get tight enough at points for the heel lock I'm used to, so waxed laces are going in soon. If the MX3 floats your boat then do it, but one step down is an awesome skate with superb durability, save the money. I skate/play 2/3 times a week so have put 700 hours plus on the One 100's, replaced the steel and eyelets last summer but the are still awesome, expect the same from the 190's and I always chuckle at the guys changing mid range skates every couple of years because they fall to bits.

I think I recommend them.....

Update.

so Ive been on the 190s for about 3 weeks now, 3-4 times a week. skates are great but I'm getting some rubbing above my ankle and i can't get over the feeling that I'm back on my heels. i have two sets of edge steel, LS2 and LS3, that are profiled at +4. I have all my steel profiled by the same guy so i know that its consistent. is this a supreme boot design?

I have been on several pairs of NIKE Quest 1s over the last 10 years and most recently installed edge holders on a pair. the profiling has never been a problem.

I can't speak for the Quests, but the Supreme boot is a very neutral stance. It make take more time and tweaking before you feel comfortable.