Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris1056

Choice between 3 pairs of used skates. Which are better?

Hello! I have just recently joined and I hope I am posting in the correct spot.

I am currently looking for cheap used skates as I am a student and don't have a lot of money. I am currently looking at CCM 1152 Custom Tacks at $40 CAD:Q5bYN5g.png

Ep6ik9W.png

OR CCM 232's at $45ish CAD. No pictures but only worn twice.

OR CCM? Intruder 255s at $40 CAD. No pictures but only worn twice.

Could anybody let me know if any type is significantly better than the others?

I really appreciate your help!

Edit: I was planning on going with the 1152's solely because I couldn't find anything on the others using Google... So not a very informed decision, haha.

I would just try to find the best fitting of those three at that pricerange.

They are old models, and oldschool tech, so you dont need to consern about those thing.

Find the skate that fits best, but I'd avoid the Intruders at all costs. The 1152s used to be the top of the line skate and might even be too stiff for a beginner. Of those three, they're probably the best buy and a bargain at $45.

ccm 232s are walmart type skates too, or at least bottom of the line "not really hockey skates but more of a recreational skate for the guy who goes to open skate once a year with his girlfriend" type of skates. so, the 1152s are the best skates you mentioned, by a million miles. but that doesn't mean you should buy those, necessarily. only get them if they fit you comfortably. if they aren't comfortable you're not going to want to skate. i have had lots of luck with used skates so keep looking if those don't feel good on your feet. i've scored some asinine deals on used skates (currently wear a pair of lightly used one.9s that I got for $35, found them while i was debating pulling the trigger on brand new one.9s on clearance for $459 or whatever they were, also got a pair of almost new Graf G35s the same day for $45, etc).

if the 1152s feel comfortable, snap them up. they are a good (albeit older) skate. the others are not.