Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GWood117

"Junior League" a Russian TV series on Hulu

hi , newb here. I just found a show on Hulu called "Junior League" you guys might like, sort of a Russian Dawsons Creek or Friday Night Lights. At least I think so - I don't speak Russian, so , really, I have no idea what's going on. Also it appears that everyone in Russia is white, of medium build and height, and there is some law that you must wear either a caged hockey helmet or knit cap at all times ... coupling that with self-diagnosed "face blindness", I'm pretty lost on the characters)

Episode 1 had English subtitles in the first and last thirds of the show, with some kind of funny translations along the lines of "we are making passing that is good, is that correct, Sergei?". The subtitles inexplicably dropped off during a couple of scenes in the middle. I think it would be really funny to grab some buds and some brews and give the whole show the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment.

I must say the hockey in episode 1 was really good for a TV show.

Also there is the Russian concept of cheerleaders at hockey games, which I do not hate. Those crazy Ruskies are always revolutionizing the game! One of the cheerleaders in the show appears to exhibit a rather relaxed attitude toward Victorian morality. Which I find appealing.