Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bbd94

Skate dilemma

Hey all,

So I have a bit trouble here with my Vaper x 70 I bought last year. It's currently giving me heel lock issues on only my right skate (the left skate is perfectly fine and snug).

I've been playing with them around once a week. Only in the recent past couple months have they been starting to aggravate me. I'm getting bad blisters on my right heel and the heel is too narrow. I feel like I get a good heel lock and then as I'm skating it kind of "pinches" my foot out of the heel.

The problem is I'm just realizing now that my skate is one size too big. I fit a 8 or 8 and a half shoe and am wearing an 8 skate. I like the snugness with an 8 vapor even though it's too big? Would this mean more of the lines of Supreme or Reebok would fit me better in the correct size? (Trying on in store)

Is it possible that my heel lock issues are because I'm skating in a too large of a skate, or do you assume it's just the Vapor line?

Too big skate is more likely to be looser than the correct size.

Vapor line is Bauer's most snug line...

This is fast guide to see what skate would be Ok to you.

bauerskatefitchart-small.jpg

Here is another one:

hockey-skate-fit-comparison.jpg

I fit a 8 or 8 and a half shoe and am wearing an 8 skate. I like the snugness with an 8 vapor even though it's too big? Would this mean more of the lines of Supreme or Reebok would fit me better in the correct size? (Trying on in store)

There's your problem right there. An 8 in a Bauer skate is a size 10 shoe. You'll probably want a 6 or 6.5 skate. You can start with a D-width in the Vapor, but if you feel it's too snug width-wise, then move up to an EE and drop down to a 6, then go from there.

Ideally, you'll want the toes to brush up against the end of the toecap, where when you stand up your toes are not crushed, not squeezed nor do they have a ton of room where you find that you can slide back and forth a lot.

There's your problem right there. An 8 in a Bauer skate is a size 10 shoe. You'll probably want a 6 or 6.5 skate. You can start with a D-width in the Vapor, but if you feel it's too snug width-wise, then move up to an EE and drop down to a 6, then go from there.

Ideally, you'll want the toes to brush up against the end of the toecap, where when you stand up your toes are not crushed, not squeezed nor do they have a ton of room where you find that you can slide back and forth a lot.

Hes right. I did not read your post carefully. You are wearing waaaayy too big skates. Here is sizechart to bauer.

But remember, do not trust this blind. Go and try the skates on, dont order online before you know the right size and last (D or E or even EE)

skates-bauer119.png

Too big skate is more likely to be looser than the correct size.

Vapor line is Bauer's most snug line...

This is fast guide to see what skate would be Ok to you.

bauerskatefitchart-small.jpg

Here is another one:

hockey-skate-fit-comparison.jpg

Im probably leaning towards Supreme if the heel is more rounded. It's almost like my right ankle is skinnier in the tendon than my left...

If you or anyone else can answer, will I feel a huge jump in stiffness from the Vapor x 70 to say Supreme 180?

The 170 is at a lower price point and therefore I'm just afraid it'll be too soft. Want to get an idea what is closest to the x 70 stiffness (or a little more stiff). I assume I'll break them in faster when I'm not constantly retying on the bench because of foot pain

How big you are and are you advanced skater? If you are big and powerful skater you should go 180.

If you arent huge like me (190cm 95kg) I skate with supreme one.6 (i think its same line as 160?)

I have Graf 706 (too soft) Mission Fuel 120XP ( same as One.6) and Bauer supreme 8000 ( oldschool and very stiff)

I'm in the US but I'm 5'8 and 165 lbs. Usually play once a week but I'm a pretty intermediate skater. The x70s I have now could be a little more stiff and I wouldn't mind but definitely don't want anything less.

And trying these out in store. Not LHS though since they were dumbfounded when I asked them if punching would do anything. Have to stick with TH for now

You better try some skates with really snug heel lock. Like some mission or graf. I have the same problem as you, and I'm still looking for perfect fit. You can try stable26 socks. That might be a good (not so pricey) way out.