Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caseyjones

Discoloration on older skates

Weird question, but does anyone have tips on how to restore color to older skates that discolor simply from exposure? I just bought a like new pair of bauer supreme 7000s but one skate shows slight yellowing on the white portions of the boot. Simple answer is bleach but it doesnt work very well when you dont submerge something in it. Has anyone had success with restoring the original color?

Bathroom cream cleaner with bleach applied with a toothbrush.

It works and you can control the application with the toothbrush.

Thanks. I originally tried tilex but was using a paper towel. Ill give the toothbrush a try. Any idea if it will bleach the black rubbery parts if it gets on it? ie: the heel of a bauer supreme has black dashes designed into the larger white portion)

Lets go Islanders!

How'd it go??

I tried it on an old pair of Bauer RH5000's. I didnt seem to help much. i let it puddle up on the standard Bauer logo on the outside of the skate and it didnt do much in terms of removing the yellow fade. I basically wound up ruining those skates because i got creative with using Protectoe on the outsole and used nail polish remover to take off the graphics lol. Its safe to say they will probably be going in the garbage now. I most likely would have never used them again anyway.

Once my skates start to fade, I simply "sharpie" (Europeans have "Edding" pens) them completely black (did so with x:60 and APX), it requires a touch-up every few months though.