Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seedubxj

Big feet, looking for options...

Hey guys. Going to start playing again after a few years. Looking to get new ice and roller skates.

I wear a shoe size of 14.5.

Currently I have an older pair of RBK 7K inline skates, size 13. They fit well but have seen better days.

I've searched the net a bit and cannot find anywhere that give an indication of size 13+ being available from any brand, ice or roller.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in the US if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Customs would probably Be able to suit you, maybe someone else with more knowledge knows of some retail skates that big. Or if you have to, you could just cut off some if your toes, lol.

Bauer Vapor X80 (and the soon to be released X700) skates will go up to a size 15.0E. The Supreme 180 goes up to a 14.0EE I believe.

The Bauer Vapor X80s are available on Hockey Monkey and a couple other sites in a 13 E. The vapors are normally more of a v-cut compared to your reeboks which fit more like the Bauer Nexus, but the width E might help with that.

IMO, the sizing for skates has changed, but the sizing charts on most sites never caught up. e.g., I wear a size 11 shoe and fit in 9.5 skates from ~01-04 (what the sizing chart puts me in). I fit in size 9 skate from 09-10 onward. Just looking at my new supremes versus older Tacks, it looks like the heel cup extends further behind the outsole in the new skates than on the old.

Yeah I agree with above guy. In my experience they fit even smaller than 2 sizes below shoe size. I wear 10.5 shoes most of times, occasionally 10. I just bought new supremes size 7.5. A lot of people buy skates that are way bigger than they should be wearing based on the whole "1.5 sizes below shoe size" thing. Not to mention not all shoes have the same sizing. I wouldn't follow that at all. If you're buying skates with too much room in the front you're not gonna be skating at your full potential. Also don't judge the skates solely on the first time you put them on. With the moldability of skates you start to feel more length as you wear them. You definitely get more length as you bake them but even just keeping the skates on for 10-15 minutes in store you'll start to feel them feeling a lot better. If you wear size 14.5, don't just immediately go for size 13. Don't be afraid to try about an 11.5-12 and walking around in them in store for about 15 mins. I swear you'll see that you actually start to get more room at the front as your heel molds back. When I first tried the 7.5 on as recommended by the guy at the LHS I immediately thought they were for sure too small. He told me to leave the left one and try some others on my right foot. Couldn't believe how much better they started to feel. Been using them for a couple weeks now and they're great.

Before you go too crazy, I'd find a reputable shop with a few options in size 12 you could try on. Bauer offers a mid-upper model skate every year up to size 15, they are usually in stock, but rarely found in a shop inventory.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. The issue is that I don't have a decent LHS within 2+ hours of me. Guess I'll need to take a drive to San Jose and try a few pairs on. Cheers!

Graf has "oversize" model too...

This is an screencap from finnish grafdealer catalogue

2pycac3.jpg

GRAF 303 OVERSIZE

GRAF SKATES TO BIG FEET

HOLDER : COBRA 2000

SIZES 13, 14, 15, 16

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. The issue is that I don't have a decent LHS within 2+ hours of me. Guess I'll need to take a drive to San Jose and try a few pairs on. Cheers!

You could do what I did. I have flat feet and so I had to try on multiple types of skates to find a pair that fit. Ice Warehouse has this thing called the IWin membership, where if you buy something from the IWin collection (http://www.icewarehouse.com/iwin.html), you will be part of their "membership" program and they will give you free return shipping on skates that don't fit. I just bought blade covers because I needed them anyway. I got a pair of Supremes and they didn't fit, so I bought a pair of Nexus, and called them up and they gave me the shipping label, and I shipped the Supremes back for free. If you decide to do this, make sure you do not select the free 2 day shipping, because if you do they will not give you the free return shipping if the skates don't fit.

I strongly suggest that you do that, it will be worth the time and gas. Most people that wear your size shoe are surprised at how small their skates are after being properly fitted. I always suggest trying another size smaller if you think a pair fits and feels good, as often as not, that smaller size will fit even better. If you order online, even with a free return, you really don't have the ability to do that. One other thing to keep in mind is to note where the pressure points are when you try on a skate. You may need a wider fit on a smaller size, and not a larger size.