Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doglet

Best wheels for tight turns

Hey guys, first post here.

I play on a fairly small rink (the JCC in Michigan), which means I'm turning more often and lose speed on the turns. I'm currently skating on Hornet Splits. What wheels do you reccommend I switch to, in order to maintain speed on fast turns?

Thanks

A lot depends on the surface, sports court, wood, urethane, polished concrete etc? I've used all of the top end wheels and would rate RR Krysis as the best out there at the moment for sports courts.

I've had a lot of success with Revision Variant and Labeda Addiction wheels. I liked the Hornet Splits that had come on my Missions but when it came time to replace them I tried something different. I'm about 170 and I use the soft Red Variants for the outside, or toe and heel, wheels and the soft addictions for the middle 2. I'm not sure how experienced or skilled you are but if all else fails work on some techniques. I get real low when I make tight turns, like going around the net or coming out of the corner. Hope that helps!

Rink Rat Split or Rink Rat Identity Krysis. These two are the only wheels I skate on. Something happened to the Addictions after the 1st generation of them which made them unusable for me. I don't know what it is, but they don't grip nearly as well as those 1st gens did. I've tried multiple sets, so I know it wasn't the batch.

Rink Rat Split or Rink Rat Identity Krysis. These two are the only wheels I skate on. Something happened to the Addictions after the 1st generation of them which made them unusable for me. I don't know what it is, but they don't grip nearly as well as those 1st gens did. I've tried multiple sets, so I know it wasn't the batch.

I heard some people say that about the splits when they went from the old black hub to the new white hub(still say theyre a good wheel though), it intrigues my interest on what these companies do different that makes these (sometimes drastic) changes to how they perform. Nonetheless the RR's I have had have been stellar and the Revisions I've used are great.....for the first month and a half

I have been using the identity krysis wheels and have been impressed with them. I think the Revision steels are for a heavier player (220+).

I picked up some Identity Krysis wheels and have played a few games so far (as mentioned in OP, I was previously using Hornet Splits). I'm not sure they're worth the beaucoup bucks yet. I suppose if they last a long time, that's going to make the difference.