Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpresidente99

New to new Sticks need advice

After a bad injury i starting to get back on ice again. In my two years of abstinence i gave all my sticks away to my relatives and friends.

Now i can't believe it i'm out of sticks. My favorite stick in the past was the EASTON SE16 grip.

After that i tried a lot of sticks and my favorite for my style of shots i take was the Vapor X:60. Unfortunately this stick lagged in feel. I ended up with the Bauer TOTAL ONE because of its superb feel but it never fits my style of play.

It was very good no question but 90% of my shots are quick wrist shots. No time for taking big slappers but in practice and it made me sneer on slappers and one timers.

So are there sticks out there with the pop or more pop of the x:60 and the feel of the total one.

Usually I play flex 100 and due to my not really fit body at the moment it is hard to get the stick flex all the time. Is there much difference between 95 and 102 in bauer sticks. I don't want to go flex 87 it never felt right in the past.

I'm not in in buying new skates but the nexus 8000 make me wanting it so bad. Now i have APX skates and the fit good not perfect but good so what is the main difference in fit between the nexus skates and the apx. The Apx toe box is perfect size for me the boot could have a little bit more volume. I don't pass the pencil test by a mile, but had never had any problems with lace bite or something else.

I'm back in gear hoing

with a little help from my friends :)

Maybe try the Nexus, it's a softer midkick than the Total One and a softer feeling blade than the Vapors.

For Eastons the V9 is a distant relative of the SE16.

The problem you're going to have is that most low-kick sticks have a very stiff blade with the idea being it'll help you to get the shot off quickly. RibCor, APX2, Covert QR, STX Surgeon all fit this mold. I have not personally used the EK15, but it's gotten good reviews overall and the comments on puck feel and pop have been pretty positive, so might be a good pick if you're set on a low-kick stick.

I do know that the T90 and T100 both had good blade feel, and last generation were available in LKP (low kickpoint) models. The new versions of both sticks are significantly lighter, but Sherwood seems to have simplified their lineup and eliminated the LKP models on the T90/100/120 to make that their mid-kick line and make Rekker EK the low-kick line. I could be wrong on this, it's just what I'm picking up from the website and catalog.