Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCATMAN

CCM/REEBOK Euro to USA Blade Chart Conversion

CCM Euro to USA/North American blade chart conversion

What started as curiosity has turned into a minor obsession! The euro patterns use a different numbering system and are definitely different to what is on offer in the States from CCM/Reebok. Lies all seem different too. This list is all best effort and based on available information from various websites and personal experience. There only seem to be 5 main offerings for the euro customers made up of the most popular curves. My personal favourite is the BP29, I'm keen to try a BP25 soon.

***Updated 04/05/2016***

CCM/Reebok Euro Conversion Chart V1.2

BP6 - mid heel - open face - 6 lie - long length blade - Similar to: CCM P15 (USA), Bauer P91A, Easton E6

BP19 - mid curve - open face - 6 lie - medium length blade - Similar to: P19 Crosby/Nugent-Hopkins, Easton E3/Hall/Sakic

BP25 - toe curve - open face - 6 lie - long length blade - Similar to: Bauer P28, Easton E28, Warrior W28, Pro stock Kreps, True TC4

BP29 - mid-toe curve - open face - 6 lie - medium length blade - Similar to: Bauer P92, CCM P29, True TC2, CCM H11A

BP40 - mid curve - semi-open face - 6 lie - medium length blade - Similar to CCM P40/Hossa, Bauer P88, True MC

Feel free to add input/updates in the comments and I will update the OP to reflect. Also happy to stand corrected on anything outlined above.

Sources:

http://www.tinghockey.com/bladmodeller

http://www.create-sports.com/shop/bends.php

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/

http://www.monkeysports.se/en/hockey

Big shout outs to contributors:

JSK81

pjaj10

2015 Blade patterns (current)

Reebok-CCM-2015.jpg

2014 Blade patterns (old)

CCM-Reebok-Curve-Pattern.jpg

2014 Blade patterns (old)

Reebok-CCM1.jpg

P5 is a Lidstrom clone.

P6 = Drury

P19 = Crosby/Nugent-Hopkins

P20 = Similar to e28/w28 but with less mid and more toe

P29 = P92, a bit less open

Hi all, the lie on the bp20 is 6 it is pretty similar to E28 with less rocker and a bit more toe

MÄRKE NR/NAMN LIE CURVE FACE TOE LENGTH SNARLIKA BILD CCM/Reebok BP5 6 Heel Open Square Long E5, P02, Lidstrom camera.png CCM/Reebok BP6 6 Mid-heel Open Round Medium E6, P91A, Kovalev camera.png CCM/Reebok BP10 5 Heel Open Round Medium camera.png CCM/Reebok BP11 5 Mid Open Round Medium P106 camera.png CCM/Reebok BP19 6 Mid-heel Open Round Medium camera.png CCM/Reebok BP20 6 Toe Open Round Medium camera.png CCM/Reebok BP29 6 Mid-heel Open Round Medium E3, P92, Kopitar camera.png CCM/Reebok BP34 6 Mid-heel Open Round Medium E4, PM9, Zetterberg camera.png

http://www.tinghockey.com/bladmodeller

OP updated.

From what I can tell I would agree that the BP20 is the same as E28 with a more open face, similar to the open face on the W28. I am a definite fan of BP29 which (as it turns out) shares a lot of similarities with Bauers P14.

First of all, W28 is a clone of E28. P20 is a same type of curve, but with less mid toe - it has just a bit longer straight portion before the toe kink. It is NOT more open than E28/W28. It is also VERY different from P92.

Secondly, P29 is the P92 equivalent (P19 is much shallower and in my opinion a heel curve). P29 is a bit less open and has a tad less toe than the P92. It is not as deep as the P46 Landeskog. I wouldn't say it's very close to P14 either with a much longer blade and less open toe. You could almost describe it like a mix of P88 and P92.

P46 Landeskog is the only pattern of these that I haven't either owned or used (seen in person though).

First of all, W28 is a clone of E28. P20 is a same type of curve, but with less mid toe - it has just a bit longer straight portion before the toe kink. It is NOT more open than E28/W28. It is also VERY different from P92.

Secondly, P29 is the P92 equivalent (P19 is much shallower and in my opinion a heel curve). P29 is a bit less open and has a tad less toe than the P92. It is not as deep as the P46 Landeskog. I wouldn't say it's very close to P14 either with a much longer blade and less open toe. You could almost describe it like a mix of P88 and P92.

P46 Landeskog is the only pattern of these that I haven't either owned or used (seen in person though).

Yep I agree. I picked up a TACKS stick with the P29 initially thinking it would have been a mid-toe curve but when it turned up I noticed it looked almost exactly the same as an old Sakic (E3) I have. It is definitely a bit deeper and Id argue the same/possibly a little more open in the face. The difference would be negligible though.

I got a little caught out with the initial post as it seems Bauer is in the process of changing the P92 from "Backstrom" to "Ovechkin". I have associated Backstrom with a cretin curve and Ovechkin with another for years... My apologies, all fixed up now :p

Also I have removed the P46 Landsekog and the P38 Datsyuk curves from the table as I couldn't find comparable blades. The BP5 is the closest to the Datsyuk pattern but it is a long blade heel curve like the Getzlaf (the Datsyuk is medium length mid-heel curve)

Sorry to bump an old topic but has anyone used that P20 curve and could compare it to a pro stock hossa curve or the base bc01? In some pictures it looks similar but I can't be certain that its exactly the same or not. To me it looks like a hybrid of the P28 and the BC01 hossa.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, S'land9.16.7 said:

Sorry to bump an old topic but has anyone used that P20 curve and could compare it to a pro stock hossa curve or the base bc01? In some pictures it looks similar but I can't be certain that its exactly the same or not. To me it looks like a hybrid of the P28 and the BC01 hossa.

Heya! The P20 has been discontinued and replaced with the P25 which is essentially a P28. Apparently the P25 blade is a bit taller and longer than a P28 however I cannot confirm this as I haven't seen them in person.

On 4.5.2016 at 5:10 AM, SCATMAN said:

Heya! The P20 has been discontinued and replaced with the P25 which is essentially a P28. Apparently the P25 blade is a bit taller and longer than a P28 however I cannot confirm this as I haven't seen them in person.

Did you have the chance to compare the p25 and p28? How similar are they?

Hockeymonkey eu has some ribcore sticks on sale, but I want a p28 curve. Wondering if the p25 will work.