Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggzy

Bauer Supreme Total One MX3 digging in to ankle.

Hey guys,

I recently decided to get my first pair ever of high end skates and need some suggestions.

They are great overall, very light and comfortable. The only problem I'm having is the top part of the boot is digging into the upper part of my ankle and rubbing the skin raw. I believe it's the part where they added some extra protection inside the boot to prevent the tongue from wearing it down.

I'm gonna try and figure out how to post a picture to help better explain it.

I'm gonna buy some sports type tape and try wrapping my ankles and also maybe buy some of those sweat bands that tennis players and basketball players wear, that helped with my lace bite before and might help with this.

I was just curious if anyone else is having the same problem and if u came across any solutions.

Thanks

You need to spot heat the area where the rubbing is occuring and roll the top of the boot outwards. Alternatively you could strap padding to your ankle (using stuff like closed cell neoprene) where the rubbing is occuring, build it up so it's around 5mm thick and then rebake the boot. However I have always found the first option always works the best.

Before you go and heat spot or re bake your skates I would suggest to check if it is the tongue causing all ur problems.

Had a similar problem and cut the edge of my tongues in the ankle area to fix it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I was finally able to upload the image on my comp, couldn't do it from my phone. It's those 3 reddish areas.

I'll have to see if its the tongue, but I think it's that white spot on the upper inside corners of the boot. Those pieces aren't the anaform (yellow stuff inside) and the edges are rough/sharp.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=17d5319c58&view=fimg&th=14b5b1f4f138418c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1492294504466612224-local0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ912vjHHyFOA2rGMo9VJa1s9vs-_yQ8qrXwhKgfGgnwADHhxHmYi1pjjItkXtxjx9RZzAyT43BLGP5vToc_E2hGnVf-8IxnT4fDtKM0dQeMXHYjH6vkLiRh7l8&ats=1423176392005&rm=14b5b1f4f138418c&zw&sz=w1877-h767

I had this problem with a pair of grafs.. I solved it by wearing sweat bands on my ankles until they built up some tolerance to the skates. No more issues now.

I think i had the same experience. It was sort of a phantom stinging/soreness on my right ankle. No abrasion or blister just an unexplained pain or tenderness.

Being more of a nagging annoyance i would just put a little mineral ice or ben gay on the area before i played. Did this for about 2 months and it went away. I think its just something you need to work out of the boot.

Before you go and heat spot or re bake your skates I would suggest to check if it is the tongue causing all ur problems.

Had a similar problem and cut the edge of my tongues in the ankle area to fix it.

A very probable cause. See this often.