Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beanhead

Pants with best tailbone/butt area protection?

Sorry for pushing an old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.

So, after 3 surgeries in the tailbone area and 2 years off the ice, I'm looking for a new pair off pants with the best tailbone protection I can get. Never seen Tacklas in Germany, so it's between Bauer (1N, 1X, 1S), Warrior QRL and CCM (UltraTacks, QLT).

Can someone tell me, which of those pants have the best tailbone protection?

Thanks.

I bought a pair CCM Pro Stock Crazy Light pants several months ago from Hockey Monkey.  I've tried everything else I could find, and the Pro Stock Crazy Lights at the best pants for tail bone protection out there!

Thanks, but you can't really get pro stock pants in Germany. I have a pair from the local DEL team, but other than a different color and velcro for ads they are just the same as  retail pants.

Well, there is actually an option, the "Reebok Pro Pants" (e.g. available at HPS in Germany with velcro) is actually the Reebok HP520 (ECHL) pant, which is a rather common pro-stock pant in the US. If you go for them, they run rather large, the only pant where I'd need a M rather than L - the main reason I don't wear mine.

But yes, the regular Warrior pro-stock pants in Europe are mostly retail Hustlers with Velcros added, and no silver-shield liner. Same for Bauer, I've had their One95 Pro Velcro, TotalOne (TotalOne V Euro) and the top-of-the-line-nexus-few-years-ago, and all were identical to the retail version apart from the velcros.

The Easton Pro-10 is also available in Europe (the Pro-15 is way harder to find), which is basically a One95 clone from what I understand, you might want to check the thread on them here.

If you "just" want maximum tailbone protection without all-around bomb-proofing yourself, I'd suggest adding additional tailbone padding yourself or wearing an inline-hockey girdle with modest tailbone padding beneath your pants.

20 hours ago, canard said:

honkeymonkey.com currently has several pair on line, mine are the UCLX.  They should ship to Germany.

They do. But it's expensive and isn't worth the trouble.

20 hours ago, gosinger said:

Well, there is actually an option, the "Reebok Pro Pants" (e.g. available at HPS in Germany with velcro) is actually the Reebok HP520 (ECHL) pant, which is a rather common pro-stock pant in the US. If you go for them, they run rather large, the only pant where I'd need a M rather than L - the main reason I don't wear mine.

But yes, the regular Warrior pro-stock pants in Europe are mostly retail Hustlers with Velcros added, and no silver-shield liner. Same for Bauer, I've had their One95 Pro Velcro, TotalOne (TotalOne V Euro) and the top-of-the-line-nexus-few-years-ago, and all were identical to the retail version apart from the velcros.

The Easton Pro-10 is also available in Europe (the Pro-15 is way harder to find), which is basically a One95 clone from what I understand, you might want to check the thread on them here.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Reebok and Easton.

20 hours ago, gosinger said:

If you "just" want maximum tailbone protection without all-around bomb-proofing yourself, I'd suggest adding additional tailbone padding yourself or wearing an inline-hockey girdle with modest tailbone padding beneath your pants.

I'm probably going to do that anyway, but it doesn't hurt to start with the best protection I can get and build it up from there instead of making an unprotective pant "bomb-proof".