Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dexter33

CCM E-PRO Holder, Scalloped Runner

Hey guys, so I'm new here and I apologize if there is already a forum post about a similar issue but I couldn't really find one on this particular issue. So I recently (3 weeks ago) bought myself a pair of CCM U+ 10s on clearance for a really good price and so far I love the boot fit and everything about the whole package except for some reason my left runner seems to just scrape across the ice when I come to a stop. I've had them sharpened at my local LHS 3 times and the last time I had them cross grind them to put a new hollow on the runner. The right one comes out perfect every time but I can't get the left one where I like it. Now, I realize some of this is due to my left foot being my "weak" foot but it's so pronounced I think something has to be wrong with the Runner itself. I've tightened the screws and put Loc-Tite on them, as well. If anyone has any insight or ideas on what to do that would be great, otherwise I guess I'll just try a new runner. Thanks!

yeah, I use u10s as well, have two pair due to some sick deals on them. The Runners on them suck. Scalloped steel was a bad idea, and as you see, CCM has moved away from it. I wouldn't be surprised if yours is bent.

yeah, I use u10s as well, have two pair due to some sick deals on them. The Runners on them suck. Scalloped steel was a bad idea, and as you see, CCM has moved away from it. I wouldn't be surprised if yours is bent.

Yeah I love them and got these for an absolute steal of a price. Wasn't sure about the scalloped steel though. Do you have a different steel that you prefer for the E-Pro holder?

ive just dealt with the scalloped steel. It hasn't really bothered me enough over the last few years to justify shelling out for new steel, knowing that im using my bonus this year on new skates all together, as one of my pairs has gotten too soft and im looking for a stiffer boot in general. From feedback that I have read on this site, you might want to try step or some other alternative, however I wouldn't do anything until you figure out what the actual problem is.

To be honest, if it were me and I needed to upgrade the steel knowing I would keep the boot, id probably just upgrade to the new SB holder CCM is using, as I much preferred it when demo'ing tacks at SJ this past summer. That's a pretty expensive upgrade however.

Yeah I had considered that route but I don't really skate enough (3-4 times a week in rec/beer leagues) to justify spending that much on a pair of skates that I got a deal on to begin with. Plus I actually do like the feel and tilt of the E-Pros and I am accustomed to them as my last pair of skates had them as well. I'll take it to Total Hockey tomorrow and let them take a look at it and go from there. Probably just a bent runner. Thanks for the input!

The scalloped steel on my u+ 12s bent from puck damage. I swapped in used (but still plenty tall) solid steel from some Craigslist tacks. No issues after several seasons. Step Steel and other upgrades are nice, but not necessary if you're on a budget.