Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

CCM Tacks- Tightening

I've got a pair of CCM Tacks 6.5 EE and I'm having trouble keeping tension on the top three eyelets. I had them baked and have skated on them 10-15 times. But, I find the top three eyelets loosen up way too frequently and easily. I'm using new wax laces and have been from the start. I'm having to tighten them up far too many times mid-game. Any suggestions?

I had this problem in my Tacks with A&R laces. I switched them out to Elite Prolace waxed with molded tip. Never a problem again.

Just add some extra wax yourself.. I allways (even when new) wax my skate laces with stick wax.. It makes them really sticky, and the laces does not slip at all during play.. Only downside is you get wax on your hands as well..

Just add some extra wax yourself.. I allways (even when new) wax my skate laces with stick wax.. It makes them really sticky, and the laces does not slip at all during play.. Only downside is you get wax on your hands as well..

Wearing a pair of latex gloves will keep your hands from getting waxy.

I have a similar problem but more at the bottom of the skates. The carbon fiber in the sidewalls is so stiff that if you don't get a good wrap over the foot when baking they will just pull the laces loose as soon as you let off tension to move to the next set of eyelets (it also makes it really hard to pull them tight). They'll break in a bit, and I use the S-700 wax laces which helped too. You could also try using the loop lock method, it helps pull the top two laces nice and tight.

Try lacing out-to-in if you're not already doing that. I lace in-to-out for the bottom, and switch to out-to-in for the top 4 eyelets. I've been doing that for years.