Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyrzman

CCM Insoles / Support

I've used super feet and they seem to do a great job fixing my pronation, but they take up too much volume in my skate and I don't care for the aggressive forward stance. Do the CCM's do anything in regards to pronation or are they more for comfort? The stock footbeds in my RBKs aren't uncomfortable, but my pronation limits my skating.

Comparing the CCM insoles to the SuperFeets, I would say the CCM actually take up more space. I can do a side by side photo of the insole thickness if that helps.

The CCM also has a soft gel under the heal.. I'm not sure if I like it or not and have gone back to my original insoles with the Mako 2.

I've used both. Superfeet take up less volume at the forefoot. They're about 40% thinner than the CCM footbeds in the forefoot. Concerning the arch & heel; all depends on which CCM footbed you get. I have the mid arch CCM footbed and the arch sits higher than the Superfeet, but not by much. Keep in mind, the CCM footbed is an arch support sole, while the Superfeet is more of a heel aligner.

I use the Superfeet. The CCMs are more comfortable, but I find the Superfeet give me better response. But we're talking about minute differences here, and for me, it just comes down to preference.

I looked into this and ended up buying some SOLE thin sport insoles. You can put these in the oven and bake them. The insoles are super thin, and took up zero space in my skates, but provided more support. They are almost like a cross between superfeet and the ccm ones in terms of support.

They offer a money back guarantee like superfeet..

So I just ordered the SOLE thin sport for my skates. I don't believe the user above who's used superfeet as well. The SOLE insert had a lot more volume than superfeet, and was wider, too. I had to use scissors to cut a bunch of it off, which was pretty difficult because the insert is fairly stiff. I put them in a pair of Vapors, and my feet were killing me after. I can't imagine using these in my Mako's,

I put them even in my dress shoes... Still too big. They fit fine in boots and regular sneakers, but I really don't think these are meant for hockey skates. I'll try trimming them up a bit more to see if it helps, but even after a bake they feel much beefier than superfeet. Maybe a second bake would help, but it's doubtful.

Well, I got whatever ones they have on their website called "thin sport". They aren't as thin as superfeet. I'll keep using these for my casual footwear because I do like the support, but no chance these are going in my Mako's or Vapors.

I've been looking for a good supportive thing insole for my mako's that doesn't have the little heel lift like the superfeet have. I already get enough lift from the towers aggressive pitch.

Well, I got whatever ones they have on their website called "thin sport". They aren't as thin as superfeet. I'll keep using these for my casual footwear because I do like the support, but no chance these are going in my Mako's or Vapors.

I've been looking for a good supportive thing insole for my mako's that doesn't have the little heel lift like the superfeet have. I already get enough lift from the towers aggressive pitch.

Why not try the Superfeet Black or Carbon.

Didn't even know those existed!! I only knew of yellow for hockey. I am looking at them now... Pretty interesting. Kind of a pricey product to keep trying out and end up not liking them. Do they have money back guarantee? I can't spend another $50-100 on insoles right now.

I use the Superfeet Black for two reasons: Take up less volume, and the arch itself is lower, which fits my low arch a lot better and provide more support in my VH Skates than the stock footbeds.

So I just ordered the SOLE thin sport for my skates. I don't believe the user above who's used superfeet as well. The SOLE insert had a lot more volume than superfeet, and was wider, too. I had to use scissors to cut a bunch of it off, which was pretty difficult because the insert is fairly stiff. I put them in a pair of Vapors, and my feet were killing me after. I can't imagine using these in my Mako's,

I put them even in my dress shoes... Still too big. They fit fine in boots and regular sneakers, but I really don't think these are meant for hockey skates. I'll try trimming them up a bit more to see if it helps, but even after a bake they feel much beefier than superfeet. Maybe a second bake would help, but it's doubtful.

Tried superfeet and the SOLE Sport thin (grey ones) in my Alkalis. The superfeet pushed my foot up enough that i was failing the pencil test. The SOLE insoles felt like i hadnt lost volume.

I think the difference is though, my alkalis and insoles were both new when i worked them together.

A friend of mine used the SOLEs in his much more worn skates and didnt like them. He put them in his new rollers, and loves them.

I use the Superfeet Black for two reasons: Take up less volume, and the arch itself is lower, which fits my low arch a lot better and provide more support in my VH Skates than the stock footbeds.

Did you try the blacks and yellows? Do they feel the same at heel or is the black higher? It looks like it's more bowl-shaped than the yellows, which look like they sit lower to the ground at the heel.

Is the arch area lower as well or the same?

I bought the blacks and it looks like the heel actually sits up higher than the yellows. Did you notice it or is it me? I did a comparison skating the blacks and yellows and to me if felt like the heel is sitting higher, and consequently my foot felt higher in the skate.

I'm looking for arch support but otherwise a pretty plain/stiff insole to stay responsive. The mushy heel on the CCM worries me and the superfeet yellow's feel like they lift me up and out of the heel pocket sweet spot in my RBZ's. Anything that just does a good job supporting the arch?

I'm looking for arch support but otherwise a pretty plain/stiff insole to stay responsive. The mushy heel on the CCM worries me and the superfeet yellow's feel like they lift me up and out of the heel pocket sweet spot in my RBZ's. Anything that just does a good job supporting the arch?

Give Superfeet Carbon a try. More stiff than the yellows, slightly thinner too.