Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceman8310

Bauer Apx2 pants

i didn't see a review on the site. has anyone used these pants? how do you like them? I'm coming from CCM 520echl pants and CCM V08 pants. I wonder how they break in over time. i prefer a looser pant in the legs and low cut kidney pads. I tried the Nexus 1000 pant and the vapor uppers felt better but not sure on the legs.

Thanks

For what it's worth.. I have the APX pants (precursor to APX2).

Coming from bauer supremes which had massive legs and minimal protection the APX pant felt like a girdle. Very tight fitting at first but I've been in them now for ~6 months and they've broken in nicely. The kidney/rib padding is still bulbous but I think they've addressed this with the APX 2.

IMO: really great pant, fairly streamlined to begin with but break in nicely over time. I skate with the leg zips open (they have gussets behind) and have 0 issues with mobility. Padding is thorough and protective.

Happy to answer any other specific questions if you need.

I have the apx2, coming from the apx.

They are comfy and protective. Tight fitting.

Overall great pants I would recommend

I had Bauer "nikebauer" vapor XXX lite pants but those were super tight. Are these not as tight?

i didn't see a review on the site. has anyone used these pants? how do you like them? I'm coming from CCM 520echl pants and CCM V08 pants. I wonder how they break in over time. i prefer a looser pant in the legs and low cut kidney pads. I tried the Nexus 1000 pant and the vapor uppers felt better but not sure on the legs.

Thanks

Great pants.

Plenty of room, not too snug but not too loose. Just enough protection without being (Nexus) like bulky. 5'10 and 75kg wearing a Medium and I love them. They're a wonderful upgrade from the APX and fit very similar. If cash is a problem, I'd almost say go for a pair of Run Out APX pants as they're on the same page.

Let me know how you go.

Hi every one, I am hobby player from Czech republic (so from first, sorry for my english J) and right now I am solving dilemma… Any answer will be great!!

I bought almost new Bauer Vapor APX2 pants (size L) and I don’t know what it is, but it seem to me, that the pants are too large. Before I had played with Bauer-Nike Quest 2 (size. L), so I thought, that the size will be fit. It’s important to mention, that the Vapor APX is about 2-3cm longer than Nike Quest (this is probably the fact that Nike Quest have simile fit like Nexus or Supreme, I suppose). Problem comes when am I playing – It’s not so comfortable like with my old pants… L I feel little awkward, pants are „robust“ with narrow waist, and I feel that my pants go down, because pants presses by shoulder frome above. But perhaps this is all about habit?! Regarding my body dimensions, which exactly fits the size L of the Bauer tables -> height: 1.82cm (5‘ 97‘‘), weight 84kg (185lbs) and Waist size 100cm (39 in). Just middle of size L!

So I think there are 3 options.

1) 

Sell the pants and buy another – maybe lower rank Vapor for example X100 (size M), or another typ – maybe Nexus or Supreme (but which size? L or M?). I do not have the money or time to keep trying more and more pants

2) Buy another shoulder – I use Reebok 18k size L, and I think, that I stand at the interference between M and L

3) I am paranoid and eventually get used to it… J

Or maybe is problem that Vapor APX2 are designate for professional players (or on another type of body) and are very robust and immobile for increased degree of protection. But I have been playing ice hockey for 15 years (10 years on lower league level) and I always used one of the highest rank of hockey equipment.

Sorry for the long story! J Finally add attachments, how it looks, when I am dressed in Nike Quest and in Vapor APX2. Thanks for your feedback !!!!

eBgA

Tried on the APX2 when I was in Boston..no go for me..way too tight fitting.  I went with the Nexus 1000 pant. 

The APX2 was very well made, but the legroom was suspect...

for what it's worth i went from the vapor x100 to the 1x recently both in the same size and the 1x's feel a lot tighter in the leg. however i can't say whether this is going from 2nd tier to top tier in the range, or from the old range to the new range.

On 7. 5. 2016 at 4:41 PM, Zorlac said:

Tried on the APX2 when I was in Boston..no go for me..way too tight fitting.  I went with the Nexus 1000 pant. 

The APX2 was very well made, but the legroom was suspect...

Problem solved – NEXUS 1000. J Immediately, I tried Nexus 1000 (Velcro), I knew that the problem was in Vapor pants cut, which is not suitable for my body. This pants are wider (with traditional cut) in the hips and the feel in game is indescribably better. Moving is much comfortable.

Thanks Zorlac!!

P.S: I am watching World championship in Russia (you probably not, I suppose :D) and when camera is filming Czech empty hockey room before game, it’s clear, that 90% (maybe more) of the pants are NEXUS 1000 – probably is the choice of professionals.

Yup, they are an outstanding pant.  Roomy, non-restrictive, light, well made.  Glad you too found a good fitting hockey pant!