Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpgbackups

Ordering a batch of sticks from Easton (older model)

hi, my absolute favorite stick of all time was the original Easton Mako (white one) prostock (with the blacked out glossy synergy SE16 blade) released in 2012 (when the world was supposed to end). ive bought 7 in total over the years, as i would grab it whenever i saw it available somewhere...2 years ago i bought like 5 of those from PureHockey (Tyler).....i use the very popular E3 Sakic pattern in 85 flex...so nothing too fancy there.

problem is, im down to 3....and since my supply is getting low...i dont go as hard in the corners because im scared (obviously) to break or damage the stick........because i know its a finite supply :( they dont make that model anymore.

i feel that none of the current top sticks are equal or better.. i tried the Tacks and i loved it...........superb twig, unbelievable feeling. its a close second on my list. and i think its currently the top stick available on the market right now...but the Mako was just special for me.....its just perfect for me. i feel the puck. i feel like the stick is an extension of my body....whenever its in my hands i go beast mode.

i read a few threads about ordering custom sticks from Easton ...and i could see that its not an easy task and certainly not a cheap process. but the thing is...i dont want to create a custom pattern or anything...i already use very popular things E3 and 85 Flex. its only a custom order in the sense that i want that specific older prostock model. i wouldnt mind (and wouldnt have a choice) dishing out some major coin for that........i could go for maybe 10 or 12 sticks. or maybe more...i'd like to play with that stick for the rest of my life.

i remember the pros name....so i guess it wouldnt be too hard for them to retrieve it....

its probably harder to order older models...not even sure if all pros can do it, i saw a custom order sheet from easton and only the V9 and the HTX were in the choices ........although Kessel and Subban both use S19 and SE16's...thats even older

but hey......im in love with my Mako...i love that twig. what are my chances in getting that done? impossible? any chances of going through PureHockey on this one?

20130519_013146_zpsdc3a7964.jpg

Custom sticks are usually reserved for current models only. Your scenario is quite the difficult one, being that you're 2 stick models behind the times. You may be better off scouring ebay for whatever is left. Your other option is trying a current Easton stick, since they haven't really come out with any new technology in awhile.

no easton rep would take that order? i keep spying on ebay...and i bought close substitutes from there...but ....mehhh

ive tried the HTX and its a great stick...but its nowhere close to being my favorite.

like i said...i think CCM makes the best currently available sticks right now.

no easton rep would take that order? i keep spying on ebay...and i bought close substitutes from there...but ....mehhh

ive tried the HTX and its a great stick...but its nowhere close to being my favorite.

like i said...i think CCM makes the best currently available sticks right now.

I understand where you're coming from. Everyone has a favourite stick that works the best for them but I think if you're to try some top of the line sticks from say Bauer, Warrior, or CCM you won't be disappointed. Stick technology has come a long way in 2-3 years, you may just find a new favourite.

Sent you a PM with some info on these. Also have you considered the V9 (white one)? Those are coming down in price now and are very similar in terms of construction to the Mako. You would probably be able to find your specs pretty easily as you stated, that may be your best bet at this point.

I have been in the same place. Learning that as stated above; No Easton Rep will take that order. I have continued to search on EBay or on this site.

Again, as said earlier I have been forced to try other sticks and have found a Warrior stick that I have become very happy with. Still wanting to try the new X1 though. Good luck.

For all these REC players that get stuck on one stick just remember this phrase when you use other sticks.

It's not the wand, it's the magician. In other words get over it. Take a skilled player and give them any stick and they will make it work.

Why don't you spend a couple hours this weekend and google easton hockey dealers, and cold call them?

I can think of half of a dozen pro shops that would probably still have some Makos left over (granted, probably not their most popular selling curve/flex) but it would be worth a shot.

For all these REC players that get stuck on one stick just remember this phrase when you use other sticks.

It's not the wand, it's the magician. In other words get over it. Take a skilled player and give them any stick and they will make it work.

For every pro that could make a seamless switch to a bent tree branch there is another who needs exactly what he needs or it just doesn't feel right.

The point I'm trying to make is if you set your self up to only one stick you are bound to.be handicapped in the future. Exactly, see Mike Green.

I have to agree. That's why I stated that I was forced to switch and it hasn't been a bad thing.

I do wonder just how many extra shafts and blades Brett Hull had made for him for the rest of his life...

The point I'm trying to make is if you set your self up to only one stick you are bound to.be handicapped in the future. Exactly, see Mike Green.

This goes along the same line of thinking as when ppl say I don't need the top end protective I don't play pro....... Lol

Human nature dictates that ppl hate changing because it is scary.

I use top end equipment because a) I hate being hurt and b) top end sticks fire lasers, below top end does not. Not to mention also..... Because I can.

But anywho I digress.........

I am pro change.

For the OP, would say do what you can, then when the swan song is up, move on to the next stick. CNT's were also my fav. Moved on. Iginla was my curve but Easton stopped it. Moved on. Supreme ONE90 gloves. Moved on. You picking up what I'm putting down? ;)

Ordering that exact Mako set up will be impossible. However at the custom level Easton does offer their "SS" Signature Series model. These custom options are only available with the Synergy line (standard non elliptical shaft). The SS options give you a choice of 3 blades (SE8, XBCNHL, XSTM5) and 5 shafts (EL, R125, RD, DB, SQ).

The most popular pro option is the EL/SE8 setup. IMO the best feeling pro stock stick option from any company. To get a feel of the older Mako you would almost have to go with the M5 blade which is a little beefy/more durable blade. Shaft wise its tough to say what would be similar to the old mako shaft.

So while getting the exact your using is impossible you might be able to build something that is very close to it.

thanks for the responses guys........im really sad that those last 3 Makos will probably be the last one i'll be blessed to play with.....

:-( hard to accept, its like the girl of my dreams just left me

last year i bought a pair of Mako SS II in 100 Flex....i wonder how these will compare.

Give Sherwood a shot. They have some great-feeling, durable twigs at great prices. You never know - you might find a new favourite stick. Their 2015 stick lineup is pretty impressive.

"""Ordering that exact Mako set up will be impossible. However at the custom level Easton does offer their "SS" Signature Series model. These custom options are only available with the Synergy line (standard non elliptical shaft). The SS options give you a choice of 3 blades (SE8, XBCNHL, XSTM5) and 5 shafts (EL, R125, RD, DB, SQ).

The most popular pro option is the EL/SE8 setup. IMO the best feeling pro stock stick option from any company. To get a feel of the older Mako you would almost have to go with the M5 blade which is a little beefy/more durable blade. Shaft wise its tough to say what would be similar to the old mako shaft.

So while getting the exact your using is impossible you might be able to build something that is very close to it. ""

really? i had no idea about that...its not speficied i think on any of the sticks ive seen..is there a way to know which specs a stick is made of? the sticker just tells us the generic model usally..

i would assume the SE8 blade is the SE16 blade...glossy honey comb and soft feeling..

im not a huge fan of the harder easton blades.

i have no idea about shafts though...i just knew i loved the Makos :-)

thanks for your inputs guys !

if anyone is lucky enough to be playing with a Drury curve, theres one right now on ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Stock-Pro-Return-LH-Matt-Gryzelcyk-NCAA-Easton-Mako-Hockey-Stick-85-Flex-/281449369151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4187b08e3f

thats the exact same specs that i need excepts its a Drury instead of a sakic :( FML,

anyone using a Drury should definitely pull the trigger on this one.

RL was the shaft version right? But he liked them flipped around? Am I remembering all of this right? Either way, when they day comes, lets talk about it.

Z

I know plenty folks here in MN that can fire lasers with bottom end sticks.

We probably just shoot better in MN.

We fish better too.

A bit fearful of change myself. My stockpile of STs is running low.

Found a few Warrior Dolo on clearance and will make them work.

Opening weekend soon, my stick worry will fade.

I know plenty folks here in MN that can fire lasers with bottom end sticks.

We probably just shoot better in MN.

We fish better too.

A bit fearful of change myself. My stockpile of STs is running low.

Found a few Warrior Dolo on clearance and will make them work.

Opening weekend soon, my stick worry will fade.

I agree. Must be in the water up here. Or the hotdishes. Yeah, prob the hotdishes.

I've seen as many guys who shoot lasers with bottom end sticks as I have guys who have top end sticks who can barely get it to the net. Wizard/wand, natitv american/arrow, majorette/baton, etc.