Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rchirpich

Dolomite ops help

So basically I've heard time and time again that you can heat up a dolo and pop out the blade so I decided to try it out with a pro stock broken dolo it didn't budge even after the rebar method and bathing in satans lake of fire so I hacked off a couple inches and that's that now I've come across another one and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or because it pro stock but I just couldn't get that damn tenon out so in need your guys help its brand new some moron heated up the blade to put on a dr hook and snapped the poor guy in two so hear we are. Any help appreciated

I had an original model dolo back around 2008 or so, and when the blade broke I tried to get it out using every method possible. I ended up damaging the shaft from all of the heat and never was able to get the blade out. I have heard others get them out with no issues however, so it may be hit or miss on those as far as pulling the blade out easily.

Yeah I was thinking maybe at the start of production the didnt use heat epoxy or whatever it's called but who knows I'm going to try every thing in my power to get it though

I had some luck chiseling but be warned it was a giant pain. By the time I finished I had to cut the bottom shaft a littler higher than the original connection because it had gotten chewed up from all the chiseling. Some blades fit fine nonetheless and some just needed a little tape.