Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKranz24

Supreme D vs EE

Hey guys!

So I recently tried on the Bauer Supreme 190 in a 8 EE, and it fit quite well. The only issue was the huuuuuge price tag.

I've been looking high and low for a One.9 or One.8, but no luck.

But I discovered Pure Hockey has an exclusive skate called the Bauer Supreme HP Pro.

So, two questions...

*Anything positive/negative you guys have seen/heard/read on the skate?

*They apparently only do D width...is it possible to get an 8 D and stretch it into an EE? Or would it be better to go with an 8.5 D?

Thanks in advance!

I honestly don't like either of those options you're looking at. Not knowing what your budget is, you would be better off in a 180 or 170 in an 8EE.

I just recently purchased new skates and was kind of in the same boat as you. I wanted a higher end skate like the 190, but the price is a little more than I wanted to pay. They had the previous models one.8 and one.9 on boxing day for super cheap but at the time I decided to hold off until another sale or next year.. Unfortunately only maybe a month or 2 after my skates were really falling apart more so I decided to just just buy new ones. Ended up going to source hockey shop and finding an SMU (like skate your looking at on purehockey) at a decent price. The one I got is the "supreme matrix" and it's based on the 180 but actually has pretty much all the upgrades as the 190. It has the same curve composite outsole, upgrades 190 reinforced eyelets, upgraded 190 hydramax liner, upgraded full composite outsole seen on the 190, and upgraded tongue from the 190 (also on APX2). Honestly it seems like the only real difference is that the 190 will be slightly stiffer and comes with LS3 instead of the LS2 steel. The best part is they only cost $30 more than other stores were selling the 180 for ($529 vs. $499). So yeah if you're not going to buy the top two tiers of skates, I think the next best thing/best deal is to buy an SMU.

Also to answer your second question, no... You should never go up a size to compensate for width... If your foot is actually too wide for D, then get EE. Don't just go up a size.

I bought it at the hockey shop ( www.thehockeyshop.com ). It's on sale for $499 and I think you also get a $50 gift card because of the sale. But for some reason the link on their website isn't working right now, you can try calling them though to see if they have in stock. Here's the same skate on another website: http://www.sourceforsports.com/1623-BAUER-SUPREME-MATRIX-SENIOR-SKATES.aspx#.VQj6ymR4qCI

The one you were looking at on purehockey looks like a 170 with 180 upgrades. The source also has a 170 upgrade and is actually cheaper right now and I think a bit better (better tongue with HD guard). http://www.sourceforsports.com/1619-BAUER-SUPREME-COMP-SKATES.aspx#.VQj8LGR4qCI

Don't add length to make up for width. I did just that and they just never felt right.

If you fit nicely into a wide Supreme, perhaps you should try a standard width Nexus.

As previous posters have said, don't go up in size to try and fix width. If your heel fits into a D then stick with that and get the forefoot stretched, a decent skate can easily be stretched from a D to an EE, I have done it many times.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll stick with an 8 EE, or worst case scenario, get a D and stretch it out.

Those Hockey Shop skates look great. Unfortunately, they don't ship out of Canada and I'm in the middle of the US. Otherwise, I'd maybe take a trip up north to check them out.

I thought that they did ship to US. At least last time I checked they did, unless they changed policies. You can always call them and see if they may be willing to ship to you, it would just cost you a little bit more for shipping charges. Also you can find the same skates at other "source" stores. Just google "source for sports", you can try calling different ones to see stock/shipping options. They are located all over Canada I believe. Also the price on the link I sent you was in Canadian dollars, so the $500 canadian would actually only be about $400 American.

Buy a skate that fits. If you don't like the price of a current model, look for the previous model at a nice discount.

Buy a skate that fits. If you don't like the price of a current model, look for the previous model at a nice discount.

That's what I've been trying to do. The 190 and even 180 are pretty pricey, so I've been looking for the NXG or the One.9, or even the One.8. No luck so far

I thought that they did ship to US. At least last time I checked they did, unless they changed policies. You can always call them and see if they may be willing to ship to you, it would just cost you a little bit more for shipping charges. Also you can find the same skates at other "source" stores. Just google "source for sports", you can try calling different ones to see stock/shipping options. They are located all over Canada I believe. Also the price on the link I sent you was in Canadian dollars, so the $500 canadian would actually only be about $400 American.

There are shipping restrictions imposed by the manufacturers. They can't ship anything Bauer to the US or any elite products within Canada.

Hmm I didn't know that. Well I guess if you live near the border you could ship to a post office just across and then pick it up there. I'm not sure but I think there might even be post offices/companies that you can ship your package to and then they can forward ship the package to your address. I.e. Ship it to a place within canada and get them to ship it to your US address.