Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HDHockey

Skate Bake Advise

I have seen multiple "correct" ways to do this, so I am hoping someone can give the best process for my brother's situation. His wife gave him a pair of 18k, length fits good, width is a little snug (they are EE). He needs to go get them baked, does he stand or not stand? Also, if so, when and for how long? Thanks for the input!

Yes, if there is a hockey shop nearby, definitely go there. Not just big "sports stores" as they often dont have much hockey-specific knowledge. As for the actual process, I'm not sure exactly what temperate to bake/how long but I know for sure you are supposed to SIT down while having them baked, with feet fully planted on ground and knees bent in 90 degree angle... Basically sitting on a bench/in a chair in an upright position with skates fully on ground. You leave them on for probably 10-15 minutes then you can get up and walk around a bit. Leave on a few more minutes then they should be good. Make sure that someone else, ideally the store assistant ties the skates for you. The eyelets can be soft and prone to damage if you yank on them upwards toward you. Can cause easier break in future. Also make sure you don't skate on them for a while. I've heard 24 hours to be safe, but honestly 12 hours or even a bit less is probably okay. I know all this because I've had this done multiple times by competent hockey shops. Hope this helps.

In San Diego, go to SDIA. Do not go to Iceoplex :)

If he needs to get them punched, where do you recommend? He is willing to drive up to LA area if there is a better option. Thanks!

If he needs to get them punched, where do you recommend? He is willing to drive up to LA area if there is a better option. Thanks!

SDIA. Otherwise hockey monkey .

Oh yea? When's that again?

April 30-May 3. Thanks for the info, brother went up to Hockey Monkey today and they were friendly and took care of him.