Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TwoFour

New Warrior Dynasty Girdle

TH has the new Warrior Dynasty girdle available for pre-order. I currently use and love the Projekt girdle. I really like projekt's built in "cup holder". Anyone know if the new Dynasty girdle has this feature? I assume no because there is no mention of it on TH's site. I also wish Warrior would've added velcro to attach socks. Trying to decide whether to wait for the Dynasty or buy another projekt now that they are on clearance.

hockeymonkey has the Projekt for 79$-20%! Pretty solid deal but I already have an easton and a bauer girdle

Yeah, I'm leaning towards picking up another Projekt. With the new Dynasty, it looks like they improved the belt system but removed the cup holder, the belly protector, and didn't add a way to attach socks. Man, if they would have just added velcro for socks to the Projekt it would have been perfect. Unfortunate.

So. You guys gave me an idea. I've been toying with the idea of a girdle and a shell for a while, and just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. My pants make my ass look huge. So I ordered the projekt girdle and the syko shell from hm. I'm pretty sure a guy can get some Velcro and sew it on the legs of the girdle and solve all the problems mentioned above easily. I'll let you know how it turns out....

So exciting. Finally a new top end girdle on the market. I wish the leg width was adjustable though.

True, props to Warrior for putting out a new one for us girdle users. Even with some missing features, I'd still take this Dynasty over pants. Pants just too bulky.

Might have to get a jock/garter combo to solve the missing cup pocket and no sock velcro "issues". I've got a compression jock short but wearing it under the girdle gets too hot.

Wearing a girdle with garters...thats kinda hawt right?

Oh, and in regards to the lack of adjustable leg width, I agree. But, the projekt girdle's "adjustable" legs are kind of a farce. The velcro strip is very narrow so there is virtually no adjustability. Its either vecro'ed or not.

I have a Reebok 9k girdle too...if it weren't so bulky it would be perfect. Would have loved to see some of the 9k's features incorporated into this new one from Warrior.

I'm confused, where would Velcro go in a girdle?

The rbk 9k girdle has like really thin lightweight "shorts" inside with velcro tabs to attach socks. Then, the thigh pads wrap around your legs.

I actually use the projekt girdle's leg straps to hold my socks. It works but its not ideal...the socks tend to bunch up.

I do not mean to hijack the topic, but since the MX3 has the 37.5 liner, then if you wear compression pants underneath with the velcro, then would this be ok to fend off some of the heat? I am in the market for a girdle too, and was considering the MX3 or the TotalOne (on clearance at HM; looks like it got decent reviews). It looks like the NXG girdle left a lot to be desired, any reason everyone here prefers the Warrior Projekt girdle over the TotalOne, and the new Dynasty over the MX3?

I've used the Projekt girdle for years and the only issue I've had with it is the belt that comes with it is too short. That's an easy/cheap fix. I've tried on the NXG girdle - it didn't feel as mobile as the Projekt and was a bit heavier. Now, the NXG might offer a bit more protection with the use of Poron and Vent Armour, but for my needs (mid-level beer league and pick up games) the Projekt is sufficient.

One advantage the NXG has vs. the Projekt is the ability to take it on and off easily while your skates and shins are on. You put the Projekts on like a tight pair of bike shorts, but the NXG girdle opens right up and then velcros closed (the NXG Girdle teardown JR did illustrates this very well) so you can take it on and off easily without having to remove other pieces of equipment.

I saw the Dynasty in person at Winterfest and the key differences between that and the Projekt that I noticed besides the removal of the belly protector was the amount of ventilation (perforated sections throughout the girdle), the segmented tail bone protector and the material seemed to be a bit denser/more protective around the waist area. I did not check to see if there was a built in cup holder (and I believe they were a medium which is why I didn't try to squeeze into them - I currently use a large Projekt which is already a snug fit). If they're available in stores in my area I'll certainly take a closer look at them and try them on in my size - right now I have a small stockpile of Projekt girdles, but would certainly consider the Dynasty at some point in the future.

I did notice the weight of the NXG girdle, something like 1587 grams compared to something like 1071 grams for the Projekt, in size medium. People say weight does not matter for girdles, it matters in how much I haul to and from the rink, and I would just always prefer to be lighter in all pieces of gear, without compromising protection. I am interested to see how the Dynasty and the MX3s weigh in, as the product pages become constructed on the retailer sites.

Might have to get a jock/garter combo to solve the missing cup pocket and no sock velcro "issues". I've got a compression jock short but wearing it under the girdle gets too hot.

Wearing a girdle with garters...thats kinda hawt right?

I wear a jock with garters with my current apx girdle. Don't know how that will transition with a shorts-type girdle.

I would consider a compression pant such as the UA with jock holder and velcro but none of my socks have velcro to begin with.

The thing which is a challenge for me is the length of the legs.

Bauer's Vapor adaptable core was the right length but the NXG was too long for me in the same size.

I wasn't able to fit into the Projekt girdle in my size because of the short belt, so I think I will pull the trigger on the Dynasty and test it out.

@Cosmic. All girdles are not created equal. It's more fit and mobility than anything else. Many do find the 9k to be too bulky though. Weight differences on any girdle will feel inconsequential in comparison to pants, if that's all you've used.

I did notice the weight of the NXG girdle, something like 1587 grams compared to something like 1071 grams for the Projekt, in size medium. People say weight does not matter for girdles, it matters in how much I haul to and from the rink, and I would just always prefer to be lighter in all pieces of gear, without compromising protection. I am interested to see how the Dynasty and the MX3s weigh in, as the product pages become constructed on the retailer sites.

Remember, the MX3 comes with a padded shell that's included in the weight specs.

Thanks shooter- I wonder how much the shell itself weighs. I wish the catalogues would weigh the stuff and remove the mystery.

I wasn't impressed by the new girdle at all when I saw it. As a person who has used girdles for the past 15 years or so, this one seemed very cheaply made and possibly prone to having the mesh wear out. It looked like they took everything they had done with the projekt and discarded it in order to have it produced cheaper.

I looked at all the mesh and only thought about the increased ventilation, but didn't think about the possible durability issues. It's probably because I've been playing mostly roller for the past few years. Hopefully it holds up well, but it is possible that the mainly mesh parts on the Dynasty girdle will be less durable than that solid lycra of the Projekt. We'll only really know how that plays out once people have used the Dynasty for a while.

I have the projekt with a compression jock and cup covered by the Bauer Nexus shell but had to use a hoody string to make a belt because the belt on the Medium waaayyyy too short...I was looking for another pair of shorts as a backup, but now that the new Dynasty girdle is out, I might just get one...how does its padding stack up to the projekt? thanks

So exciting. Finally a new top end girdle on the market. I wish the leg width was adjustable though.

So, MX3 has adjustable leg width, but Dynasty girdle does not? I will grab one of these girdles over the summer, just curious as to which one seems to have which features. The stitching in the MX3 pic on TH looks cheap, where the yellow spine guard material meets the black internal girdle liner. Dynasty looks a bit better constructed.

TH has the new Warrior Dynasty girdle available for pre-order. I currently use and love the Projekt girdle. I really like projekt's built in "cup holder". Anyone know if the new Dynasty girdle has this feature? I assume no because there is no mention of it on TH's site. I also wish Warrior would've added velcro to attach socks. Trying to decide whether to wait for the Dynasty or buy another projekt now that they are on clearance.

Yes, they Dynasty Girdle has a cup holder pocket. Early samples did not have them so it may not have made it on descriptions or early photos.

No velcro to attach socks.

I'm a big proponent of girdles and personally, this is the best girdle I have ever seen - from any company. Also, the specific Dynasty Girdle shell system makes it look like a very close fitting pant rather than a girdle with a garbage bag over it.

We'll publish some image on social next week to explain the new girdle and all the tech in it. Might be a good project for Periscope.

Yes, they Dynasty Girdle has a cup holder pocket. Early samples did not have them so it may not have made it on descriptions or early photos.

No velcro to attach socks.

I'm a big proponent of girdles and personally, this is the best girdle I have ever seen - from any company. Also, the specific Dynasty Girdle shell system makes it look like a very close fitting pant rather than a girdle with a garbage bag over it.

We'll publish some image on social next week to explain the new girdle and all the tech in it. Might be a good project for Periscope.

Thanks for the info. Glad I held off on buying another Projekt. The Dynasty looks really well ventilated and its good to hear about the cup holder. That's a great feature that seems unique to Warrior. I also like your description of the shell. Looks like Warrior is getting more of my money.

Thanks for the info. Glad I held off on buying another Projekt. The Dynasty looks really well ventilated and its good to hear about the cup holder. That's a great feature that seems unique to Warrior. I also like your description of the shell. Looks like Warrior is getting more of my money.

Just got 3 Dynasty shafts last week, this Dynasty girdle looks like it is coming my way (likely with the shell), and am due for new gloves, with QR1 in the running. I should buy Warrior stock and get on a dividend scheme that gets me discounted gear instead of money.