Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammers44

Bauer Pro Vintage Shoulders

Anyone have any experience with the Bauer Pro Vintage Shoulders? I'm considering getting them for pickup and men's league but couldn't get a good idea on what kind of protection they offer.

I use the supreme classics which is what these are based off of http://static.bootic.com/_pictures/1528925/bauer-supreme-classic-shoulder-pads.jpg. I would say they offer slightly more protection than the Sherwood 5030s as the foams are thicker on the chest and such. The shoulder caps aren't too bulky. I find them to run a little short compared to more top of the line models. All in all they offer some what okay protection for men's league. You get what you pay for as far as that goes. I have considered replacing them at some point with something that is more high end because I do play in a A/B mens league where shots do come a little faster then the low level mens leagues. I hope this helps.

I was wearing a pair of the Bauer Pro shoulders I had my legs cut out from behind while on the blue line. The changeable caps are great, but are the only part of the pads that is remotely protective. I basically whiplashed backwards and landed hard and simultaneously on my head, butt and right shoulder blade. The only injury I received was a dislocated right shoulder blade and torn rotator. The pad offers no back protection at all from the top of your pants to you helmet. I knew that when I bought them, but didn't care about it then. I now wear Pro return Jofa 5k shoulders i found in the back of my LHS. Don't skimp on shoulder protection, it takes a long time to get better.

Thanks for the input guys. I found a pair to try on by my house and they definitely felt nice and light but are way to short for me. I'll have to wait for something else to come out.

I have the Pure Hockey Bauer Nexus Classic version of these. Like you mentioned they are short, but with my Easton Pants and it's spine protector I get enough coverage for it to be totally fine honestly.

Maybe you should try them on with your pants/girdle to see how much space there really is.