Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing in terms of the Ultra Tack line. Since getting their Tacks stick and skates last season I've been back on the band wagon in the hope that they can get the rest of their protective to be as impressive as their skates and stick. What I'm looking forward to the most are the elbow pads. they have a very "traditional" shape and 3 strap system, almost reminds me of a modern day jofa shape with new materials. Either way. Looking forward to seeing all this hit the shelves. Kudos to ccm for what appears to be the start of a nice comeback.

The new Fitlite titanium mask is interesting. It gives people another option for very light, rust resistant cages beyond the Re-akt. The large Re-akt I have fits my Warrior Krown helmet very well, but is a bit narrow for my large Cascade M11 and (ironically) Bauer IMS 7.0 helmets - right now I have an old itech titanium that works well on the M11, but if that were somehow damaged it's nice to know there's now a second titanium cage option.

I find it a bit odd that puck feel isn't something that's promoted for the top of the line Tacks stick in the catalogue - excellent puck feel is what I noticed the most when I demoed that stick.

First thing I looked at when I saw that Fitlite titanium cage was whether it came in white. I found that when I had the Re-AKT mask, I was always doing things with my eyes and neck angle to be able to see the puck through the bars. Ever since I switched to a white cage (Resistance 300 was the best mask I could find that offered white inner), I am loving how the ice is whited out when I look down for the puck. The Res 300 cage seems about as light as the Re-AKT cage as it has some rather thin bars.

Edited by Cosmic

Could you powder coat a re-akt? Sorry getting a bit off topic here ;)

EDIT: to make it on-topic, can you powder coat a titanium cage at all? Bauer or CCM?

Edited by OptimusReim

The catalog claims that the Ultra Tacks Stick at 425g is the "lightest, best balanced, most durable stick we have ever created." I'm not one to get super hung up on marketing claims, but isn't it just objectively false that this is the lightest stick CCM's ever made? Wasn't the first version of the Crazy Light only 405 grams? Granted it had a lot of durability issues, but it was significantly lighter than the stated weight for the Ultra Tacks.

I'm sure the build quality on the items is great, but...

The Ultra Tack line looks nice, but if their objective was to get people shopping for TotalOne NXG/MX3 gear to accidentally buy their stuff, they've succeeded. It's also remarkable how similar the CCM 30K Glove looks to the APX2, right down to the identical striping scheme coming off the pinky.

• Like 1

The Ultra Tack line looks nice, but if their objective was to get people shopping for TotalOne NXG/MX3 gear to accidentally buy their stuff, they've succeeded. It's also remarkable how similar the CCM 30K Glove looks to the APX2, right down to the identical striping scheme coming off the pinky.

CCM has been pretty lackluster in the last decade or so in the graphics dept. Now, they just lack originality.

liking what i see of the new protective. Cant wait to get my hands on it in person. As mentioned, the new fitlite mask interests me highly, may look to buy two for my existing helmets upon release.

would be kind of silly for them to make the 30k look like the APX considering the 30k is going to be their anatomical fit glove, vs the tacks being the tapered, but i see what your are saying.

Also looking forward to trying on the Ultra tacks elbows and shins. I'll check out the shoulders too but they might just be too bulky up top - does not look like a low profile pad at all... that line never was to be honest.

Have been very impressed by the new CCM protective & skate offerings thus far. The Shoulders and Elbows are super comfy, and the inclusion of the D30 is an upgrade in protection from past models.

I assume it is same as 8 months ago?

He does a pretty bad job in this vid. He focuses almost exclusively on volume, and doesn't mention anything about heel or forefoot differences. Maybe there aren't any.

Also looking forward to trying on the Ultra tacks elbows and shins. I'll check out the shoulders too but they might just be too bulky up top - does not look like a low profile pad at all... that line never was to be honest.

Do you know if Tacks are the follow-up to the Reebok 20K shins or is that Ribcor?

liking what i see of the new protective. Cant wait to get my hands on it in person. As mentioned, the new fitlite mask interests me highly, may look to buy two for my existing helmets upon release.

would be kind of silly for them to make the 30k look like the APX considering the 30k is going to be their anatomical fit glove, vs the tacks being the tapered, but i see what your are saying.

Fit aside..I mean come on!

bauer-vapor-apx-2-gloves.jpgproduct%5C201412161412341479-hg30k.jpg

Car companies take designs all the time. Remember the Chris Bangle BMW 7 series with Bangle Butt? Two years after Lexus, Chevy, and a few others copied. It happens in various forms of design.

I was thinking along the lines with Chippa on this one, and in all fairness, the stripe is on the opposite side of the ring finger! It's not that I was disagreeing with you, I just think if it were replication based on fooling people they would want to do it on the glove that fits similarly in their lineup

I noticed that there was a 27K tapered shaft (as well as a 25K traditional shaft, which I am not interested in) in the ReebokCCM 2014 catalogue, and then this shaft seems to have been removed in the CCM 2015 catalogue. Did this product get ditched? I am interested in trying a RibCor shaft, although I am not aware of one existing at the moment.

• Like 1