Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I don't even know where to begin with your post...it's so ridiculous; your anger (why are you even mad?) is so misplaced it's mind-boggling.

• Like 2

Very disappointed in the top level shoulder pad offering by CCM.

This lighter mobile cheaper new technology/terminology bright stuff is all good until you get hurt and you realize how worthless it is. Fall into the boards hard with this new stuff or a Jofa 9800/8800, RBK 9K, or Reebok 9K Pro and see what the results are for you or your child. Ask Patrick Kane.

Its messed up these arent offerred to the public. It is far more protective than this mobile stuff they sell now. Put a softer shoulder cap if you must but those shoulders will stop injury much better than whats out now. And jokingly the pro stuff now used to be retail. All downhill retail wise since jofa. In quality, coverage, and protection. Go hold them up side by side for yourself and see. Shoot even go hold up an 11k shoulder to the above pro stock and then hold up the 11k next to this new stuff you'll see how fast the protection is declining.

Your putting profits over people, putting them at risk, and putting children at greater risk.

You not even giving the option of high level trunk protection anymore.

This really pisses me off.

If you want to change behavior take hitting out the game don't decrease protection injuring players to do so.

The response to the U+ Crazy Light/RBZ has proven that light and mobile is what the people want. Military grade shoulder pads are overkill for most recreational players and no shoulder pad is guaranteed to prevent injury all-together.

I think I understand what you're getting at, though. However, there are still options out there that are more protective than RBZs, but to justify high end price tags, the industry is selling performance or at least the illusion that "product x" will enhance your performance. It's the same as Jofa selling the illusion that their gear would enhance safety.

The bottom line is that every player has different needs. There are plenty of ways to add protection if retail offerings are not meeting your needs.

Edited by leftwinger37

Doesn't CCM/Reebok continue with the Reebok shinguards or are they similar as the new CCM Tacks shinguards?

The new Tacks shin guards are replacing the Reebok.

does anyone know If the standalone cages will launch along with the Fitlite helmets? Or is it only going to be available at first in the combo?

6/19 -

Easton Stealth stick line
CCM FitLite helmet/Ultra Tacks stick line

I really like the look of the new Tacks shoulder pads. They just might be what I get to finally start wearing normal shoulders again, if they fit me well of course. The Fit and CL shoulders both fit very well so that will be my second choice.

Hey guys, I'm JS, the skates product manager at CCM. I just wanted to address questions about fit differences on the CCM skates line that i saw in this thread.

For those wondering if the new JetSpeed fit will be the same as the RBZ, i wanted to clarify that it will actually be very different. We now have 3 distinct fits for our 3 skates. Here's a quick synopsis:

CCM JetSpeed:

The JetSpeed is a first-of-its-kind fit for CCM skates. A lot of players had been asking us for a skate that wraps closely and comfortably around all the key areas of the foot (heel, ankle, and forefoot). That's how the JetSpeed was designed. Using our new skate building technology called RocketFrame, we were able to create a skate boot which is shaped ergonomically, with high definition curves that keeps the skate completely connected around the heel and ankle area to lock the foot comfortably in the skate. The angles that the RocketFrame Technology provides to the boot also allows the forefoot area of the skate to curve and wrap around closely to the top of the foot.

The feedback on the JetSpeed has been fantastic. Many of our field testers have played with the skates right out of the box, no heat moulding. Others used head molding to micro customize the fit, to get it absolutely perfected. Everyone has been talking about the great heel lock from the deep pocket we have created in the skate.

Overall, players can expect a closer, more contoured fit in the JetSpeed with a true high definition heel lock and a medium volume skate.

CCM Ribcor 50K:
This skate is built off mindset that players should be able to have a comfortable and customizable fit in a high performance skate. Ribcor 50K consists of a more flexible boot construction through the ribbed areas of the quarter package connecting the stiffer composite inserts. It's a skate meant to feel agile on the ice.

The ComfortFrame technology used to build this skate consists of a dense EPP foam on the inside of the boot, which is very comfortable when pressed up against the forefoot. You'll feel it right out of the box. It allows the more narrow forefoot and sides of the skate to hug the inner and outer foot, with micro-customization that naturally forms the walls of the skate around the shape of the forefoot. The EPP foam is highly responsive and also allows a wider foot to fit in the skate, pushing the foam outward for players with a wider foot.

Of course, the Pump allows players to fully customize fit of the back of the skate, most notably the heel lock. The Pump's bladder fills up the empty space between the heel bone and ankle bones until the player feels a perfected, personalized fit, with their foot locked in the skate.

CCM Tacks

The Tacks skate is our stiffest skate construction with a wider heel and forefoot. The best way to explain it is a more "traditional" CCM fit which our long time customers have been accustomed to. The skate's stiffer construction is meant for players who seek the ultimate in energy transfer and red-line acceleration. The carbon composite inserts at strategic areas in the skate help generate the speed and performance, which also means heat molding these skates is the best way to get that personalized, molded fit and wrap around the forefoot to make it a nice, comfortable skate.

I hope this helps explain the different fit sensations that players will feel with each of our skates. We're extremely excited with our 2015 lineup!

• Like 7

Great explanation, thanks JS. Are you guys going to release a visual guide for dealers to illustrate? You did so with last year's skate lineup that I thought was fantastic.

• Like 1

Thanks! We absolutely will. I think it will be even clearer than last year. Just got the first draft back from the graphics team today, should be finalized and headed your way soon!

Great explanation, thanks JS. Are you guys going to release a visual guide for dealers to illustrate? You did so with last year's skate lineup that I thought was fantastic.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update JS, I'd just like to ask about some of the inferences I got from the description. Is the Jetspeed now slightly narrower through the toebox, slightly narrower in the heel pocket, and less deep than the Tacks?

ccmskatefitchart-2015_zpsoltij48t.jpg

Just came across this on IceWarehouse.com ....I'm assuming these are the most up to date?

lol wait, what? That's a Bauer diagram... I mean, cool if the CCM lineup is basically set up in the same way but still funny.

Sorry, but I'm a little confused about the fit profiles. I "thought" the older Reebok 20K, 18K, & etc had a larger fit profile (wider forefoot, toe box & etc)? Then when the Ribcore line came out, it was a narrower fit profile, with the RBZ taking the larger fit profile roll in the CCM/Reebok lineup ( with Tacks sitting somewhere in the middle).

So, are they (CCM) now saying the Tacks/RBZ line is equivalent in the terms of fit profile, to the older Reebok 20K, 18K, & etc?

Thanks!

Edited by CB1

No, you'll still likely have luck fitting into the Ribcors. It is confusing for sure, but the overall shape of the Reebok/Ribcor generation is comparatively more similar to each other than to, say RBZ or Tacks.

Edited by AIREAYE

The image suggest that rbz and tacks will fit the same, which isn't the case.

Also a bit disappointed that the jetspeed apparently will have a different fit than the rbz, was hoping for the same fit in the forefoot area and a little more contured fit in the ankle area with same (or even a little more) depth

Hi Jonesy,

Below is the best way to describe the fit of the JetSpeed in comparison to the Tacks from a dimensions standpoint. I'd also like to clarify that because the constructions and materials are different from one model to the next, the sensation that one feels can differ, regardless of dimensions.

The JetSpeed is more narrow in the toe box. Since the quarter package is very wrapped and contoured, then the top cap is more narrow than the tacks.

The Heel Pocket is differently shaped, with a very high definition heel lock (creates a deeper pocket). You will feel the skate wrap around the heel.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update JS, I'd just like to ask about some of the inferences I got from the description. Is the Jetspeed now slightly narrower through the toebox, slightly narrower in the heel pocket, and less deep than the Tacks?

In regards to the fit profile diagram some of you have asked about: CCM will be sharing its own, very descriptive diagram with retailers shortly, that reflect the points i mentioned in the thread earlier in a clear fashion. Stay tuned.

Just came across this on IceWarehouse.com ....I'm assuming these are the most up to date?

Hi CB1

In general, the dimensions of the Reebok skates have been similar over the years as Aireaye noted, and this has been carried into the new CCM Ribcor line. Some materials changed which may have given different sensations, but the CCM Ribcor fit and sensation will be familiar for those who enjoyed the Reebok Ribcor.

By reducing the volume in the JetSpeed skate in comparison to Tacks and RBZ, (by giving it a more contoured, shaped fit that it closer to the foot), it has made the Tacks skate the widest forefoot/largest volume skate in our 2015 line. RBZ, which was the largest, is no longer in the 2015 line.

Hope this helps, if not you can reach out to me directly, would be happy to help.

JS

Sorry, but I'm a little confused about the fit profiles. I "thought" the older Reebok 20K, 18K, & etc had a larger fit profile (wider forefoot, toe box & etc)? Then when the Ribcore line came out, it was a narrower fit profile, with the RBZ taking the larger fit profile roll in the CCM/Reebok lineup ( with Tacks sitting somewhere in the middle).

So, are they (CCM) now saying the Tacks/RBZ line is equivalent in the terms of fit profile, to the older Reebok 20K, 18K, & etc?

Thanks!

Edited by BelangerJS
  • Like 2

Assuming the Tacks line is replacing the Reebok pants, do the new Tacks pants have a similar fit to say the 16/20k pants?

I found the RBZ line to be a bit bigger, more of a "traditional" or even bigger yet, fit then taper

I also didn't find the Reeboks to fit taper like, but just a bit bigger than say a Vapor, but smaller then the RBZ, like in between

do I even make sense?? LOL

anyone try them on yet?

Edited by enis750