Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Is the D30 SMART FOAM the same as the Crazy Light U FOAM? in the Ultra Light pants. Also are these pants a spin off of the CCM 7000's in terms of fit?

Ok so I just watched a video on the D30 Foam. interesting to say the least. I remember seeing something on downhill skiers using this sort of tech in their gear protective gear during the Olympics. Curious though, Nowhere do they say that it is a more than one time use kind of thing. Meaning that once there is impact to the foam, will it be able to do the exact same thing time and time again?

Edited by A2rhino

Thanks! We absolutely will. I think it will be even clearer than last year. Just got the first draft back from the graphics team today, should be finalized and headed your way soon!

Speaking of which, how's the progress on that skate guide?

I'm looking at getting new gloves for this fall and I keep going back and forth between the CCM Tacks 6052 and the Bauer X80. Has anyone tried out either of them? I don't want to get crazy and drop a bunch of money on gloves that'll be used for beer league and pond hockey. I've got CCM 4 rolls right now and I like how they feel but they won't last too much longer. If anyone else has any gloves that they've really liked I'd definitely be open to other ideas. I'd like to stay with CCM just because that's what I've always used and I like them a lot but if the price is right I would try a different brand.

Was disappointed the learn the Ultra Tacks stick doesn't offer the P19.

The p29 is their "new" curve in the same style as the p19, just deeper.

I used the Tacks 6052 at SummerJam and I liked them. They were comfortable and very mobile. I am not sure about protection as I couldn't run my normal tests on them but I enjoyed my time with them a lot to the point that I went back to them during the event over my normal gloves.

The p29 is their "new" curve in the same style as the p19, just deeper.

I was able to talk to the CCM rep and use the P29 at SummerJam this past weekend. The P29 is far more aggressive than the P19, it's deeper and more open. I used it for most of the day. I thought the P19 blade had a bigger more forgiving sweet spot, where as with the P29 you had to be right on it. I believe it had more rocker as well. The P29 seems to be a more exact clone of the Sakic/Hall/Draper patterns.

I used the 6052 glove as well. I really liked them, only drawback I saw was ventilation, they were a bit warm (FWIW I found this to be an issue with CCM 4 rolls as well). Overall, a nice comfortable glove with great mobility.

Edited by stick9

I used the 6052 glove as well. I really liked them, only drawback I saw was ventilation, they were a bit warm (FWIW I found this to be an issue with CCM 4 rolls as well). Overall, a nice comfortable glove with great mobility.

+1. My son really likes the 6052 as well, but mentioned they were a little hot, the first few times using them . Hoping once they break in a bit (from the tapered fit) that it isn't that bad. He hasn't mentioned it lately.

I was at my lhs and saw a pair of CCM Jetspeeds that are made in Canada. I was at totally separate lhs where I saw a pair of CCM Jetspeeds that are made in Taiwan.

Why are CCM Jetspeeds made in two separate countries?

Edited by Jagrmullet

Quick question for anyone who knows. I am a huge fan of the Ribcor line and when I bought the 40K I liked the P87A and I was hoping that would be on the next line, but it's not. Now they have the P29 which is more like the old P87 but neither is anything like P87A (which I would assume was to be geared toward a younger demographic and thats why they created it). Now the P19(Nugent-Hopkins) is very similar (if not better in my opinion) to the P87A; however, they are not selling that curve on the any of the three new sticks! So my questions: why do they specifiy certain blade patterns to certain lines? And where in the heck did RNH go?

I purchased the CCM Jetspeeds and I can attest to the fit. I wore Bauer supreme one80s for 4 years so my foot is very used to that fit. My foot is pretty normal: little wide, normal arch, normal toes, size 12. The heel lock on the Jetspeeds is amazing, I can really feel it lock in there and not want to move, ankle support is great (I like my skates to be very tight so I have better balance), and the comfort and weight are phenomenal. The boot is like putting your foot in a memory foam pillow, soft but firm, and the skates don't feel heavy or make me more tired than normal. The runners are great, dig in nicely with a 3/8 cut with good balance. The only thing I would say is right above the toe box where the tongue begins squeezes my foot. I attempted to bake the skates and that made the problem a little better but at the collegiate hockey level I can feel a little pain after an hour long practice and I hope this goes away after a little more breaking in. I have not attempted to use the custom insoles yet but I need to. If there is any interest in those let me know.

Anyone tried the Jetspeed and would provide Feedback? Vs ccm tacks, Bauer Skates ...

• Like 1

Quick question for anyone who knows. I am a huge fan of the Ribcor line and when I bought the 40K I liked the P87A and I was hoping that would be on the next line, but it's not. Now they have the P29 which is more like the old P87 but neither is anything like P87A (which I would assume was to be geared toward a younger demographic and thats why they created it). Now the P19(Nugent-Hopkins) is very similar (if not better in my opinion) to the P87A; however, they are not selling that curve on the any of the three new sticks! So my questions: why do they specifiy certain blade patterns to certain lines? And where in the heck did RNH go?

P29 is very similar to the P92/E3/W03 etc., not like the P87. It's rather close to P87A and P19 RNH though, just deeper. P19 is the same exact curve as P87A.

Not really answering your end question, so hopefully someone else will chime in, but I hoped to help clarify some of the differences.

P29 is very similar to the P92/E3/W03 etc., not like the P87. It's rather close to P87A and P19 RNH though, just deeper. P19 is the same exact curve as P87A.

Not really answering your end question, so hopefully someone else will chime in, but I hoped to help clarify some of the differences.

From what I've observed looking at curves the P29 is not very similar to the P92. The P92 is almost identical (slightly more closed) to the P87A. I own both curves right now.

Not to contradict your perception, but that's not what CCM went for. You're the first to say that the P92 is almost identical to the P87A. Consider angle of viewing, tape, shadows etc.

I recently purchased a pair of Jetspeed Senior skates of ebay for a great price. They are a size 10.5D. Great fit except the feeling after one skate was they were too tight in the heel. Squeezing me heel like I had with Bauer 6000 about 12 years ago. Presently i have been skating in 852 size 11E. Love the comfort but not the response. Also at 54, I wanted to get a lighter skate, hence the purchase of the Jetspeed. I wore them once, pre-bake and lasted two shifts. I just baked them at home, but the heel still felt tight. I will see what they are like tomorrow eve. Not including the pain of course, they are a great performing skate.

Anybody know about heel width? Will I eventually get the heel wider through baking? Or do I really need a EE width?