Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonguesOUT4life

Easton Stealth CX Stick

I have been searching for threads that are in discussion about this new stick with no success. If anyone has links please hit me up. . I'm wondering how this new stealth line compares to the s19 I have read a few articles on Google. I'm the kind of player who leans into my shot with almost the exact technique phill Kessel shoots with. What I know so far is Easton made this stick for him. I cannot seem to adapt to any stick on the market that's not a total one nxg and u HATE the new mx3 stick and the vapor or nexus line just doesn't work for me. I felt soo confident every time I shot with the nxg every shot was soo quick and accurate. I'm praying that the cx will give me that same feeling and I was wondering if any of you had experience with that stick.

Stealth CX is almost the same as V9E.

V9E was developed as a succession model of RS2 and it also can be traced to S19. Stealth CX is the latest model of the Elliptical Taper pedigree.

Stealth CX's inside is completely the same as V9E. The difference between the models is no hosel or not so. No hosel V9E is Stealth CX.

Does anyone know where I will be able to find these in the optional colors? Seems all the major players are selling it only in the White/gold and black.

Does anyone know where I will be able to find these in the optional colors? Seems all the major players are selling it only in the White/gold and black.

The CX is predominately black/carbon in color with flashes of metallic gold and white but Easton has three additional colors scheduled for later this year including metallic red, metallic blue, and chrome.

http://site.hockeymonkey.com/blog/2015/05/19/a-first-look-at-the-easton-stealth-cx-stick/

I've had nothing but problems with Easton blades crapping out after a handful of games. It gets to the point where you can examine the blade before purchase and know where it's going to crack. I'll wait for more opinions on it before I decide to try one.

I've had nothing but problems with Easton blades crapping out after a handful of games. It gets to the point where you can examine the blade before purchase and know where it's going to crack. I'll wait for more opinions on it before I decide to try one.

This 100%.

I've been stuck in a huge rut for years because my favorite stick is their S17 and that's when the blades started to really tank.

I recently was given a HTX and the blade is starting to go a month in. Very skeptical on the CX's blades as well.

This 100%.

I've been stuck in a huge rut for years because my favorite stick is their S17 and that's when the blades started to really tank.

I recently was given a HTX and the blade is starting to go a month in. Very skeptical on the CX's blades as well.

Easton's blades are so hit and miss. Its been like that over the years.......The new 60 day warranty is nice, but I'm still weary.

Grip Synergy- Hit

Si-Core- Big miss

Original Stealth- Hit

Synergy SL- HUGE Miss (Probably the worst blade Easton produced)

Synergy SE-Hit

CNT- Hit (It got soft, but didn't crack)

S17- Miss

S19- Hit

SE16- Hit

Mako/Mako II- Hit?

V9/V9E- Big Miss

So far, I've been somewhat lucky. Despite the heel of my custom pro stock V9E stick dressed as a CX... being severely chipped, it's still holding on (it kind of came that way... manufacture defect)! Otherwise, I haven't had any blade issues. Looks like their pro stock construction of the blade holds up much, much (unsurprisingly) better than their retail version.

I was going to say the same thing Chip.I rarely brake a blade but the s17 was replaced

twice with broken blades.

I used elliptical Easton's for quite a while as I love the release they give. I used the S19, the RS, RSii and V9e. My blades did not chip per se, but all my blades went soft more quickly than my current Warrior DT1 ST's. Also, I broke them all towards the blade side of the fuse point...basically right on the elliptical portion of the shaft. My final complaint was the finish on the S19 and V9e's was poor in that it chipped instantly. But like I said, I loved the release of them early in their lives! Hopefully, the new Stealth CX addresses some of these issues!!!

Soft blades help us to shoot better. So certainly number of pros are choosing soft blade option for their stick. But it is really breakable. Normal retail sticks are made like so, soft. I break the blade after 3 shots if I use retail products.

Pros can use such soft blade because they are sponsored from companies. But we aren't. So I love pro custom, PRO blade for long time. Honestly I think that for only shooting soft blades include retail blades are better than hard, PRO blade. But it is only for first 3 shots. After broken inside of the blade, retail blade would be really suck.

I'm not professional player. So I choose PRO blade's durability. It's important for most of players without such great sponsored professional player.

Pro sticks are paid for by the team. Being sponsored for the most part means the player gets a modest, and I mean really modest, chunk of change or sister company merchandise (ie. golf clubs).

Soft blades help us to shoot better. So certainly number of pros are choosing soft blade option for their stick. But it is really breakable. Normal retail sticks are made like so, soft. I break the blade after 3 shots if I use retail products.

Pros can use such soft blade because they are sponsored from companies. But we aren't. So I love pro custom, PRO blade for long time. Honestly I think that for only shooting soft blades include retail blades are better than hard, PRO blade. But it is only for first 3 shots. After broken inside of the blade, retail blade would be really suck.

I'm not professional player. So I choose PRO blade's durability. It's important for most of players without such great sponsored

professional player.

What?

English isn't his first language, but he puts a lot of thought into his posts. If you really don't understand, then ask him to clarify. If you're just trolling, then do it somewhere else.

Translated for those who are incompetent:

Softer blades tend to help us to shoot better. So that's why many pros are choosing softer blades options for their sticks. But...unfortunately, they're just not durable. Retail sticks are made too soft, as I managed to break a retail blade after only taking 3 shots!.

Pros can afford to use a softer blade because they are sponsored by the stick manufacturer. We aren't.

Personally, I love the pro customized sticks as the blade will usually be more durable. Honestly, I think that for those who are mainly beer-leaguers, soft blades, including retail blades, are just way better than any hard PRO style blade. But, again, that retail blade may only last for 3 shots. After that, the blade may become useless and... well... that would really suck.

By the way, I'm not a professional; however, I will choose a customize PRO blade over a retail blade any day because of its durability. Durability is important for those of us without such financial backing/sponsorship.

Translated for those who are incompetent:

Thank you for clarifying, my incompetence prevents me from living a fulfilling social life, so I instead devote all my time obsessing over hockey equipment. So thank you for your assistance ?

i'm sorry for my poor English, appreciate mc88!

I've received an answering. I will order my 3rd custom order stick with Stealth CX. I will order it 80flex to 60-3/8". It will be 50~55flex by normally 66-3/8" sticks (retail is 65-3/8").

"Expensive" is a relative term. Mimizk has his own pattern and knows what he wants, and would seem like he is comfortable with what going the custom route costs.

Zach