Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
AIREAYE

CCM P29 curve

Have any of you guys seen the upcoming CCM P29 Crosby pattern? I'm a little confused to what it actually will be.

The 2015 CCM catalog that is posted here lists it as a P92 clone. However, I have 2 discrepancies in my experience with it. Firstly, the copy of the 2015 catalog that I have in my store lists the P29 as Toews and Hall clone for some reason. This contradicts with a sample P29 curve that I also have, which resembles a cross between the PM9 and P88 with a higher lie than both.

Anybody else have samples of the new UltraTacks stick w/ P29?

If it's the same one as here in Europe then yeah, it's a deeper version of the P19. Still not as deep and has less toe than the P92. It's almost like a mix of P88 and P92.

FFeStpt.jpg

fe5DooL.jpg

Sorry about the crappy iPad pics.

If it's the same one as here in Europe then yeah, it's a deeper version of the P19. Still not as deep and has less toe than the P92. It's almost like a mix of P88 and P92.

Sorry about the crappy iPad pics.

Yeah, that 2nd picture looks about right.

What's the blade length and shape like in comparison to the P92? I'm particularly interested in the toe height. Love my P92, but wish it wasn't so open. I think my ideal curve would be a P92 shape with P88 curve. I can shoot rockets with the P88 but my puck handling is better with the P92.

What's the blade length and shape like in comparison to the P92? I'm particularly interested in the toe height. Love my P92, but wish it wasn't so open. I think my ideal curve would be a P92 shape with P88 curve. I can shoot rockets with the P88 but my puck handling is better with the P92.

That's exactly the same situation with me! Have you tried CCM old P19 curve? I've found P19 by far the most ideal curve for me.

If you go to your LHS and hold a p92 lie 6 and a p92 lie 5 together by the blades with a p29 in the middle, you'll find that the p29 is a lower lie than the p92 lie 6 and a higher lie than the p92 lie 5. So, I guess that makes it a 5.5 lie? 

I switched to the CCM P29 curve coming from a Warrior W88 curve (clone of Bauer P88).  I'm finding it a bit tough to adjust to stickhandling with this new curve (shooting is fantastic though).  Does anyone have tips?  I feel like the P29 has a huge rocker compared to the W88/P88.  I end up trying to stickhandle on the heel of the curve.  Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?  Should I cut my stick the same length as I did with the W88/P88?  Thanks for your help.

6 hours ago, qmechanic said:

I switched to the CCM P29 curve coming from a Warrior W88 curve (clone of Bauer P88).  I'm finding it a bit tough to adjust to stickhandling with this new curve (shooting is fantastic though).  Does anyone have tips?  I feel like the P29 has a huge rocker compared to the W88/P88.  I end up trying to stickhandle on the heel of the curve.  Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?  Should I cut my stick the same length as I did with the W88/P88?  Thanks for your help.

P29 is my favourite CCM blade pattern, I always have at least one stick with it and have been using the pattern for a number of years on and off. It was a European blade for a long time before it hit the US.

I switch to and from the P88 occasionally as well so I think I know what you are talking about. IMO the P29 has a larger rocker which in my opinion makes it a bit more adaptable with the stick length you use. I personally make all my sticks the same length now regardless of rocker, curve or lie so I don't think 1-2inches shorter or longer will make too much of a difference with that blade pattern.

With that said, stick length is all personal preference, so give it a bit more of a chance and if you are still not feeling right after a few more skates with it you should consider adding or cutting an inch off and see if there is improvement. If you are too much on the heel then cutting an inch seems logical, however, adjusting your hand/arm/elbow position/mechanics will also sort that out too. 

• Like 1

I have been using a E36 Easton for many years now and the closest I found to that was the P40 but i'm not a big fan of the square toe on that CCM pattern. Is the CCM P29 easy to adjust to from an E36(or p88 in Bauer).

On 3/29/2017 at 9:09 AM, jlt73 said:

I love the P29!

I started off using a P88 and then tried a P28.  Everything really clicked with the P29.

Right on. I tried the e28 and hated it. Shooting was incredible but I couldn't stick handle with it to save my life. I have 3 Easton Synergy HTX in E36 left before I need to find a suitable replacement brand.

• Like 1

i see alot of different opinions on these curves and was just wondering if anyone went from a p92 lie 6 to a p29. since the "lie" seems to be up in the air. So is the P29 a Lie 5 or what?

8 hours ago, Circa6683 said:

i see alot of different opinions on these curves and was just wondering if anyone went from a p92 lie 6 to a p29. since the "lie" seems to be up in the air. So is the P29 a Lie 5 or what?

It's definitely not a Lie 5.

I compared a P29 to a True TC 2 Lie 6 yesterday while looking at some sticks and it was the same lie from what I can tell. Also compare the P29 to a True TC 3 Lie 5.5 and the lie was different IMO. So if the P-29 isn't a Lie 6 I would be very surprised. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Circa6683 said:

I went from a Bauer P92 to a CCM P29.  Lie is exactly the same.  The only difference is that the P29 is very slightly less open, (it's almost not noticeable and has zero effect on the way the stick plays).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boo10 said:

I went from a Bauer P92 to a CCM P29.  Lie is exactly the same.  The only difference is that the P29 is very slightly less open, (it's almost not noticeable and has zero effect on the way the stick plays).

Thank you!