Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2015 Warrior Hockey Catalogue (protective)

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/192-2015-warrior-hockey-catalogue/

We are doing a different format for Warrior this time - since they have staggered launches we will review as the product gets closer to being in stores.

Gloves - New glove line for Covert, which is Warrior's tapered fit line. Starting with the QR1 glove, which is EXTREMELY light, mainly due to the new protective package, which is named Phantom. It is a blend of EPP foams, with a Bone System (which dates back to the original Projekt glove, which was best-in-class on protection) pod on top of it. The glove also features Warrior's first ever flexible thumb, which is named Axis. The glove is also rounded out with a SmartPalm (which eliminates the side pad that is on most gloves on the market and integrates with the entire glove) and continues with the Polygiene liner that was debuted on the AX1 glove last season.

The QR Pro glove has all of the features named above, but a different (nash) palm with a traditional side pad.

Protective - new Dynasty line for protective, which starts with the HD1 series. On the shoulder pad, you're seeing the latest evolution of SmartCap on the shoulder cap, as well as a new jacket, that is extremely flexible with the IST Gusset. The elbow pad features SmartCap, as well as a sling wrap strap to hold the pad in place. On the forearm, there is a perforated slash guard that helps with ventilation. The shin pad has SmartCap, as well as a sling wrap strap that goes below the knee and a single strap for the calf wing, which is perforated as well. All of the pads have the FnC liner that is on all high-end Warrior product. The Pro line changes colors (it's white) and is what is offered to pro teams in terms of features. Traditional jacket on the shoulder pads, and the elbow pads have an extended forearm (think Jofa xx55)

One item that seems to get a bit of buzz is the Dynasty girdle. There's a lot to like here if you are a girdle guy - you're getting foams and plastic on the thigh and hips, and perforated foams everywhere else in the pad. You're getting a 50/fifty spine and kidney pad, as well as Polygiene liner. Integrated cup as well.

• Like 1

HD pros look intriguing. Nice to know I'll be able to replace my 8K pros if/when they ever break down without taking out a second mortgage. Finally some love at the retail level for the long armed guys!

• Like 1

What exactly is the difference between the HD1 and HD Pro? I see a few minor things here and there, such as wrist protection, and some differences in design slightly (ribs on the shin pad vs flat on pro shin pad calf protector), color, and about 20 bucks extra for the HD1 line.

Protection wise though, if you're not concerned about some ventilated foam pads in a few places, is there any reason to spend the extra money? Am I missing something? Is the fit better on HD1, is it slightly better quality, lighter?

Thanks.

That's why I still wear my Reebok 7k shoulder pads. Why does everyone make the caps so big now??

Note to Warrior: make the shoulder caps lower profile. The current caps make you look like this:

Not necessarily. Smaller caps can be better placed closer to the body and most of today's pads have a lot of overlapping coverage so there is no loss in protection.

Not necessarily. Smaller caps can be better placed closer to the body and most of today's pads have a lot of overlapping coverage so there is no loss in protection.

not to mention the materials etc can be better at absorbing impact

So I've tried on the QR Pro gloves and I must say...I'm very disappointed.

Palm felt stiff and...papery, not thin per se but it's not as soft and supple as other competing Nash palms on other high end gloves.

The worst part was the way the thumb fit. The angle of the thumb was cut such that it was actually pushing in my thumb at the base of the knuckle, where thumb meets palm. Very uncomfortable.

So I've tried on the QR Pro gloves and I must say...I'm very disappointed.

Palm felt stiff and...papery, not thin per se but it's not as soft and supple as other competing Nash palms on other high end gloves.

The worst part was the way the thumb fit. The angle of the thumb was cut such that it was actually pushing in my thumb at the base of the knuckle, where thumb meets palm. Very uncomfortable.

yeah, I too am not huge on the Pros, but the QR1 I felt at WF were amazing. Hoping to find them in store again soon so I can make sure it wasn't just my hands getting tired of trying on tons of gloves, but if I like em as much as I remember, prob gonna get a pair customizeded!

AIREAYE - did you also try on the QR1 gloves? I tried on both the QR1 and QR Pro gloves at Winterfest and found the QR1 gloves to be noticeably more comfortable. I only had them on my hands for about 30 seconds, but it was obvious after putting the QR1 on one hand and the QR Pro on the other. I'd say the most comfortable gloves I tried on at Winterfest were the STX Surgeon 500 and the Warrior QR1 gloves.

I'm new to this forum and thought I would chime in on this topic. The new QR1 gloves look identical to the Covert DT1 model. Is there anything different besides the name?

Flex Thumb

10 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

Has anyone tried or used the QR1 gloves? I found some for 75 bucks any advice?

I just picked them up on Monday for $100 on sale. Unfortunately our game this week got cancelled because only two people on the other team showed. So I've only practiced in them. They're comfortable, padding feels good and solid, construction is good. Sorry I don't have more info yet. Haha.