Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scandala

Replacement Blades for Different Size Skates (Yes, it is weird)

So about 6 years ago I purchased a pair of Bauer Vapor XXV's from a big hockey chain in the midwest. I wore them for about three years before one of my friends who sharpens skates asked me if there was a reason that my skates were different sizes. I had no clue that this was the case. When I tried on the skates I was torn between two sizes. Like most people, one foot is slightly larger than the other. They ended up helping me out by giving me one size 8 and one size 7 1/2. This is why I never even knew, because the skates fit so well.

To my question. I need to get new steel for my skates. I have Tuuk holders and I am thinking that I will need to buy two different size blades to fit the holders. I really don't want to spend the money to buy two different sets of runners, but I will if I that is the only way. Anyone have any thoughts or know of a place that could get me single blades?

Thanks.

Are they EE or D width? If EE, both will be 272mm, and you do not need to order two separate pairs of runners. If they are D, you will need one 272mm and one 263mm. Look for the little numbers stamped on the back post of the holder to be sure.

You could always call up a store and see if they'll do a special order for you. Most probably would not, but if the chain you went to let you split sizes on the skates, I might start with them because that's pretty unusual (and great customer service.)