Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

How did you stick them to the top of the toe box? Mine feel like they've got tounge felt there. I want to order them, but I'd like to make sure they're comparable with my mako ii's

When ordering specify mako skates and they will send you the thinner insert that will fit the toebox. The top of the inserts have adhesive on them and I just unlaced the boot and stuck it to the top of the toe cap. They have been in my skates for about 4 months now and no issues with them becoming loose or falling off . Really love the product.

• Like 1

My 11yo peewee son loves his Powerfoot in his Mako M8's. As mentioned above, Adrenaline Design has some of the best customer service I've ever seen, in any industry, and seriously, for $20 or so, why not give it a shot!?

During practice yesterday, they were doing lots of corner battle drills and my son is already one of the best player on the team at protecting the puck and battling along the boards. A coach for the bantams, who hasn't seen him play lately, watched him winning just about every 50/50 and hanging on the puck, came up to me and complimented how nicely he's coming along... Ever since he's been wearing his Powerfoot inserts, I've noticed my kid's skating has improved so much along with his new Mako's. My kid tells me that he feels more in touch with the ice and his crossovers, edges & crosby's are stronger than ever. Very happy with my purchase of the Powerfoot and I'll be getting a pair for myself soon!

Wow! Great to hear you enjoy our service and that your son is really benefiting from the POWERFOOT. I would love to post this review on some of our social feed and website, let me know if you’re ok with that.

Thanks again for the support!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give them a try.

Great! Also keep in mind that you don't “have” to stick them in. A lot of the pros that wear them go with 2-3 sets at a time so they can take them out to dry. They skate twice a day though... if only we were so lucky. I also don't stick mine in, the main reason for me is so that I can take them out in the dressing room when someone asks about them.

I look forward to hearing what you think!

Inserts made my skates more comfortable as I expected. Haven't noticed any performance gains though. Anyway, I'm a happy customer.

Hey JSK81, this is usually the feedback we get when they're not thick enough. The performance will come from the pressure. You should only be able to move your toes about 1/8". Did you try adding the shims? What skate are you in, size and brand?

Glad you’re a happy customer… looking to give you moreJ

just grouped all of my answers into one post, any way I can avoid that?

Great! Also keep in mind that you don't “have” to stick them in. A lot of the pros that wear them go with 2-3 sets at a time so they can take them out to dry. They skate twice a day though... if only we were so lucky. I also don't stick mine in, the main reason for me is so that I can take them out in the dressing room when someone asks about them.

Have you found people having a hard time keeping them stuck to the felt in Mako ii boxes? I already ordered a set so I'm committed either way. I have a boot dryer I dry my skates with so I'm not worried about them drying, and I'm sort of a set it and forget type of guy, so I'd like them to stay put.

I was pleased to find a discount code online, and with the Canadian conversion rate, mine were well under $20 US with shipping. Looking forward to try them.

Have you found people having a hard time keeping them stuck to the felt in Mako ii boxes? I already ordered a set so I'm committed either way. I have a boot dryer I dry my skates with so I'm not worried about them drying, and I'm sort of a set it and forget type of guy, so I'd like them to stay put.

I was pleased to find a discount code online, and with the Canadian conversion rate, mine were well under $20 US with shipping. Looking forward to try them.

No we haven't, we use a high quality 3M double sided tape and if installed correctly you'll be ripping it out when you're ready for a new set :) Just make sure you skates are dry when you stick them in. Moisture will affect the adhesive.

90% of POWERFOOT users will stick them in, like you will, and for the same reason… they don’t want to have to 1- remember them [tough enough to remember your skates half the time lol] and 2- install them every game. Just wanted to let you and anyone else reading along know they have the option.

Thanks for the support, be sure to let us know how it goes!

No we haven't, we use a high quality 3M double sided tape and if installed correctly you'll be ripping it out when you're ready for a new set :) Just make sure you skates are dry when you stick them in. Moisture will affect the adhesive.

90% of POWERFOOT users will stick them in, like you will, and for the same reason… they don’t want to have to 1- remember them [tough enough to remember your skates half the time lol] and 2- install them every game. Just wanted to let you and anyone else reading along know they have the option.

Thanks for the support, be sure to let us know how it goes!

Sounds good. And I wanted to say that your participation on this site, along with the customer service others have shared here on the boards, were a major factor in my purchase. I wish other companies were as proactive in pleasing their customers as your's seems.

• Like 2

I installed them on my APX2s. I have custom insoles that are thicker than the standard ones which already take up some volume so I ended up not using the shims. Tried them but the toebox felt uncomfortably tight even after a while and my toes went numb.

To be honest, I never expected them to affect my performance, I just wanted the same kind of snug toebox feel as on my Makos.

• Like 1

Just got my set in today, can't wait to try these out. I've been using lower volume skates for awhile but recently started breaking in a pair of Nexus. The Nexus toe box feels significantly taller than what I'm used to and I seem to "swim" around a bit too much but the rest of the boot fits like a charm, here's to hoping these are the problem solver!

Sounds good. And I wanted to say that your participation on this site, along with the customer service others have shared here on the boards, were a major factor in my purchase. I wish other companies were as proactive in pleasing their customers as your's seems.

Glad to hear! I was concerned that our involvement in the forums would be considered "spammy". This is why made it clear who we were and what we wanted to acheive here. Also, I love hockey so being a part of this forum is great! We also understand that our product is very new as well as our company and we want to do everything we can to spread the word and make sure we take care of our customers. Thanks again!

I installed them on my APX2s. I have custom insoles that are thicker than the standard ones which already take up some volume so I ended up not using the shims. Tried them but the toebox felt uncomfortably tight even after a while and my toes went numb.

To be honest, I never expected them to affect my performance, I just wanted the same kind of snug toebox feel as on my Makos.

If you're happy, we're happy!

Just got my set in today, can't wait to try these out. I've been using lower volume skates for awhile but recently started breaking in a pair of Nexus. The Nexus toe box feels significantly taller than what I'm used to and I seem to "swim" around a bit too much but the rest of the boot fits like a charm, here's to hoping these are the problem solver!

Nice, welcome to team POWERFOOT! Make sure you add the Shim...Bauer has the largest toebox and 95% of players take the shim with theirs. Let us know how it goes!

They kinda just wedge in and then you carefully slide your foot in. I did that a couple times to find whether I liked with or without the shim. They didn't move at all when playing. I then adhered them and they have been holding tight since late April.

• Like 1

How do they stay put if you don't stick them in? Or if you have multiple pairs of skates?

Yup flyers10 nailed it. They won't move at all once you get your foot in. We actually suggest the first few sessions should be done this way to make sure you get the right fit [shim or not]. Here is a demo video that shows it in action… Don’t be offended by the socks ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-4tpd7mFc

• Like 2

Yup flyers10 nailed it. They won't move at all once you get your foot in. We actually suggest the first few sessions should be done this way to make sure you get the right fit [shim or not]. Here is a demo video that shows it in action… Don’t be offended by the socks ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-4tpd7mFc

Haha I don't mind the socks.

The video was helpful and answered my question. Thanks Mike!

I bought some for my Alkali roller hockey skates a couple of months ago here in the UK.

The Alkalis in general are a really heat moldable boot...adding the powerfoot insert made the boot feel even snugger in the toe box. At first it was a little strange, but in a good way.

One of the things i noticed was i feel a bit more "at one" with the boot- all round now. I feel a lot more on my toes whilst turning (which is always helpful as inline skates have no rocker)

I personally think they are worth it.

• Like 1

I bought some for my Alkali roller hockey skates a couple of months ago here in the UK.

The Alkalis in general are a really heat moldable boot...adding the powerfoot insert made the boot feel even snugger in the toe box. At first it was a little strange, but in a good way.

One of the things i noticed was i feel a bit more "at one" with the boot- all round now. I feel a lot more on my toes whilst turning (which is always helpful as inline skates have no rocker)

I personally think they are worth it.

Great feedback and we hear that "I feel at one" or "I feel the ice / surface more" a lot. Thanks for spreading the word @sss1987!

Happened to stumble across this topic, just ordered myself a pair as well.

Very keen to try these!

Nice, Another Team POWERFOOT member from down under! Did you know that Nathan Walker is a big fan and wearing them!?

"Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" :)

• Like 1

Hey Mike!

I wear a 5.5 skate (technically junior) but I'm a lot older than that. Should I still use the JR powerfoot insert? (May be a dumb question but I want to make sure before I order)

• Like 1

Hey Mike!

I wear a 5.5 skate (technically junior) but I'm a lot older than that. Should I still use the JR powerfoot insert? (May be a dumb question but I want to make sure before I order)

Hey Bolt ... Not a dumb question at all. The JR/SR only represents the size [not age], that being said you're real close. Technically right on the line [JR goes from Y13 to 5.5]. I would lean towards the SR as you can modify it down if you really had too. Also the brand of skate comes in to play as well. The great thing is we look at your skate size and brand when you place an order so we can make sure we suggest the best options for you.

Also, keep in mind the POWERFOOT comes with a satisfaction guarantee, if the initial POWERFOOT sent doesn't fit the toebox [see what I did there! lol] we’ll make sure we get you the right size.

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your interest in the POWERFOOT!