Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

9 hours ago, Hank_33 said:

Went ahead and ordered a pair. Excited to try them in my new Super Tacks

3 hours ago, jgold47 said:

have mine on the way as well. 

Welcome to team POWERFOOT ! Let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Played last night with the inserts in 1X skates without the shim and Superfeet carbon insoles. My main concern was that I'd get a cramping feeling in my toes from having the insert straighten my toes out but nothing like that, pretty comfortable, though I can still curl my toes just fine. Didn't really notice a difference so will need to try with the shims.

skated with these on Sunday.  I didnt use shims and I didnt secure them. I cant say they made me skate any better, but darn if they didnt feel good in there.  Really increased the comfort level.  I give it two years before every skate has a soft foam toe cap.   I'll try the shims to see if that makes any more of a difference.  Based on the price I rate this a 50/50 purchase.  Will update as I continue to skate 

Ive been using the thicker inserts in my NXGs for the past 10 days, skated approximately 30 hours.

My top 2 comments are that they definitely help really lock the heel in and since I skate so much at hockey clinics, the inserts really reduce the stress on my knees by my toes not lifting, the muscles aren't activated in the leg.

I would definitely recommend these to my fellow members on here and MikeBoyarchuk has been great to chat with!

Edited by ibeck
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2016 at 5:07 PM, jbyun04 said:

Played last night with the inserts in 1X skates without the shim and Superfeet carbon insoles. My main concern was that I'd get a cramping feeling in my toes from having the insert straighten my toes out but nothing like that, pretty comfortable, though I can still curl my toes just fine. Didn't really notice a difference so will need to try with the shims.

Hey jbyun04!

Thanks for posting... did you get a chance to test them out with the shim? If so, how'd it go?

On 8/16/2016 at 7:50 PM, jgold47 said:

skated with these on Sunday.  I didnt use shims and I didnt secure them. I cant say they made me skate any better, but darn if they didnt feel good in there.  Really increased the comfort level.  I give it two years before every skate has a soft foam toe cap.   I'll try the shims to see if that makes any more of a difference.  Based on the price I rate this a 50/50 purchase.  Will update as I continue to skate 

Hey Jgold47! Thanks for posting and we sure hope you'e right! In my opinion the POWERFOOT should be offered with every new skate to ensure the best fit. If you're only feeling a comfort advantage that could be because there is not enough pressure. The shim would definitely help with that... Did you get a chance to test them out with the shim? Did it add more of a performance feel to them?

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

On 8/20/2016 at 8:31 PM, ibeck said:

Ive been using the thicker inserts in my NXGs for the past 10 days, skated approximately 30 hours.

My top 2 comments are that they definitely help really lock the heel in and since I skate so much at hockey clinics, the inserts really reduce the stress on my knees by my toes not lifting, the muscles aren't activated in the leg.

I would definitely recommend these to my fellow members on here and MikeBoyarchuk has been great to chat with!

Hey Ibeck! It's been great chatting with you also. Thanks for posting, we're happy to have you on team POWERFOOT! 

I may have to give these a shot in my new Vapors. A few years ago I made a DIY version in my old Graf Ultra G5's, I really liked the comfort.

• Like 1

I went skate shoping this week and while I had the skates on, I noticed there was so much more rooming my toe box. I was trying to figure out why they felt so weird and then I realized I didn't have the inserts in them! I've been in these for a month and I've skated close to 55-60 hours in the month of August. I will never not use these in my skates, I don't know how I ever got by without them.

Highly highly recommend this product especially for a better heel lock, comfort and less stress on your knee muscles. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A2rhino said:

Curious; How long will a pair of these last? The life of the skate or a certain number of hours?

Manufacturer states they are designed to last 100 hours of ice time, or about 1 year of skating twice per week.

• Like 1

I picked up a set of the inserts from the Hockey Monkey store in New Jersey about a week ago.  I've skated about 3 hours with them now and so far so good.  They definitely make things more comfortable and it definitely feels like my foot is more planted in the skate.  

• Like 1

I've had mine in for 6-9 months or so for 2-3 skates per week. They still feel fine, and frankly, I'm not sure how they'd "fail". I guess they may become less "spongy" but I haven't noticed any of that yet. Mine are in my Mako's FWiW.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2016 at 0:56 PM, beedee said:

I may have to give these a shot in my new Vapors. A few years ago I made a DIY version in my old Graf Ultra G5's, I really liked the comfort.

Hey @beedee let us know if you do, I'd love to hear how we stack vs your DIY pair ;)

On 9/2/2016 at 2:04 PM, A2rhino said:

Curious; How long will a pair of these last? The life of the skate or a certain number of hours?

On 9/2/2016 at 6:35 PM, boo10 said:

Manufacturer states they are designed to last 100 hours of ice time, or about 1 year of skating twice per week.

@A2rhino great question - @boo10 answered you perfectly! That is our suggestion but as you'll see... they tend to last longer!

On 9/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, aintitthelife98 said:

I picked up a set of the inserts from the Hockey Monkey store in New Jersey about a week ago.  I've skated about 3 hours with them now and so far so good.  They definitely make things more comfortable and it definitely feels like my foot is more planted in the skate.  

Glad to have you on Team POWERFOOT @aintitthelife98 !! Thanks for the feedback!

On 9/6/2016 at 0:11 PM, NiCnoK said:

I've had mine in for 6-9 months or so for 2-3 skates per week. They still feel fine, and frankly, I'm not sure how they'd "fail". I guess they may become less "spongy" but I haven't noticed any of that yet. Mine are in my Mako's FWiW.

@NiCnoK Always great to hear from you! Glad the POWERFOOT are holding up to your phenomenal schedule! And you're right, the pressure will start to dissipate aver time.

On 9/6/2016 at 0:46 PM, jlt73 said:

I have a pair arriving today.  I can't wait to try them out tomorrow night,

Nice! Welcome to Team POWERFOOT @jlt73 let us know how it goes!

On 9/7/2016 at 4:33 PM, shoot_the_goalie said:

@MikeBoyarchuk

Any idea if Powerfoot would make the inserts out of different materials in the future?  I for one would be very interested in a memory foam version if it was ever in the works.

Hey @shoot_the_goalie I'm curious... have you tried our current version? It's not memory foam but several players have compared the feel to memory foam. We are looking at other options but based on how tricky it was to get the first combo of performance foam and comfort foam right, it may take some time. If you haven't tried our current version, you may be pleasantly surprised. 

**Sorry for the delay in some of my replies, I was having issues quoting but thanks to @shoot_the_goalie I realize I can tag you guys in my posts... yes, I'm still a rookie LOL

Have a great weekend boys!

• Like 1

Just wanted to say, I installed these on my Nexus N9000s (used the extra shim) and noticed a huge difference. The skates already fit amazingly well but these inserts make it even better. Didn't realize how much I moved my toes (and how uncomfortable that was) until now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carodz said:

Just wanted to say, I installed these on my Nexus N9000s (used the extra shim) and noticed a huge difference. The skates already fit amazingly well but these inserts make it even better. Didn't realize how much I moved my toes (and how uncomfortable that was) until now.

Welcome to Team POWERFOOT @carodz! Thanks for posting your feedback. 

Got my set last week. While I'm not sure I can fully comment on any performance increases, I can say that it has made my skate more comfortable and truly ate up the space left in the toe cap. Even if that's all the benefit I get from my purchase, it was still worth it. I like them.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2016 at 10:45 AM, vinprun71 said:

Got my set last week. While I'm not sure I can fully comment on any performance increases, I can say that it has made my skate more comfortable and truly ate up the space left in the toe cap. Even if that's all the benefit I get from my purchase, it was still worth it. I like them.

Thanks for the support @vinprun71 and welcome to Team POWERFOOT!