Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

On 12/11/2016 at 6:48 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

@MikeBoyarchuk Went to order a set and the web site shows only Bauer SR10+.  I have size 8 skates.  Please advise.

Question answered via email.  Thanks.

Great customer service on a Sunday evening.

I should have seen this sooner! Glad we got you covered. For anyone else wondering the same thing... There is a selection for all skates SR6+ this is what would be selected for the size 8. 

@dkmiller3356 Thanks for the support and welcome to Team POWERFOOT!

@MikeBoyarchuk Hi Mike,

Just a quick question... Do you make the Powerfoot Inserts that fit VH skates? I have a pair of VH and they fit great but they just have a little bit of room that I want to get rid of in the toe box... Plus I've had Powerfoot Inserts in my Bauer 1X skates and really got used to the comfort and performance factor they provide.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, vsawchuk said:

@MikeBoyarchuk Hi Mike,

Just a quick question... Do you make the Powerfoot Inserts that fit VH skates? I have a pair of VH and they fit great but they just have a little bit of room that I want to get rid of in the toe box... Plus I've had Powerfoot Inserts in my Bauer 1X skates and really got used to the comfort and performance factor they provide.

Thanks!

I'm not Mike, but I have the PowerFoot Inserts in my Easton Mako M8s. The toe box of the Mako looks alot like the new toe box (the plastic anatomical one, not the old carbon one) of the VH. I think I heard that VH greatly reduces negative space in the toe box. So, if the shape is the same as Mako, but less negative sace, then it should fit, but you may experience more pressure in the toe box than intended. It just depends on the negative space there. So, obviously, I would not use the additional space filler that comes with the inserts, as this will likely just be too much (and I think with the extra bell and whistle of that thing, it just increases the chances of malfunction- in my last skates, I think that the addition of this second piece caused the insert to come undone- I pulled something out of my skate one day that looked like that piece, and then just played, and have since never investigated.

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I'm not Mike, but I have the PowerFoot Inserts in my Easton Mako M8s. The toe box of the Mako looks alot like the new toe box (the plastic anatomical one, not the old carbon one) of the VH. I think I heard that VH greatly reduces negative space in the toe box. So, if the shape is the same as Mako, but less negative sace, then it should fit, but you may experience more pressure in the toe box than intended. It just depends on the negative space there. So, obviously, I would not use the additional space filler that comes with the inserts, as this will likely just be too much (and I think with the extra bell and whistle of that thing, it just increases the chances of malfunction- in my last skates, I think that the addition of this second piece caused the insert to come undone- I pulled something out of my skate one day that looked like that piece, and then just played, and have since never investigated.

I wear both VH and Makos. The VH has way less room above the toes than the Mako. To be honest I can't imagine needing/using the powerfoot inserts in VH, but personal preference yadda yadda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Tried them yesterday.  No go for me.  I am very much a creature of habit and I just didn't like the pressure on the top of my feet.  Couldn't adjust.

I'm the same way.  I just couldn't get used to it.

On 12/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

Tried them yesterday.  No go for me.  I am very much a creature of habit and I just didn't like the pressure on the top of my feet.  Couldn't adjust.

did you use both the insert and the extra shim?

maybe try with just the insert?  I'm using mine more for comfort in a pair of vapors.  I wasnt willing to have them pushing on my toes (too many foot issues right now). for that alone, it was worth it. 

• Like 1

sorry, I meant, I was just using the insert, no shim.  I probably needed the shim to do the whole hold your toes in place thing.  from just a comfort perspective, the insert alone is great. 

On 12/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

On 12/28/2016 at 11:26 AM, jlt73 said:

I'm the same way.  I just couldn't get used to it.

Hey Guys, thanks for giving them a go. Just curious, how many sessions did you give them and what Skate brand and Size are you in? 

Edited by MikeBoyarchuk

On 12/24/2016 at 5:01 PM, vsawchuk said:

@MikeBoyarchuk Hi Mike,

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay @vsawchuk I was away for the holidays... and by "away", I mean on the ODR with my boys! As @Cosmic mentioned we do have a thinner version that we use for Makos and we also use them for VH skates. We've had a great response with the users so far. Let me know if you need anything else!

On 12/25/2016 at 3:57 PM, Cosmic said:

Thanks for jumping in! Just to confirm, your set up is working now... despite the lack of further investigation?? Let me know if you need anything from our end. Feel free to DM as well. Cheers!

1 hour ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Hey Guys, thanks for giving them a go. Just curious, how many sessions did you give them and what Skate brand and Size are you in? 

I gave it one session, so I might have been a little premature.  I'm going to try them again for a few more sessions and see how I feel about them afterwards.

I have a Nexus N9000 in size 7.5E.

1 hour ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

I'll be honest - I didn't give them much of a chance at all... never even made it onto the ice.  I fit them like the instructions said.  Sat in the house with them for a while and then on game day went to the rink.  When I put them on my feet it was just too different and I wasn't willing to risk feeling uncomfortable.  This is one of those times like when you break up with a girl and you say" "its me and not you."

16 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I'll be honest - I didn't give them much of a chance at all... never even made it onto the ice.  I fit them like the instructions said.  Sat in the house with them for a while and then on game day went to the rink.  When I put them on my feet it was just too different and I wasn't willing to risk feeling uncomfortable.  This is one of those times like when you break up with a girl and you say" "its me and not you."

When I put mine in for the first time, I agree they felt strange. I almost felt my feet were claustrophobic. After getting on the ice with them and breaking them in a bit, they fit amazing and definitely eat up a ton of negative space. I wouldn't go without them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vinprun71 said:

When I put mine in for the first time, I agree they felt strange. I almost felt my feet were claustrophobic. After getting on the ice with them and breaking them in a bit, they fit amazing and definitely eat up a ton of negative space. I wouldn't go without them.

You described what I felt exactly .... I really should have tried them before a pick up session or something when I would have been more willing to work it in and get used to it.

51 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

You described what I felt exactly .... I really should have tried them before a pick up session or something when I would have been more willing to work it in and get used to it.

You just need to go with them :) They feel tight like that because you're not moving. Once you start skating you don't feel the "tightness" of them, you just feel comfortable. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes and when you skate in a pair without them, you'll immediately want to get a pair in them.

18 hours ago, jlt73 said:

I gave it one session, so I might have been a little premature.  I'm going to try them again for a few more sessions and see how I feel about them afterwards.

I have a Nexus N9000 in size 7.5E.

Hey jlt73, could be... we always recommend at least 3hrs to get over the "weird" feeling. Some guys love them from the first minute others work their way in. They still may not work out but we obviously feel they're worth the effort, especially in Bauers as they have the largest toe boxes. If you do give them a few more skates let us know how it goes. 

18 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Story of my life HAHA!

There are a lot of players that have been where you have (as @darkhors mentioned above) One guy in particular that stands out was testing thim in a Old Timers game I was sparing in. Just after the warm up I asked how they felt and he really wasn't sure, he said they may just be too tight for him (he was in grafs, not as big as bauers). After them game I asked again and he said he liked them and wanted to add the shim for more thickness! Ended up liking the shim and loving the POWERFOOT.

Now, like you mentioned the POWERFOOT may not be your thing, but you don't need to stick them in permanently to test them (I'm one of the players that leaves them un stuck to dry out easily and show anyone who's curious) so maybe the next time you hit the ODR throw them in, they will have the added bonus of keeping your toes a little warmer as well. Let us know if you do end up trying them, would like to hear what your post skate feedback is like.

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, darkhors said:

You just need to go with them :) They feel tight like that because you're not moving. Once you start skating you don't feel the "tightness" of them, you just feel comfortable. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes and when you skate in a pair without them, you'll immediately want to get a pair in them.

Thanks for posting @darkhors so much of our success has come from awesome customers like yourself. We really appreciate it and are happy to have you on Team POWERFOOT!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Thanks for posting @darkhors so much of our success has come from awesome customers like yourself. We really appreciate it and are happy to have you on Team POWERFOOT!

No problem. This is one product that makes such a huge difference for a small amount of cash. I've said it before, but this is the best $20 I've spent on equipment ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Story of my life HAHA!

There are a lot of players that have been where you have (as @darkhors mentioned above) One guy in particular that stands out was testing thim in a Old Timers game I was sparing in. Just after the warm up I asked how they felt and he really wasn't sure, he said they may just be too tight for him (he was in grafs, not as big as bauers). After them game I asked again and he said he liked them and wanted to add the shim for more thickness! Ended up liking the shim and loving the POWERFOOT.

Now, like you mentioned the POWERFOOT may not be your thing, but you don't need to stick them in permanently to test them (I'm one of the players that leaves them un stuck to dry out easily and show anyone who's curious) so maybe the next time you hit the ODR throw them in, they will have the added bonus of keeping your toes a little warmer as well. Let us know if you do end up trying them, would like to hear what your post skate feedback is like.

Cheers!

I would but they didn't make them home after the game... I kinda feel stupid about the whole thing!  I tend to be pretty impulsive that way.

Edited by dkmiller3356

On 1/10/2017 at 3:33 AM, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Sorry for the delay @vsawchuk I was away for the holidays... and by "away", I mean on the ODR with my boys! As @Cosmic mentioned we do have a thinner version that we use for Makos and we also use them for VH skates. We've had a great response with the users so far. Let me know if you need anything else!

AHA! That explains it then. When I ordered from Amazon awhile back, someone from Powerfoot (maybe you Mike?) asked me what skate and size I was. I advised and was sent the inserts. The inserts themselves did not seem thick enough, so I added the extra piece. 

I just got a new pair of Makos, and put a sample into the skates. The sample seemed alot thicker, and I love it. I like the pressure actually pressing down on my toes. I was wondering why the sample feels different (better/ fuller) than the one that I ordered.

On 1/10/2017 at 3:35 AM, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Thanks for jumping in! Just to confirm, your set up is working now... despite the lack of further investigation?? Let me know if you need anything from our end. Feel free to DM as well. Cheers!

I just investigated (I was overseas/away from my skates when I wrote the post so I could not see what was up, but just got back). Looks like the inserts are still intact, but as mentioned, I do not think they are thick enough. To each their own/ personal preference and all that.