Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flyers10

Powerfoot performance inserts

17 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I would but they didn't make them home after the game... I kinda feel stupid about the whole thing!  I tend to be pretty impulsive that way.

Oh boy... we all make bad plays now and again, some worse than others HA!

Let me know if you do want to give them a fair shot and I'll see if I can work something out for you.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

AHA! That explains it then. When I ordered from Amazon awhile back, someone from Powerfoot (maybe you Mike?) asked me what skate and size I was. I advised and was sent the inserts. The inserts themselves did not seem thick enough, so I added the extra piece. 

I just got a new pair of Makos, and put a sample into the skates. The sample seemed alot thicker, and I love it. I like the pressure actually pressing down on my toes. I was wondering why the sample feels different (better/ fuller) than the one that I ordered.

I just investigated (I was overseas/away from my skates when I wrote the post so I could not see what was up, but just got back). Looks like the inserts are still intact, but as mentioned, I do not think they are thick enough. To each their own/ personal preference and all that. 

Most likely Rob that reached out!

Where did you test the sample? I thought maybe you ordered a new pair but now that I have re-read your post you may actually still have the thinner ones you're not a fan of. 

If your current set up is not thick enough please send me a DM and I'll work something out for you. You can also email if you prefer - michael@adrenalinedesign.ca 

3 hours ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Oh boy... we all make bad plays now and again, some worse than others HA!

Let me know if you do want to give them a fair shot and I'll see if I can work something out for you.

Thanks for the offer... I'll let you know.

• Like 1

When I first tried the powerfoot I did a stick and puck and really disliked it.  I did try it again in my league game tonight and it was totally different feeling.  I actually liked how it felt.  I will keep them in for a bit and try them out.  The testing continues!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jlt73 said:

When I first tried the powerfoot I did a stick and puck and really disliked it.  I did try it again in my league game tonight and it was totally different feeling.  I actually liked how it felt.  I will keep them in for a bit and try them out.  The testing continues!

Great news!

Keep us posted!

Mike,

I've switched skates (from Grafs to Easton Makos) and the pair I have are too thick.  Tried them last night (they do have the shim adhered) and my toes felt really cramped.  Any suggestion on modifying the pair I have?  Can I get the shim off without doing damage to the insert?  Or do I need to open my wallet? 

I did like them quite a bit in my Grafs, so am assuming the Makos will have the same favorable results.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Mike,

I've switched skates (from Grafs to Easton Makos) and the pair I have are too thick.  Tried them last night (they do have the shim adhered) and my toes felt really cramped.  Any suggestion on modifying the pair I have?  Can I get the shim off without doing damage to the insert?  Or do I need to open my wallet? 

I did like them quite a bit in my Grafs, so am assuming the Makos will have the same favorable results.  

Hey @krisdrum glad to hear you liked them in the Grafs and congrats on the new skates...

However, 2 problems with converting your current pair. 1- I really don't see the shim coming off without destroying the insert. 2- Even if you got it off the regular POWERFOOT without a shim is probably to think.

The good news is that we have a custom thinner insert that comes with a shim for Mako's and VH/True skates. 

So, it's looking line you'll have to open that wallet of yours. If you're interested in some of our new products and/or want to get a group order together, maybe I can work out a great deal for you! Send me a DM if you want and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks again for the support!

As a complete newbie, I was struggling with how my foot should feel in the boot and felt like I was either on my toes or on my heels.  I was breaking in my new Bauer Vapor X700's and with so much room in the toe area, I was concerned that my feet/toes weren't staying flat in front of my arches.  I bucked up and bought the Powerfoot inserts and it certainly felt snug at first but the second I stepped on the ice it felt like my feet and the ice skates were finally "connected".  After only a few skates the inserts started to break in and become less snug and I actually look forward to the feel of sliding my foot into the boot and feel a little pressure on my toes.

I can see how very experience skaters may not want and/or need this but as a newbie, I really liked how it forced me to become more sensitive to how my feet fit on the sole of the boot.  As a result I was able to pinpoint that I need a little more heel lift to take pressure off my inner arches (resolved by using Superfeet yellow inserts), plus I may need a punch out once the boots are a little more seasoned.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proth0303 said:

As a complete newbie, I was struggling with how my foot should feel in the boot and felt like I was either on my toes or on my heels.  I was breaking in my new Bauer Vapor X700's and with so much room in the toe area, I was concerned that my feet/toes weren't staying flat in front of my arches.  I bucked up and bought the Powerfoot inserts and it certainly felt snug at first but the second I stepped on the ice it felt like my feet and the ice skates were finally "connected".  After only a few skates the inserts started to break in and become less snug and I actually look forward to the feel of sliding my foot into the boot and feel a little pressure on my toes.

I can see how very experience skaters may not want and/or need this but as a newbie, I really liked how it forced me to become more sensitive to how my feet fit on the sole of the boot.  As a result I was able to pinpoint that I need a little more heel lift to take pressure off my inner arches (resolved by using Superfeet yellow inserts), plus I may need a punch out once the boots are a little more seasoned.  

What a great review, thanks @proth0303! Welcome to to Team POWERFOOT!

• Like 1

Played 3 games with them (2 Monday, 1 last night), and really like what the Powerfoot does.  It just really dials in an already good fit for me. 

I bought Tacks last Halloween, and have played 2-4x a week with them since then (Sr./10D).  I really like everything about the skates, but felt the toe box had just a tad too much room for me.  These solved that small issue, and I actually feel like my skating is even better.  Even if the latter is just placebo, any little bit helps, even if its just a mental thing.  Great product.  Putting another set in my designated pond hockey skates tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

Played 3 games with them (2 Monday, 1 last night), and really like what the Powerfoot does.  It just really dials in an already good fit for me. 

I bought Tacks last Halloween, and have played 2-4x a week with them since then (Sr./10D).  I really like everything about the skates, but felt the toe box had just a tad too much room for me.  These solved that small issue, and I actually feel like my skating is even better.  Even if the latter is just placebo, any little bit helps, even if its just a mental thing.  Great product.  Putting another set in my designated pond hockey skates tonight. 

Yes Sir! Never gets old hearing feedback like this! You'll appreciate the bonus of keeping your toes warmer  out on the Pond! Glad to have you on Team POWERFOOT!

• Like 1

Mike,

I had a pair of old skates remolded and skated for the first time in 7 months after a major injury last week and felt a bit awkward. I put the Powerfoot inserts in over the weekend and skated in them last night for the first time ever. I LOVE THESE THINGS. No issues with discomfort at all. I can say that now that I've used them I totally get the premise behind them and will always use them moving forward. I felt more control than ever before in my toe box when cutting and cornering. Some of the best ideas are the simplest ones.

On 1/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, A2rhino said:

Mike,

I had a pair of old skates remolded and skated for the first time in 7 months after a major injury last week and felt a bit awkward. I put the Powerfoot inserts in over the weekend and skated in them last night for the first time ever. I LOVE THESE THINGS. No issues with discomfort at all. I can say that now that I've used them I totally get the premise behind them and will always use them moving forward. I felt more control than ever before in my toe box when cutting and cornering. Some of the best ideas are the simplest ones.

Hey @A2rhino! Great post, glad you finally tested them out and love them as much as we do! Welcome to team POWERFOOT...finally! ;)

I had bought the inserts several months ago and never got around to trying them out until practice tonight. I had been having  problems with heel lock in one of my skates lately even after wearing Stable 26 socks for over a year. I couldn't add a bigger Stable 26 pad in the sock because it became painful. Unfortunately I have a high instep, so the Bauer Nexus were the only skate that I could get enough depth in but that also comes with a wider heel. Anyway, I figured I had the Powerfoot inserts sitting around in my bag and had needed to change my skate laces, so I decided to put the inserts in my skates while doing so. Put my skates on at practice and at first my toes felt a little cramped but that quickly went away when I stepped on the ice. They might not have been designed to do so, but the inserts definitely helped give me better heel lock in my skates. Add that to making the toe box more comfortable and I could notice my skating improved right away, and I am a happy camper. I plan on ordering True custom skates at the beginning of the year, and I will definitely be ordering Powerfoot inserts for them.  

Edited by chocks86

I bought some inserts and I used them for a few months. They did improve the psychological feel of the skates. But I stopped using them and I don't miss them. Maybe my balance has improved, maybe I'm used to the void above my toes, who knows. I know others who have them, so they are not uncommon in the UK among rec players.

Hi @MikeBoyarchuk  just discovering this thread about the Powerfoots and had a couple questions after having read all 13 pages  of the postings 😁

1st question, a couple posters here mentioned how the Powerfoot inserts helped keep their toes a bit warmer. I also noted this on your Facebook page:

“We did it! Huge thank you to Steve McNeil the Ironman for doing what he does for everyone affected by Alzheimer’s! Patinage 1926 Skate - Montreal 2020. Thank you to everyone who came out to visit us on the rink and to all those who have generously donated to the cause! 

Special shout outs to Corey Pomkoski and Jim Parsons for the coffees and breakfast! To Rob Bourque from Adrenaline Sport Innovation for the Powerfoot Performance Skate inserts that helped keep us going for 19 hrs 26 min.” 

For the first time ever since playing hockey for some 50 odd years, this year I’ve started getting cold toes. It usually happens after about an hour or so on the ice depending how cold the rink is. Can you maybe speak to just how much warmth there might be using the Powerfoot inserts and helping out with the problem of cold toes?

2nd question, I noticed a number of comments about different situations on attaching the Powerfoots. The current version uses a sticky adhesive backing to attach the Powerfoots onto the Toecap. Silly question but what if a velcro tape system was used instead. I’d imagine the felt part of the velcro with a sticky adhesive backing could be attached to the Toecap and the hook & loop part of the velcro could attached on the Powerfoot. This way, one could easily detach and remove the Powerfoot when replacing, drying it between uses, showing it to others, experimenting with shims, etc., and then re-positioning in the same place afterwards.

Anyways, look forward to hearing your comments. 😊

3 hours ago, pokechecks said:

2nd question, I noticed a number of comments about different situations on attaching the Powerfoots. The current version uses a sticky adhesive backing to attach the Powerfoots onto the Toecap. Silly question but what if a velcro tape system was used instead. I’d imagine the felt part of the velcro with a sticky adhesive backing could be attached to the Toecap and the hook & loop part of the velcro could attached on the Powerfoot. This way, one could easily detach and remove the Powerfoot when replacing, drying it between uses, showing it to others, experimenting with shims, etc., and then re-positioning in the same place afterwards.

Anyways, look forward to hearing your comments. 😊

I've been using these for a few years and love them, I do not attach them in any which way to my skates, this way I can remove them after playing to air them out (they're pretty absorbent so I'd imagine they'd stink real bad in a short time if you didn't air them out).  I just slide them in before I put my skates on and push them to the top of the toe cap, the foam sort of takes the shape of the cap and keeps it in place until I slide my foot in, once your foot is in it's not going anywhere, I've never had issues doing it this way and see no benefit of physically attaching them.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I've been using these for a few years and love them, I do not attach them in any which way to my skates, this way I can remove them after playing to air them out (they're pretty absorbent so I'd imagine they'd stink real bad in a short time if you didn't air them out).  I just slide them in before I put my skates on and push them to the top of the toe cap, the foam sort of takes the shape of the cap and keeps it in place until I slide my foot in, once your foot is in it's not going anywhere, I've never had issues doing it this way and see no benefit of physically attaching them.

I'd use Velcro. I make my own with sheets of Eva foam from the dollar store but probably won't need to use these anymore since almost all skates have low profile toe caps now. 

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Yes exactly. They stay put. Do not attach. Most likely you will not get it exactly where you want and then what. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

hey @xstartxtodayx and @OldCY great to know the Powerfoots will form to the shape of the Toecaps and help with the re-positioning of them if removed…appreciate the input 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I'd use Velcro. I make my own with sheets of Eva foam from the dollar store but probably won't need to use these anymore since almost all skates have low profile toe caps now. 

@Sniper9 even if skates have low profile Toecaps, my understanding is that use of the Powerfoots will still be a benefit for those who use them. For me, helping to keep the toes warm was the main benefit I was looking at from the Powerfeets, and if they help with comfort and\or performance by keeping the toes down, that’d be an added bonus……appreciated your input 😊

1 hour ago, pokechecks said:

@Sniper9 even if skates have low profile Toecaps, my understanding is that use of the Powerfoots will still be a benefit for those who use them. For me, helping to keep the toes warm was the main benefit I was looking at from the Powerfeets, and if they help with comfort and\or performance by keeping the toes down, that’d be an added bonus……appreciated your input 😊

Ya I see that being a benefit. The only thing I don't like about powerfeet is the price for what they are and the fact that they will compress pretty quickly. Personally for something like this, id make it myself with materials purchased at the dollar store or fabric store. 

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Ya I see that being a benefit. The only thing I don't like about powerfeet is the price for what they are and the fact that they will compress pretty quickly. Personally for something like this, id make it myself with materials purchased at the dollar store or fabric store. 

Had considered a DIY kinda thing as well at one point but then thought by the time I finished dicking around trying to get the proper shape of getting the foam to fitting the Toecap and then the proper thickness and type of foam to use, I’d probably wasted much more time and effort than just buying a pair of the Powerfeets which already has that all sorted out 🤪

Oh well, maybe try a DIY next time now that I’ll have a pair of the Powerfeet as a template 😊

2 hours ago, pokechecks said:

Had considered a DIY kinda thing as well at one point but then thought by the time I finished dicking around trying to get the proper shape of getting the foam to fitting the Toecap and then the proper thickness and type of foam to use, I’d probably wasted much more time and effort than just buying a pair of the Powerfeets which already has that all sorted out 🤪

Oh well, maybe try a DIY next time now that I’ll have a pair of the Powerfeet as a template 😊

With how spongey the powerfeet inserts are if you use a foam that's similar density you have room for error as it'll just compress and mold to the top of your feet. Some kind of memory foam would be good.  But hey convenience and time is also money so I get it