Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangle_Snipe_19

New stick and curve

I don't get it, 90 flex for a 90 pounder

Oh and I don't like higher kick sticks

Oh that sucks then. But, I honestly flex it fine, just put a lot of power in it.

I take lots of slappers and snappers. I'm not insanely strong I just use my dominant hand on bottom which flexes the stick better. Also, I have pretty good hands. It's really all preference. Shea Weber has like no torque on his stick, and fyi before you guys ask, I play center.

I do have pretty good wrist shots too, I think think this all goes back to when I started hockey with the old ass Dolomites my dad cut down that were 100 flex haha, I was using those things at age 4-5 lmao. I'm just used to stiffer sticks. And Halen get a 60 Flex MX3. I had that prior to the 1X and it is very whippy. It is a slight slower release but it's very powerful. To be honest I think I prefered the MX3, but I don't want to break it again.

Huh?

:huh:w640xh480_Shea_Weber_bomb.jpg?ts=1394541

I'm sorry. Check his all star game slapshot from this year. That must be older.

shea-weber-hardest-shot.jpg

At this rate, I don't know what'll be bigger - the hole you're digging or the balloon you're blowing.

shea-weber-hardest-shot.jpg

At this rate, I don't know what'll be bigger - the hole you're digging or the balloon you're blowing.

I'm sorry dude, when I was watching it the announcer was like there's no torque on his stick. The image also made it look like that my apologies. Ah, it was Roenick.

There's the video watch the full thing he says no torque.

He also said earlier in the broadcast that the puck picks up speed if you shoot lower, because it stays on the ice. My guess is that Jeremy Roenick is not very good at physics.

I take lots of slappers and snappers. I'm not insanely strong I just use my dominant hand on bottom which flexes the stick better. Also, I have pretty good hands. It's really all preference. Shea Weber has like no torque on his stick, and fyi before you guys ask, I play center.

I do have pretty good wrist shots too, I think think this all goes back to when I started hockey with the old ass Dolomites my dad cut down that were 100 flex haha, I was using those things at age 4-5 lmao. I'm just used to stiffer sticks. And Halen get a 60 Flex MX3. I had that prior to the 1X and it is very whippy. It is a slight slower release but it's very powerful. To be honest I think I prefered the MX3, but I don't want to break it again.

Using sticks that are that stiff as a kid leads to developing a shooting motion that does not use stick flex. You are only able to generate speed by how fast you can whip your hands when you don't let the stick flex. It's good for quick release on chip shots around the net but your overall shot power will suffer.

Using sticks that are that stiff as a kid leads to developing a shooting motion that does not use stick flex. You are only able to generate speed by how fast you can whip your hands when you don't let the stick flex. It's good for quick release on chip shots around the net but your overall shot power will suffer.

Not really I flex it fine.

Oh that sucks then. But, I honestly flex it fine, just put a lot of power in it.

Not really I flex it fine.

Having to put a lot of power into it is not flexing it "fine". In fact, that's exactly the type of problems that using an overly stiff stick will cause.

Having to put a lot of power into it is not flexing it "fine". In fact, that's exactly the type of problems that using an overly stiff stick will cause.

You must've started hockey late because my pops used wood until composite and those things were like 100 flex.

And I'm not having to, it's instinct. The rule of flex should be half your weight is fake. Like I said what about the kids who grew up with wood?

You must've started hockey late because my pops used wood until composite and those things were like 100 flex.

And I'm not having to, it's instinct. The rule of flex should be half your weight is fake. Like I said what about the kids who grew up with wood?

they probably used a lower flex wood stick like i did.

I've used wood, aluminum, composite, etc.... Most kids that grew up using wood sticks use sticks that are way too stiff. Eventually, they realize how much easier the game is when you don't have to try and put everything they have into every shot. Even the majority of NHL players use 100 flex or lower now. It's not about ego, it's about effectiveness.

my last wood stick was an 85 flex. I was about 18 at the time. When wood sticks were prevalent, you used to spend a lot of time in the store flexing sticks to get ones that felt right for you since the flex on wood sticks was not as consistent as the composites are today due to the manufacturing process and difference in wood grains vs a fairly consistent fiber and resin matrix.

my last wood stick was an 85 flex. I was about 18 at the time. When wood sticks were prevalent, you used to spend a lot of time in the store flexing sticks to get ones that felt right for you since the flex on wood sticks was not as consistent as the composites are today due to the manufacturing process and difference in wood grains vs a fairly consistent fiber and resin matrix.

I used Easton Z-Carbon wood sticks (95 flex) for a while but I was coaching and playing a lot at the time. I was going through a couple sticks a week. Composites saved me a ton of money.

I've used wood, aluminum, composite, etc.... Most kids that grew up using wood sticks use sticks that are way too stiff. Eventually, they realize how much easier the game is when you don't have to try and put everything they have into every shot. Even the majority of NHL players use 100 flex or lower now. It's not about ego, it's about effectiveness.

Yes, it's not for my ego, I have a better shot with a stiff stick. And don't tell me I'm shooting wrong. Why the hell would I use it for ego anyways?

If you read it properly, he didn't say you're shooting wrong, merely not being as efficient as you could be given your size and your stick choices

If you read it properly, he didn't say you're shooting wrong, merely not being as efficient as you could be given your size and your stick choices

I know, I just have a feeling someone would. Also, when I use whippy sticks my shot is fluttery.

It is not about flex, torque, style, wood, composite, it is indeed all about how many times you put it in da net.

There is no wrong shot that ends up turning the light on.

Best shooter has da most goals.

Lot's of "experts" on here makes for interesting reading. I don't trust anyone's advice if they are from outside da twin ports where da game is the best.

It is not about flex, torque, style, wood, composite, it is indeed all about how many times you put it in da net.

There is no wrong shot that ends up turning the light on.

Best shooter has da most goals.

Lot's of "experts" on here makes for interesting reading. I don't trust anyone's advice if they are from outside da twin ports where da game is the best.

Um, you're kidding right? You need to have a stick that fits your traits to score goals. and NHL player isint going to use a 35 flex stick and just because he scores a goal he thinks it's ok You need to use a stick that works good for you. When you do this, you will have a better shot and better hands, which will lead to you scoring more goals .

Um, you're kidding right? You need to have a stick that fits your traits to score goals. and NHL player isint going to use a 35 flex stick and just because he scores a goal he thinks it's ok You need to use a stick that works good for you. When you do this, you will have a better shot and better hands, which will lead to you scoring more goals .

Obvious joke apparently not so obvious.

Mostly joking. Been playing for >50 years, what works for works regardless of what the experts not from MN say is best.

Think about how the dude that invented the new high jump style years ago and what the experts said.

I like my skates how I like them and my sticks how I like my sticks.

Also have a NE MN bias because that is where da blades touched the ice.

Played a lot of years have a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing my grandson lace em up.

He will make is own style, his own game, as long as he does what I say!