Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Ice Hockey in Taiwan?

I'm thinking of spending some time there in the fall, particularly Taoyuan City. Anybody know of any rec leagues or drop- in times, if any? Thanks.

A guy on my team is the Captain of the national team there. I will PM you his FB. I do not know him personally; I just joined this team, but I know who he is. He would be the guy to ask.

Hey man, I lived there for 3 years and a bit - there's a great rink in Taipei, and I believe there's a smaller rink for 3 on 3 as well. The lads there are absolute legends and are very welcoming. Lots of Canadians and some really talented Taiwanese players.

Shoot me a message and I can put you in touch with a few guys in Taipei - you're pretty humped in Taoyuan for ice hockey, but there may be a roller rink there.

I spent a summer there and was able to play 2 times a week. One day at Taipei Arena, which is pretty much Taipei's MSG. IIHF size rink. Another day 3 on 3 in a rink in Ximendeng. Both were weekdays. Tues and Thurs if I recall correctly.

I was playing with all Canadians and a few younger Taiwanese whom they had been coaching. Hockey was pretty good considering being in Tropical Asia. There were guys whom traveled from Taoyuan to play in Taipei. Canadians will travel through horrible circumstances to play good hockey, I've witnessed this in Asia and in NYC first hand. Really scary in my opinion.

There is a beer league. Not like anywhere else where you have friends and that's your team. The community is very small and everyone knows one another They usually conduct a draft which creates parody. The draft is probably pretty soon.