Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmiro

girdle questions

So recently started playing roller again after a long, long break from hockey. Hoping to play some beer league ice in the fall. I started going through my equipment and found my WSI wrap girdle. Yes I know its old. Its actually in great shape. I also would use it in beer league ice.

It has plastic inserts. I really like girdles compared to pants. However It seems the market for them isn't( nor has it ever been huge) most of what I am seeing Is the all spandex style. Most of these are roller with no plastic inserts. So who makes a wrap style with plastic inserts these day? How are the eagle girdles? Thanks in advance.

From all the recent inline girdles I have seen (Mission, Alkali, Rbk) they are designed for lightness and cooling and protection is downgraded because of this. If you want plastic inserts then you have to look at an ice girdle but they are much hotter than an inline girdle. I've used/still use Bauer X60/TO, Warrior project and CCM pro ice girdles for inline, never had an eagle girdle so can't comment on them. I also double up with the girdles for ice so they get a lot of use and are hard wearing - continual rotation means a dry girdle, I hate pulling on wet gear :).

The new Warrior Dynasty girdle is well ventilated which would make it cooler for roller than other ice girdles, however; it is a short style girdle and not a wrap style. All the current roller girdles I can think of are short style girdles. The CCM RBZ roller girdle seems like a reasonable compromise between protection and mobility, but again it's a short style girdle.

The only current wrap style girdles I can think of are the Supreme ice girdles (NXG, MX3 ect.). They're often listed as pants as they're sold with the girdle and shell.

I have the eagle x95 girdle and the new warrior dynasty. The Eagles are a wrap styles girdle with plastic inserts. they have a ton of padding in them for a girdle... more than some pro stock pants I've worn. They'd be great for checking hockey.

I like the dynasty girdle better because it has enough protection and breathes really well on both ice and roller.

Tried the Eagles for roller and it was way too hot.

has anyone tried he Mission Pro Compression girdle? Its supposed to have a good level of protection and great ventilation

I had the Mission Pro Compression girdle and really liked it except for the padded belt. Good protection and ventilation, but the belt is a separate piece that flopped around a little bit. I took it off, and eventually went back to my Mission Thorax Flow girdle which doesn't breathe as well, but feels more comfortable.

I'm with you on the girdles. Even on ice i still prefer a girdle, but have had the same struggle... ice girdles are too protective and bulky for roller and the roller girdles these days don't feel protective enough. I have been curious about that new Mission but afraid of its price tag. The solution I ended up with was Ebay. I found an old school Cooper and have modified some of the padding to open its range of motion. Good luck and if you snag that Mission, let us know your thoughts on it.

I've been using a Mission wrap girdle with plastic inserts that I got on clearance from one of the hockey websites, it's probably from 2010 or before. I wish more companies still made wrap girdles, but they to be gone the way of the dodo. I was using a Reebok 9k girdle with plastic inserts for the hips. They didn't really have enough padding on the inside of the girdle, so falls must slightly more than I would have liked (especially considering the price). Bring back decent padding in a wrap girdle format!

I spared for a friend's team last year so I went with the Mission Core girdle just because it was so cheap. I would not recommend this girdle just because it lacks protection. I'd have lots of bruises on my hips and thighs the next morning. This season I'm playing full-time roller and after two games in I had enough.

I was in a similar boat as the OP as I couldn't find many roller-specific girdles in my area with the plastic inserts. I ended up buying the Supreme ONE.8 girdle and so far it's been great. I use it without the shell and it's not heavy/bulky and I haven't gotten any bruises since.

I tried on the Warrior Dynasty girdle the other day. It is so light, and non-bulky, that I could barely even tell that I was wearing it. I am gonna be purchasing this for sure.

I have the eagle x95 girdle and the new warrior dynasty. The Eagles are a wrap styles girdle with plastic inserts. they have a ton of padding in them for a girdle... more than some pro stock pants I've worn. They'd be great for checking hockey.

I like the dynasty girdle better because it has enough protection and breathes really well on both ice and roller.

Tried the Eagles for roller and it was way too hot.

Asian is the X95 really a wrap girdle I am really considering this for my son but all the pictures I have seen seem like it is a lace-up pull on short style.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/eagle-hockey-girdle-x95-sr.html

If it is a wrap style I am even more inclined to pick one up as I am debating between that the Projekt and the One.8 and the main selling point for me on the One.8 is the wrap style.

Sorry I meant as in it is a close fitting girdle. It is a pull up shorts style but fits like a compression shirt.

The projekt is a pull up as wel. The only girdle you can completely unvelcro...so to speak to are total one mx3 series.

I wasn't sure if you were asking about the fit or the ability put on the girdle by completely unwrapping