Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

islander

Foot protection

I took a shot and bought a pair of the NHL version of Skate Fenders on eBay. They are much better than the retail version. The best thing is that they fit much closer to your foot since they don't bubble out. But they are also lighter and more shaped to the skate and flex more so they're more comfortable. I don't know if they are as protective, but I figure if this is what the NHL guys wear, then they are good enough for me.

I took a shot and bought a pair of the NHL version of Skate Fenders on eBay. They are much better than the retail version. The best thing is that they fit much closer to your foot since they don't bubble out. But they are also lighter and more shaped to the skate and flex more so they're more comfortable. I don't know if they are as protective, but I figure if this is what the NHL guys wear, then they are good enough for me.

Can you post a photo?

Can you post a link to the pro stock ones you bought?

These are the ones I just ordered from ice warehouse: http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SKFDPRO

I still feel a little weird about wearing them though, and id rather spend more on something sleeker if its available.

From looking at the shot blocker website - they look to be the sleekest, as they custom fit the blocker to whatever skate you use.

If I did go with shotblockers instead, I think Id get this for front protection since I wear my shins over:

39_shotblockers_xt_shorty_2_14_11_2013_2

And debating between the XT lite or XT pro for side/back protection:

54_shotblockers_lite1_15_06_2015_11_39_5

or

43_shotblockers_pro1_15_06_2015_11_26_28

Cant really think of a time when Ive gotten hit past where the lite would cover, but how dumb would I feel if I bought the front and side protection, and then ended up getting hit in the back and breaking something,

Lemme know what you guys think. The fenders are on their way, but I can always return and either get the blockers, or the pro stock fenders if they are available.

I bought them on eBay. There's one pair left.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161767309916&globalID=EBAY-US

This is what they look like

F48397A1-8981-458C-B85F-0121AA601C88.jpg

And here are some pics of them compared to the retail pro version on my skates. You can't tell as well from the pics, but they fit much, much, closer to the skates. They're contoured correctly too. There are not pressure points. I blocked 3 bombs tonight - 2 to the outside, 1 to the top of my foot - and I didn't feel a thing. Definitely as protective as the retail version, even though they don't have the bubbles.

0A60C0EC-E255-4116-83BA-B30BE1C3F8CD.jpg

DBD2F0B3-2554-48C1-BEA6-6A0AFDE0239D.jpg

5D1FC16C-0216-4349-BC20-6AE2FF568A7C.jpg

Also. If someone does buy that last pair, check to see if they send you two left feet guards. They sent me two rights. I asked the guy but he said they look like both feet to him. So they either sold someone else two lefts and the buyer didn't realize, or they didn't get a matched set from whoever the supplier was. It's not a big deal, they still fit mostly. I may try to heat and reshape the wrong one if I can't get the correct one.

Also. If someone does buy that last pair, check to see if they send you two left feet guards. They sent me two rights. I asked the guy but he said they look like both feet to him. So they either sold someone else two lefts and the buyer didn't realize, or they didn't get a matched set from whoever the supplier was. It's not a big deal, they still fit mostly. I may try to heat and reshape the wrong one if I can't get the correct one.

I just bought them. Shipping internationally so it may be awhile before I have my hands on them, but I will have a look and we can compare notes and potentially swap when I get to USA in December. If you end up heat molding, then this could mess up a swap between us (unless you'd wanna send me the non molded one for one of mine). Who knows tho? As you theorize, there is any # of explanations, and I may end up getting a proper pair.

I just bought them. Shipping internationally so it may be awhile before I have my hands on them, but I will have a look and we can compare notes and potentially swap when I get to USA in December. If you end up heat molding, then this could mess up a swap between us (unless you'd wanna send me the non molded one for one of mine). Who knows tho? As you theorize, there is any # of explanations, and I may end up getting a proper pair.

I won't do anything until you get yours just to make sure. Thanks